DJ rude?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

DJ rude?

Hi all.  I just called my dj to discuss some details (all our music choices) for our wedding, which is next weekend.  He asked me if I received the form to fill out.  I said, "no".  He told me he would re-send it to me, have me fill it out, and send it back.  Being that it's already Wednesday, there is no time to do this, and I told him this over the phone.  I asked to meet with him, and he said, "If it's necessary, we can meet, but I don't think that we need to". 

I'm very confused, and it's off-putting.  I felt that he pushed me off the phone.  Our music choices are very specific, and I'm wondering why he didn't contact me if they hadn't received the form from us.  I had NO idea there was a form! 

I already talked to him on the phone, he pushed me off the phone, and I'm really upset now.  My fiance is going to call to get the details from him. 

I don't even know how to proceed.  This is all very upsetting, and I really thought this process would be the smooth one.  What do I do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Re: DJ rude?

If your choices are specific, fill in the form.  In the time it took you to complain about it, you could have completed the form and gotten it back to him.

No, I'm not being harsh, just realistic.  He runs a business and has asked your to let him know what you want.  You refused.  You are making a small problem into a big one.

If you want what you want - do what he asked.  You'll be happier once it's done.

Just go with the flow with him and you'll be fine.  Only a couple days - have a wonderful day and a terrific and long and happy marriage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

take a deep breath first.
    Appreciate your frustration at this point in time.
    I would take the time and fill out the form to ensure everything you want or don't want is played. 
    Can't answer why he didn't contact you but don't let it get to you.
    Brush it off or it will drive you crazy.
    Enjoy the last week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The way everything is going to work out, we will not have time to receive the form in the mail, and get it back to him in time. 

As a side note, I know this business.  I am an event coordinator, so I know about deadlines, time-tables, forms, etc.  When someone needs to get something to me, I don't wait for them to contact me.  If it needs to be completed, I call and make sure they are aware.  That is my business, this is his.  If there was something missing in his file for us, then he should've made a call and asked us about it.  Otherwise, no one would be the wiser.  I didn't know there was a form.  No form was ever received to us in the mail.  And, when I asked that he e-mail it, as it will be quicker, he said "no".  No offense, this isn't how someone runs their business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

sorry was thinking he would email it to you.
    That is not right and agree.
    But again try to take a deep breath.
    Maybe you can take a few minutes and document what you want and don't want.  I know not ideal at all but may put your mind at ease.
    As far as the introductions does the facility your are having your reception at have a form they can email you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

A form via snail-mail?
    Will he also be using an 8-track?

This guy needs to email you this form, or allow you to email him your do and do not playlists, intros., etc. It's waaaay too close to the wire to be messing with the USPS.

Also, I think he probably should have let you know beforehand to be expecting a form in the mail. That way, when you didn't receive it you would have had a chance to nip this thing in the bud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Yeah, sorry I didn't mention it in the first post.  But, I did ask him to send it to me via e-mail, and he said "no", and that he would send it to me via snail mail.  Yep, no time for that, sir. 

The company is not responsive over e-mail, either.  So, I don't feel confident of sending him an e-mail with our bridesmaid/groomsmen, and family introductions, etc.  He doesn't know anything about the songs we want, or what our specifications are.  Honestly, I really thought this was going to be the fun part of our planning. 

We spoke with our photographer over the phone this past weekend, and she was such a delight.  I was so happy!  I felt, "Oh, this is going to be a breeze".  Okay, I understand that these people don't know or care about us, but they can care about their work and their business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

You should call him back and ask  when you get the form in the mail if you can fax it to him.  Call him when you fax it to make sure it received it.  This probably will not be until Friday.  If for some reason he won't let you fax it, tell him everything over the phone.  

My daughter received a form from her videographer when we received the contract in the mail.  The form has to be sent to him a month before the wedding.   

Don't get upset.  Relax  -- everything will be fine.  He should have sent you the form when he sent you the contract and if he didn't hear from you he should have contacted you.  But forget, don't get aggravated playing the blame game  -- just get it done.

Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

My DJ mailed us a similar form which seemed pretty standard to me, and I filled it out and faxed it to him.  Although, if I had requested to email it to him I'm sure he would have been okay with that.  If your DJ is not responsive to email, maybe that is not the way he prefers to work.  To each his own, I guess.

I didn't fill out this form and get it back to my DJ until about 4 days before my wedding - everything was fine, they did everything we asked.  If he mailed the form today, you should have it tomorrow. 

At this point, just fill it out and see if you can fax it back to him and save yourself the headache.  After the wedding, looking back this won't be worth you getting upset over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Frustrating situation, but seems normal to be finalizing music the week of the wedding.  I think I had my final phone call with the DJ on the Monday before a Saturday weekend.
    The whole snail mail thing - not normal at all!  And no one wants to deal with a rude vendor the week before her wedding!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, if you're an event planner, when did you expect you were going to send him all the details and or have time to meet with him if you're so busy.

You're not getting married for 10 more days, so there should be plenty of time to get the form, fill it out, and send it back to him.  Sorry, but I don't understand what you're so upset about.  Just do as he asks, no big deal. 

Really, goodness, take a deep breath or you are going to absolutely collapse before the wedding....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thanks for the opinions and advices. 

Thank you to all who have responded positively or constructively. 

I am leaving these boards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Goodness, if you decide to get upset with me, think about getting upset with the other gals who were honest with you as well. Because you tend to single me out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Is that really a reason to leave the boards?  You asked a question, and in my opinion everyone responded with constructive criticism.

