Gianna's in Stoneham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Gianna's in Stoneham

I think there were some reviews in the past...check the Lifestyle archive. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle74. Show danielle74's posts

I ordered mine from them.  Their price was the cheapest of all the ones I had called, and they also gave me 10% off because ther e is some coupon on their website.  I didn't get my alterations done there though, I am using Chris O'Hare who does it out of her house.  I was just too afriad that Gianna's would charge a lot for alterations, most bridal shops do.  Very helpful, honest sales ladies though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ferrickx. Show ferrickx's posts

In Response to Re: Gianna's in Stoneham:
    [QUOTE]I ordered mine from them.  Their price was the cheapest of all the ones I had called, and they also gave me 10% off because ther e is some coupon on their website.  I didn't get my alterations done there though, I am using Chris O'Hare who does it out of her house.  I was just too afriad that Gianna's would charge a lot for alterations, most bridal shops do.  Very helpful, honest sales ladies though. 
    Posted by danielle74[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ferrickx. Show ferrickx's posts

thank you for your reply....and suggestion for Chris O'Hare...May you have a beautiful wedding day, all the best

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle74. Show danielle74's posts

In Response to Re: Gianna's in Stoneham:
    [QUOTE]thank you for your reply....and suggestion for Chris O'Hare...May you have a beautiful wedding day, all the best
    Posted by ferrickx[/QUOTE]

I am using Chris O'Hare, 2nd Fitting is Nov. 7th!!  She is such a nice woman!!

Thanks much!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sorry to be Miss Negativity, but I was not happy with Chris O'Hare's work.  She altered two wedding dresses for me and neither one turned out fabulously.  I did save around $250 by going to her... but then I had to bring them to get pressed which cost $200 anyway.

I have had great luck with Just Right Alterations on rt 28 in Reading, but they have only altered jeans, a skirt, and a bridesmaid dress.  Not sure how well they do on wedding gowns.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I was a BM on NYE 2009 and we got our dresses from Gianna's and the owner was a nasty b*tch to us. I don't know if she was just like that, or because we weren't brides. But, I was NOT pleased with the service. Everything came in on time and the dresses were beautiful, but with service like that, I wouldn't recommend that store at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhalloran01. Show lhalloran01's posts

I totally agree with lizinboston's opinion of Gianna's. The 2 ladies i dealt with were total b*tches. I went there to look for my dress. They asked me how much I wanted to spend, and I told one of the ladies that I did not want to spend over $800, and she was mocking me the entire time. Each time I saw a dress I said I liked over $800, she would be like "that's out of your price range" and laugh. After trying on about 10 dresses (with no help from her) I saw a dress I loved on the mannekin in the window. I asked the lady there if I could try it on and she said, "You have to be sure you really want to get that one because it's going to be a pain to get that off the mannekin. Plus, it's out of your price range (mockingly)" I just told them to forget it. I ended up finding my dress there, but refused to buy from them because of the service. I ended up calling Manhattan Bridals in Dedham, and they had the dress for the same price, so I bought it there. I would not recommend them to ANYONE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VWell. Show VWell's posts

I went there last year for a bridesmaid dress. They were very rude when I called to ask about a certain dress and acted like we were inconveniencing them when we showed up at the store. I would not recommend, with terrible customer service I don't know how they stay in business.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

One of my sisters got her gown there and my BMs all ordered the dresses from Giannas.  In both instances, we dealt w/ Gianna herself [or the owner, I'm assuming her name is Gianna].  She was very pleasant and helpful.  I totally recommend the shop for dresses.  We also knew exactly what we were looking for, which probably helped.

Keep in mind that you absolutely need an appointment at this shop.  Call in advance and make an appt.

I did find that their alteration schedule was completely inconvenient for anyone who did not live or work w/in a short commute from Giannas or if you worked long hours and didn't have alot of flexibility w/ your schedule.  My BMs all took their dresses for alterations elsewhere. I'm not sure if my sister got her gown altered there or not. HTH!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I had a great experience at Gianna's BUT I didn't purchase anything there so my review is incomplete.  All I can say is I stopped in to try on BM dresses without an appointment (just me and my fiance) and the two older women who were working were very pleasant and helpful. 
    I was impressed because I had stopped into Valerie's a couple weeks earlier with like 6 people and the people literally did not acknowledge us.  How do you not acknowledge 7 people??  (They had told me I didn't need an appointment so the stopping in shouldn't have been an issue.)  Needless to say I didn't give them my business.  I would have given it to Gianna's, but decided to go with a BM dress from David's Bridal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimb333. Show kimb333's posts

I would give them an FFFFFF -- I went in there and the consultant was talking to the other consultant, ignoring me and my mother and maid of honor and not helpful at all....the other consultant seemed better she was in the dressing room helping the bride and making suggestions...our consultant said pull what you like and try them on and she left and was talking about how she had to leave by a certain time to get her keys... the experience was so unpleasant I left within 20 minutes and was on the verge of tears. I checked to make sure they had sizes 12-16 dresses they said they did and i got there and everything was a size 8 or 10 except the very fancy ball gowns so i couldn't try on anything I liked and I asked the consultant for help and she said well it's just to get an idea no one fits into these sizes anyway....thanks for nothing. I would never recommend this place

Sections
Shortcuts