Fake Wedding Cake Vendor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Fake Wedding Cake Vendor

There are people who don't like or eat cake, but wouldn't even they expect that the big, beautiful tiered wedding cake would be served?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Are there any recommendations on vendors for a small cake then?  We have about 150 guests, but may not serve the cake at all.  I wouldn't like to go over $300, but can spend up to $500.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you had a smaller cake, that could work nicely.  You could do your cutting with it and then put pieces on the sundae bar that people who are thinking, "YAY, cake!" can take and others can skip.  I'm sure you'd have enough for those who are hoping for cake since there are many people (weirdos! Wink) who'd be way more interested in the ice cream.

I bet if you explained this plan to any wedding cake vendor they'd provide you a nice looking wedding cake that would yield 40 - 50 servings, and that probably wouldn't be that expensive wherever you went.

P.S.  I think a buttercream frosted "average" wedding cake that would serve 50 people (with 2 tiers) would be about $4.00/pp putting you at $200.  You could even go up to 100 people and be over your ideal but under your cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Hmm... so, the more I think about this, do you guys think I could get paid lots of money to make cakes, then show up with a Costco cake?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe "Fake Cake Vendor" would be the ideal career for me...  Cool

But, jdd, if you're going with a small cake - Costco's are supposed to be delicious and inexpensive.  You could just get a couple of sheet cakes and have the venue cut them up for you (or, your mother, a friend, random guy who showed up as a date, etc...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

We got a Costco cake for a bridal shower to feed 50 guests and seriously, it cost $20.  It was delicious too!  You get to pick the center filling, I think we went with cheesecake.  YUM!  Best deal ever!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

But, if I understand jdd correctly, she has no desire to serve the cake but instead only to display a very wedding-ish looking tiered cake she can do a cake cutting with.  The sheet cakes would be great if people were going to eat it, but do they have that traditional wedding cake look she wants?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

jdd - if you are going the mini cake route, Whole Foods has them and they are delicious!  I got one for DH's bday last week and I spent $18 (they are basically just big enough for 2 people).  You can have one custom made.  Their sheet cakes run from 44.99-149.99 so I am sure you can have a mini cake made well within your budget.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

dkb, that's the only cake I'd look at and NOT expect some to be served to me!  Those are really pretty!  I've had other desserts from the WF case, and they've all been wonderful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

JD, the vendor I suggested above will definitely be in your budget! Mine is going to be about 325.00. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Kar - same here!  I am currently hooked on their mini cannoli's.

Sections
Shortcuts