Your posts over at least the last 6 weeks just seem like you are getting yourself really worked up and stressing over things more than you should.  All anyone is trying to point out is that you seem like you are going to give yourself a panic attack.  The ladies on here have told countless brides before you that they are blowing things out of proportion and to calm down, yet when we say this to you, you threaten to leave the boards?   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Coming back to clarify:  There was a post on this particular thread that was outwardly rude, mean, and offensive.  It seems that it has since been deleted. 

In any case, I don't need to be monitored of my actions or the way I'm handling things by anyone other than myself.  I simply came on here for advice on how to handle this particular situation.  Any attacks were unwarranted. 

And, yes, I am an event coordinator.  Rude for even suggesting that I'm not being truthful about that. 

I am leaving the boards because I only wanted advice.  I didn't need attacks.  Some posters come on here, and tell me what to do and how to proceed, how to move forward on this, and I take the advice, and I'm good.  Being attacked isn't something I would do to anyone else.  Never.  Treat people how you would like to be treated.  Wholeheartedly, I can't be on these boards anymore because they are becoming too attacking, rude, offensive. 

I only need and want good things in my life.  I will contact those who have given me their e-mails from my personal e-mail address. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I have to disagree with you.  I don't think anyone on here was attacking you (with the exception of the random dougas posts), I think you are just upset right now that you're not getting the responses you want. 

People are free to express their opinions on this board, even if they are about your attitude.  And the fact that several people who responded to this thread (and past threads concerning you) perceive you as blowing things out of proportion, that should tell you something.  No one was saying you are a bad person, they were just saying that you should let this stuff roll off your back and enjoy the fact that you will be married in 10 days...and none of this bs will even matter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Yay!!!!!!! We win!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

This has just become the greatest day of my life!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: DJ rude?:
    [QUOTE]The witch is gone at last!!!
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

How long do you give yourself before you're banned again?  Interesting timing calmdown...where have you been and what prompted you to show up so suddenly?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Goodness - Not sure if you're still checking the boards, but I also found it stressful that my DJ did not want to talk details with me until several days before the wedding.  I know this is a totally normal timeline for them, but it was still anxiety-producing for me.  That said, even though it was a quick process, the event was perfect - he was very professional, etc.  I don't think DJ's need more than a couple of days to get comfortable with all of the details of an event. 

I do think it's REALLY odd that he would not email you the form.  But I think the idea of faxing it back to him (along with mailing it as well) that some posters mentioned is a good one. 

Take some deep breaths and try not to let people get to you.  You know how honest people are on these boards, sometimes it can come off as offensive when really it's just someone's opinion.  Good luck!

In Response to DJ rude?:
    [QUOTE]Hi all.  I just called my dj to discuss some details (all our music choices) for our wedding, which is next weekend.  He asked me if I received the form to fill out.  I said, "no".  He told me he would re-send it to me, have me fill it out, and send it back.  Being that it's already Wednesday, there is no time to do this, and I told him this over the phone.  I asked to meet with him, and he said, "If it's necessary, we can meet, but I don't think that we need to".  I'm very confused, and it's off-putting.  I felt that he pushed me off the phone.  Our music choices are very specific, and I'm wondering why he didn't contact me if they hadn't received the form from us.  I had NO idea there was a form!  I already talked to him on the phone, he pushed me off the phone, and I'm really upset now.  My fiance is going to call to get the details from him.  I don't even know how to proceed.  This is all very upsetting, and I really thought this process would be the smooth one.  What do I do?
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

(deleted by cosmogirl)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]The witch is gone at last!!!
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

I think you should move over to the personal (bedroom talk) post.  I have a feeling you'd be the perfect person to give advice to the OP based on your own personal experience.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

While I might not agree with the tone of some of the comments (cosmo was, at best, condescending), I agree with dkb that none of them (that I can see) were meant to be offensive or belittle you in any way.
    I know you're stressed out right now, and I know that it's frustrating when people say "calm down" (not the poster, the actual phrase) or "don't worry" and it's maddening because it's really hard at this point to not worry about those things and get upset.

However, do not assume that people are just trying to shut you up or that they're trying to say you have no valid reasons to worry.
    You're entitled to your feelings, your feelings are valid. No one is telling you that the way you feel is wrong.
    What some posters are trying to tell you (I think) is that you need to realize and accept your hightened sensitivity and irritability at this moment in time (which every bride has, you are not alone) and know that it's going to cloud your reactions and judgements.

That being said, I think that part of recognizing your hightened sensitivity and irritability is staying away from people and situations where you might be prone to react in a way you would not if there wasn't a wedding breathing down your neck. If for you, this board is a source of unecessary stress at this time (intended by the other posters or not) then leaving it for the time being is a good idea.

If you do decide to stay away permanantly I'll be sad not to read your vendor reviews and hear about your wedding, but it's your choice to make. It was very nice chatting with you and I wish you all luck and happiness for your wedding adn your marriage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : I think you should move over to the personal (bedroom talk) post.  I have a feeling you'd be the perfect person to give advice to the OP based on your own personal experience.
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

LOL! Specifically his experience on the receiving end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I think he's got a seriously warped perspective on who the rest of us would like to see leave these boards.
    His obsession with Goodness is disturbing and pathetic.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : I think you should move over to the personal (bedroom talk) post.  I have a feeling you'd be the perfect person to give advice to the OP based on your own personal experience.
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]