Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

I am looking for a DJ for my wedding at the Boston Harbor Hotel in October.  I am looking for a low key DJ (non-cheesy, no gimmicks/games/props) who will be open to working with me to develop the playlist.  Honestly, if I could DJ the wedding myself, I would, but I realize that I need someone to keep things running smoothly.  But I do want a DJ who will be open to me giving him pretty specific instructions about what I want played (and what I DON'T want played).  Ideally I'd like to spend about $1,000.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

Hi EJL,

We're planning to use Curtis Knight Entertainment.  They have TONS of DJs and I have heard great things about them in general.  For 4 hrs they are $900, 5 hrs is $1000.  We met with Mark Cherone and while they do offer the cheesy games and stuff, they will do whatever you want. So if you say no games and give them a specific play list, they will do it!

Good luck!

Note: they have been very responsive, but the owner, Curtis, is kind of funny and his emails are all multicolored.  Don't let that scare you off!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Re: DJ Recommendation for Boston Wedding

You sound like me... I wanted non cheesy, no games, no stupid dances, just a cool guy that was fun.  I hired Tim Kane from Blue Line Entertainment and he was awesome.  You can see his bio on his website.  I gave him a list of songs "do not play" and a list of songs we wanted played definitely and a huge list of others we liked.. he stuck to it!  Everything was perfect!  and he is in line with your price!  Good Luck - he was awesome for us and made our day! 

Oh and he is out of Bridgewater but travels anywhere.. in my case, he went to Salem, MA.

Sections
Shortcuts