DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

I am looking for a DJ for my wedding at the Boston Harbor Hotel in October.  I am looking for a low key DJ (non-cheesy, no gimmicks/games/props) who will be open to working with me to develop the playlist.  Honestly, if I could DJ the wedding myself, I would, but I realize that I need someone to keep things running smoothly.  But I do want a DJ who will be open to me giving him pretty specific instructions about what I want played (and what I DON'T want played).  Ideally I'd like to spend about $1,000.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

Hi EJL,

We're planning to use Curtis Knight Entertainment.  They have TONS of DJs and I have heard great things about them in general.  For 4 hrs they are $900, 5 hrs is $1000.  We met with Mark Cherone and while they do offer the cheesy games and stuff, they will do whatever you want. So if you say no games and give them a specific play list, they will do it!

Good luck!

Note: they have been very responsive, but the owner, Curtis, is kind of funny and his emails are all multicolored.  Don't let that scare you off!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Re: DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

You sound like me... I wanted non cheesy, no games, no stupid dances, just a cool guy that was fun.  I hired Tim Kane from Blue Line Entertainment and he was awesome.  You can see his bio on his website.  I gave him a list of songs "do not play" and a list of songs we wanted played definitely and a huge list of others we liked.. he stuck to it!  Everything was perfect!  and he is in line with your price!  Good Luck - he was awesome for us and made our day! 

Oh and he is out of Bridgewater but travels anywhere.. in my case, he went to Salem, MA.