DIY flowers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: DIY flowers?

I'd do a test run, if I were you. Order a few of the flowers you think you'll want and see how they are when they arrive. Do enoughf or one bouquet.

I made my own bouquet with paper flowers and supplies from the craft store. It was a lot of fun and I was very happy with the results.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I second Pinkie - do a test run. If you are just a bit crafty, you can do your own floral arrangement for a fraction of the price a florist would ask. And have fun doing it too. Order the flowers you would like, see how they come out and do a practise run.
    Sticking flowers in a vase is not that hard, unless you want some elaborate designer centerpieces. I never understood, why florists charge so much.
    Another option is Costco. You can order the flowers you want from them. They are a lot less than florists, and the flowers are always as fresh as can be. My DIL did that for her parents 50th anniversary, and three of us put together lovely centerpieces plus a "bride's" bouquet for her mother renewing her wows. Wish I had some pix to show you.
    Good luck - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't order mine online, but I did my flowers totally unseen, all over the phone.  I never met the owner/designer in person or visited the shop.  She was recommended by my venue, and that was good enough for me.  And, the flowers were perfect. 

Online ordering shouldn't be scary - one bad review and they might as well pack it in.  Online businesses have a huge vested interest in exceeding your expectations.

I've used Agape Florists, and they have always delivered (no pun intended) beyond my rather high expectations, but not for weddings or big events, just individual floral gifts.  However, I see that they do weddings, and I'd trust them based on their performance with smaller items.

Agape Florist

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

and depending on your colors, cabbage can also be used s a beautiful, inexpensive, filler:

www.florist2florist.com/1258542336/cabbage-10801.jpg" alt="" />
    www.interiorfloraldesign.org.uk/fullSize/Ornimental%20Cabbage%20Bouquet.jpg" alt="" />

www.glenvuflorist.com/gf/html/images/05l.jpg" alt="" />

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Is there a local place to buy flowers in bulk or wholesale? I know the Jacob's Flower market place (that you can see from 93) is for industry-only businesses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I agree with others, do a test run and that way you can see how the flwoers look when you get them.  Like for roses, sometimes they come as really tight buds and they need a day or 2 to open to look more like what you see in a floewr shop.  You definitely want to test first so you don't have any surprises at the wedding.

My SIL did her own flowers for her wedding (and we helped since we were in town).  I'm not sure where she ordered from, but I'm pretty sure she did it online.  They came out beautiful, but I will say it was a LOT of work.  And you can't really do much in advance, so she was pretty stressed the 2 days before the wedding doing them.  She had a lot of help (probably about 6 people including us) and it was a lot of work, including transporting them to the venue ahead of time.  Just make sure you plan it really well and leave yourself enough time for it.  Personally, flowers are the one thing I would not do myself because I think it so much work so close to the wedding.  I was stressed enough without that. 

Another option I thought about was using Whole Foods. They make beautiful arrangements and you can order them to be ready for the day of the wedding. Prices are really good, I saw a beautiful low centerpiece for like $29.99.  The nice thing is that they do the arrangement for you, all you have to do is pick them up and deliver it the venue.  Much easier than doing all the arrangements yourself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: DIY flowers?:
    [QUOTE] Personally, flowers are the one thing I would not do myself because I think it so much work so close to the wedding.  I was stressed enough without that.  Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

very true. one of the reasons I chose to make paper flowers was that I could make them weeks in advance. But, I think if you budget the time for it, have helpers, and give yourself plenty of wiggle room, it could be doable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

We purchased our flowers from a wholesaler and then had DH's mom and aunt arrange them on the day of the wedding.  We had met with the wholesaler previously who had given me some samples, I played around with them and took photos of what I thought I might like, and just gave them the photos as guidance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

I can't believe those are paper flowers....Gorgeous!
    In Response to Re: DIY flowers?:
    [QUOTE]and depending on your colors, cabbage can also be used s a beautiful, inexpensive, filler: www.florist2florist.com/1258542336/cabbage-10801.jpg " alt="" /> www.interiorfloraldesign.org.uk/fullSize/Ornimental%20Cabbage%20Bouquet.jpg " alt=""> www.glenvuflorist.com/gf/html/images/05l.jpg " alt="">
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]