DJ rude?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Re: DJ rude?

Gee, I wish her well too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I don't know about goodness, but I sure feel better being nice instead of a mean girl.

(humming kumbayah as I leave for lunch...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: DJ rude?:
    [QUOTE]It's no problem. It's a common misconception that everything about an event is set in stone weeks in advacne. It's just not practical to do so. If you try to get everything done way in advance, you end up just having to make a million changes in the last few days, which is much more stressful because you're doing everything twice. Pretty much the only things you need to know in advance is the who, what, when, and where, everything else waits until a week or two beforehand. Weddings are a totally different animal than any other planned event. I still haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I lean towards bad. I coordinate events with 200 guests all the time and it's far less stressful than planning a wedding of the same size. In Response to Re: DJ rude? :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

That's absolutely true.  I know it can vary from industry to industry, but in my line of work everything involved in our events is subject to change at any time and the industry is very unforgiving if you screww up.  Even though wedding planning is a completely different business, I feel my job really prepared me to plan my wedding.  Just the organization skills and working well under pressure contributed to keeping me sane during my planning (not to mention already having relationships with certain vendors). 

That being said, as crazy as my job can be, I like it much better than planning a wedding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Oh no, now I miss her. I knew I would hit this phase.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I have never suffered from depression, but was diagnosed with anxiety. I have been on Zoloft for three years now and it is a miracle drug. I used to get very anxious about things, but have learned to calm down, take a step back , and just relax. I also think the drugs help....a lot. I will cut her some slack.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

I knew you would, Liz.   Things just got out of hand yesterday.  We all forget our own shortcomings and times we've needed grace and help ourselves sometimes.

I hope she checks back.

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Is goodness having an Indian wedding?  I had no idea!  I'd love to pick her brain as I start planning mine!  Having Indian parents, i can sympathize even more for some of the issues she's dealing with.

Good luck Goodness!  I hope you come back after the wedding so I can benefit from your experiences!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

I propose we accept her back but only if she apologizes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I know, that's why I was really looking forward to her reviews! We need some variety in the vendors suggestions.

[QUOTE]Is goodness having an Indian wedding?  I had no idea!  I'd love to pick her brain as I start planning mine!  Having Indian parents, i can sympathize even more for some of the issues she's dealing with. Good luck Goodness!  I hope you come back after the wedding so I can benefit from your experiences!
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You know better than anyone that we have no say about who can cannot post here, hence your presence.

[QUOTE]I propose we accept her back but only if she apologizes.
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

um, Goodness is Greek, so unless her FI is Indian, I don't where you are getting all this Indian stuff from...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Yeeeeah I don't remember any mention of an Indian wedding, but she has kept many details private so I could be wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm just confused then. I thought I remembered her mentioning vaguely that her wedding involved a specific culture. I couldn't remember which one, so when Pingo said Indian I thought perhaps she was right. It's hard to keep everyone straight on here sometimes. But she is having a traditional greek wedding, right? For some reason I thought she mentioned something at one point about needing something special from a vendor. I might be thinking of someone else, though...

[QUOTE]um, Goodness is Greek, so unless her FI is Indian, I don't where you are getting all this Indian stuff from...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets everyone's date and details mixed up around here!

I'm a visual person, and when people change their avatars I lose some vital recall ability about who they are.  There are folks that change them all the time, too.  That's their choice, of course, but that's a side effect for me, anyway.

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm just bad with remembering little things about people. I forget people's birthdays, foods they hate, etc. all the time. If I'm cooking dinner for someone I have to ask something like  "Are you the one who doesn't like asparagus?"
    If I'm in a crowd and lose sight of the person I'm with, I have to think really really hard to remember what they were wearing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

She told me she was Greek once. She mentioned her large Greek family, and I actually think I remember her mentioning something about wanting Greek music at the reception. It's ok, it's easy to get mixed up on these boards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wow, I miss all of the interesting stuff on busy work days. 

Did Goodness vacate the boards?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets everyone's date and details mixed up around here! I'm a visual person, and when people change their avatars I lose some vital recall ability about who they are.  There are folks that change them all the time, too.  That's their choice, of course, but that's a side effect for me, anyway. ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Kar, what was your avatar before your wedding? I think I would be utterly confused if you ever changed yours!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : Kar, what was your avatar before your wedding? I think I would be utterly confused if you ever changed yours!

Hey, Liz,

Before my wedding the boards hadn't been updated to allow avatars.  I chose my bridal bouquet the week the feature became available after experimenting with a couple of other photos. 

Don't worry, I'll keep it.  I should have gotten the real thing preserved and I like looking at the photo.  Oh, well.  I have a few roses that dried OK in a cut glass dish on our dresser that also has shells that DH and I picked up in Aruba. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am sorry if I got everyone confused. But I thought she once said "if we are having a traditional Indian wedding." Of course I could be totally wrong. If I am, I apologize. But then again the groom could be Indian. And if she has to deal with Indian in-laws, well then good luck. They can be very demanding (observation from many Indian weddings, I have attended).

[QUOTE]She told me she was Greek once. She mentioned her large Greek family, and I actually think I remember her mentioning something about wanting Greek music at the reception. It's ok, it's easy to get mixed up on these boards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]I am sorry if I got everyone confused. But I thought she once said "if we are having a traditional Indian wedding." Of course I could be totally wrong. If I am, I apologize. But then again the groom could be Indian. And if she has to deal with Indian in-laws, well then good luck. They can be very demanding (observation from many Indian weddings, I have attended). In Response to Re: DJ rude? :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

She never mentioned a specific culture, just having a "traditonal cultural wedding" of her heritage. I think you're mixing her up with trex, who's having the Indian wedding.

I think I need to make a flow chart of everyone's dates and plans. There was a confusing, fleeting moment a while ago when I thought Whatawag and sarabth were the same person.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

harkens back to the olden days when I kept my excel spreadsheet of every bride, where, and when, and then we all wished them well every Thursday!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : You have a good memory.  I am Greek.  We had a traditional wedding (Greek Orthodox) in my church.  Then, we had Greek music at our reception.  It was a blast. I forget which post it was that I mentioned it on... that I was Greek.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Goodness!  You came back!  How was the wedding?  I hope you had a fabulous day.  Email me sometime!  kmt8809 at yahoo.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : Goodness!  You came back!  How was the wedding?  I hope you had a fabulous day.  Email me sometime!  kmt8809 at yahoo.com
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

The wedding was amazing, thank you so much for asking.  It was such a great day.

Can you check your Yahoo at work?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

congrats Goodness! I was thinking of you yesterday as a friend told us they'd set their date for Columbus Day weekend next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ rude? : The wedding was amazing, thank you so much for asking.  It was such a great day.   Can you check your Yahoo at work?
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Oh good!  I'm so happy to hear that.  You must be so relieved that it's over at the same time though...I know I was!

Yes, I can get my yahoo at work!  I'm leaving in about a half hour, but I'll check it again when I get home too.

Sections
Shortcuts