Florists on a budget

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from girleee1287. Show girleee1287's posts

Florists on a budget

Does anyone have any recomendations for good florists on a budget?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chels51. Show chels51's posts

Re: Florists on a budget

I'm also in need of a florist, so recommendations would be great.  

I've read on here that Lyndsey Loring Design is pretty reasonably priced, but she's based in Dover, NH.  (it's too far from my venue.)  Maybe she'd work out for you.   

http://www.lyndseyloringdesign.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I'm using Events in Bloom.

http://www.eventsinbloomofboston.com/default.html

good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreporter. Show bostonreporter's posts

In Response to Florists on a budget:
    Posted by girleee1287

Hi!
    I just got married last month and I used Marina Kole, who runs Florissima.
    She was fantastic! The total cost was $1,300 for 12 centerpieces, flowers for the ceremony, the cake, boutiennieres and flowers for me and my maid of honor. I did not use bouquets, just a single flower. That is definitely one way to save money.

I don't know what your budget is but she was very amenable to budget issues. I ended up spending more than I planned (I had initially budgeted $1000) but she was worth every penny. Not only were the flowers fresh and beautiful, but her design was really sharp, modern and totally in keeping with the spirit of the place and the wedding. She's an artist.

Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreporter. Show bostonreporter's posts

Here's her website if you want to check it out:

http://www.iflorissima.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

I'm not sure if she's in your budget but I think Jen at a Tangled Web is very reasonable and willing to work in a budget.  For my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, some bouts, corsages, pew bows, and centerpieces, the estimate was under $2k.  I really like her work, though won't actually see my flowers until exactly 2 months from today!   Eeek!

Here's the website:

http://www.the-tangled-web.net/index2.php?v=v1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

In Response to Florists on a budget:
    Posted by girleee1287

We used Gregory's (owner and florist is Gregory something or other) in Wakefield.  I don't know what budget you have in mind.  I found him expensive but I was HORRIFIED at the thought of spending $2000 on flowers....  ended up having my aunt do the centerpieces on the tables and he did the bouquets, boutonnierres, and 2 church flowers.  But when my aunt did the centerpieces we didn't save much money because she had to get flowers at a non-wholesale price because she's not a pro.  (although they were beautiful, simply beautiful - more than one guest asked which florist did the flowers they wanted to go there!) but she's an incredibly talented person who "does" flowers on the side for fun.  (me, I garden but I cannot get flowers to look pretty in a vase!)

Warning:  he is very opinionated.  He has strong views.  But you know what?  The bouquets were so gorgeous I nearly swooned when they were delivered (and I don't swoon easily!)

Gregory's781-246-1230

329 Vernon St Wakefield, MA 01880

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm not sure where your venues are but I'm using Designer's Touch in Dennis.  They were able to work with my budget, under $600 for my bouquet, 10 bridesmaids bouquets, 2 flower girl poms and 4 boutonnieres.

I would say that the most important thing that I learned when looking for florists is tell them a budget that you're comfortable with and see what they can do for you.  Also, I'm only using one type of flower in my bouquets and no filler to cut down on cost (white mini calla lilies for me and hot pink roses for my bridesmaids).

For ceremony flowers I am hoping to split the cost with the bride who has the wedding after mine.  The church requires us to leave the flowers behind as a "donation" so I might as well get a deal on them!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Wow, I am really appreciating my florist.  I spent $900 ($896 to be exact) and I had:

5 bouquets, plus a throw away
    1 flower girl bouquet
    4 mother/grandmother mini bouquets
    9 boutonniere's
    10 tall centerpieces
    flowers for the buffet table

My bouquet

BM Bouquets

mom/gram bouquet

Centerpiece

My florist was Sandra Tannozini from Flowers A' Bloom (sandraft at aol dot com).  I also have her number that I can private message you with if you are interested (it's her cell, so I don't want to post it here).  She has a word-of-mouth business so she doesn't have a website, but she has a massive portfolio.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

In Response to Re: Florists on a budget:
    Wow, I am really appreciating my florist.  I spent $900 ($896 to be exact) and I had: 5 bouquets, plus a throw away 1 flower girl bouquet 4 mother/grandmother mini bouquets 9 boutonniere's 10 tall centerpieces flowers for the buffet table My bouquet BM Bouquets mom/gram bouquet Centerpiece My florist was Sandra Tannozini (sandraft at aol dot com).  I also have her number that I can private message you with if you are interested (it's her cell, so I don't want to post it here).  She has a word-of-mouth business so she doesn't have a website, but she has a massive portfolio.
    Posted by dkb6248

Beautiful flowers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

dkb- love the bridsmaid bouquets. so much texture!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

dkb- love the bridsmaid bouquets. so much texture!
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Thanks ladies!  They actually look really nice dried out too.  My bouquet didn't come out that well since it was white.  I was sad that I only got to enjoy it for one day.  I almost took it on the honeymoon :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

that's what pictures are for, to keep the flowers fresh foever!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Wow, DKB, that's a great price for beautiful flowers!  I definitely want her number!  I added you as a friend!  I think we are friends on FB too, so I'll email you there since that is actually private.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

dkb, love the ivory flowers!  We did the same thing (as you can see by my avatar!).

I've read many good things here over the last few years about Stop & Shop's florists being cheap and very nice.

The other way you can save is, maybe obviously, is have fewer flowers.  We decorated the reception with tea lights and little sugar pumpkins that held the table numbers in the stems (a la Martha Stewart).  So, the reception table decoration cost was about $150 total.  The church had one arrangement, a ring of flowers around the unity candle.  No need to go whole hog, IMO.  Our church and reception looked lovely; no one missed the flowers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

DKB those are absolutely beautiful!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I got mine at Roche Brothers and they were gorgeous.

dkb, yours are beautiful!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

My picture is my wedding bouquet by Sara Brown. She did an amazing job. My wedding is #2 on the photo gallery page. 

http://www.take-a-whiff.com/Take_A_Whiff/Welcome.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Beautiful flowers dkb!

Cosmo - do you know if Roche Bros delivers the flowers or do you have to pick them up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGirl82. Show BostonGirl82's posts

I'm not sure if she's in your budget but I think Jen at a Tangled Web is very reasonable and willing to work in a budget.  For my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, some bouts, corsages, pew bows, and centerpieces, the estimate was under $2k.  I really like her work, though won't actually see my flowers until exactly 2 months from today!   Eeek! Here's the website: http://www.the-tangled-web.net/index2.php?v=v1
    Posted by Gonzo130

I always assumed Tangle Web was really expensive but that is a estimate! She does beautiful work!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGirl82. Show BostonGirl82's posts

I am using Andrea D'Amelio-www.adfloral.com

She works out of her home in Stoneham, MA, is really sweet, professional, and willing to work with your budget. I am using her for my wedding in 10/2009

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I used Tangled Web and spent around $1800.  Flowers were important to me, but overall I tried to keep the costs down.  That covered 18 centerpieces, 6 bouquets, and several other things.

Sections
Shortcuts