Dessert Works cakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from militarybrat20. Show militarybrat20's posts

Dessert Works cakes

i tried the search button for this but was unsuccessful. So hopefully you guys can tell me.
    Has anyone used Dessert Works bakery in Norwood? My DH and i had a complimentary tasting with them earlier this week. It was a great experience and everything seems lovely. Im just curious what other people think. The quote they gave us seems really reasonably compared to the bakery we went to right after was way over priced for me.
    TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Dessert Works cakes

I don't remember reading anything about them before.  However, if you had a great experience, loved the cake, and their prices were good, what good is other people's opinions?  Go for it!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LolaMaria. Show LolaMaria's posts

I can't say much about pricing but I've had many cakes by Dessert Works over the years and have never been disappointed! The cakes are delicious and beautiful, too! If the quote that they gave you fits within your budget, I'd say go for it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrc5. Show jrc5's posts

DessertWorks is the absolute best cake I have ever tasted.  The owner is an ex-Kondietor baker so they ave a similar look...but taste much better.
    I have tried every bakery in the area and DessertWorks is king!!  The french vanilla is my fav.  They price out about $4.50/slice. 

Also, if you want to save...think about this.  Bakeries never count the middle of the cake as a slice because everyone is supposed to have an end (with frosting).  The middle of the cake is often wasted.  Maybe you can go for a smaller cake and use the middle???  That will keep your costs down. 

Happy tasting!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

My shower cake was bought at DW and was beyond yummy (summer berry).  I got my wedding cake through KM (venue offered only KM without an upcharge).  The cake from KM was fine (great design), but the DW cake tasted a lot better.  DW was great to work with as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

I love DessertWorks.  They make delicious cakes that look great, too.  I've had them at a number of weddings, much better than Konditor Meister and most everywhere else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from militarybrat20. Show militarybrat20's posts

thank you ladies soo much! We are booking them, but im glad that you have reinforced our decision with postive feedback! Very much appreciated!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrideMeaghan. Show BrideMeaghan's posts

A friend of mine used Dessert Works for wedding and it was, by far, the best wedding cake I've ever had.  It was delicious and moist.  I don't think they mass produce their cakes the way Konditor does either.  Just my 2 cents. ;o)