GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION

I HAVE A FEW APPOINTMENTS TODAY WITH INDIAN RIDGE AND GROVELAND FAIRWAYS. I AM LOOKING FOR OCTOBER 11TH ( WE MAY HAVE TO CHANGE TO THE 10TH BUT REALLY WANT TO KEEP THE 11TH CAUSE EVEERYTHING FROM FAVOR TAGS TO PLACE CARDS HAVE THE DATE) 120 PEOPLE WITH A CEREMONY LOCATIONS (WE WANTED OUTDOORS BUT CAN'T BE PICKY NOW) I CAN'T STOP MYSELF FROM CRYING. THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY MY SISTERS WORKS FOR IS CALLING ANDOVER CC PERSONALLY TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR ME. THE OUT REACH OF SUPPORT IS AMAZING AND I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT. THIS IS THE WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN 19 DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING AND I DON'T WISH THIS ON MY WORST ENEMY. MY BROTHER IN LAW WOULD SHOVE A 9 IRON UP THEIR BUTTS IF HE COULD. YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY WE ARE OUT...ITS AWEFUL. THE SUPPORT FROM MY FAMILY AND MY FIANCES FAMILY HAS BEEN AMAZING AND OUR FRIENDS...UNBELIEVABLE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION

What happened at the GCC??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

In Response to Re: GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION:
    [QUOTE]What happened at the GCC??
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]
    They filed (I believe they officially file) for bankruptcy and now a lot of brides are out of a place to have their receiption.

I heard about it on Matty and the Morning, Kendra one of the ladies that works there was married there last Friday and I think was one of the last weddings they did and she found out after the fact that her reception was almost cancelled.  It is a nightmare and I feel for all the brides and grooms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

THEY FILED BANKRUPCY AND ARE CLOSED. I'VE LOST ALL MY MONEY AND MY DREAM WEDDING. THEY CLOSED THEIR DOORS LAST NIGHT FOR GOOD (AT LEAST THATS WHAT THE NEWS SAID) I AM HEARTBROKEN AND IN SHOCK. GO TO WHDH WEBSITE...THE STORY IS ON THERE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Oh my god, I hadn't heard the story yet!!!  That's awful!!! 

Soxgirl, I hope you find a solution.  I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Let this story be a lesson learned to everyone: buy wedding insurance. You never know when something truly terrible and unexpected might happen.

Soxgirl- I'm so very sorry. I hope you are able to find a venue. May I suggest Arrowhead Acres in Uxbridge? It's no fancy country club, but it's very affordable and quite pretty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So SORRY Soxgirl!!!  I'm sure one of the other venues will save the day.  Hang on, Dear.

Blessings,
    ~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

That is so awful.  I am sorry - I hope things work out for you.  Try not to let this damper your happiness.  Best of luck to you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That is awful.  I hope you only lost your deposit.  Best wishes to you and your family as you look for a solution!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiffandtodd. Show tiffandtodd's posts

This story makes me sick- I am just so sad for the brides this is happening to.  I read they might get their money back eventually, but a fat lot of good that does now- if this happened to me, I have no idea what I would do!!  Elope?? Oh my gosh, best of luck to the brides. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

This situation is my worst nightmare.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I know, this story just made my heart sink.  It's so awful and terrible.  I feel bad for the brides having their weddings there :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmaressa. Show kmaressa's posts

i also heard about this on Matty in the Morning. I wanted to look at Georgetown but my fiancee had his high school prom there so he wasn't interested. I wanted to let you know that we are having our wedding at groveland Fairways and it is absolutely beautiful and brand new. Alicia the wedding coordinator is so helpful and the prices are reasonable- this is probably something you are considering since you've lost so much money.

i know it may not seem like any consolation now, but just remember that you will still be married to the person you love, no matter where your wedding ends up!

Best of luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]Let this story be a lesson learned to everyone: buy wedding insurance. You never know when something truly terrible and unexpected might happen. Soxgirl- I'm so very sorry. I hope you are able to find a venue. May I suggest Arrowhead Acres in Uxbridge? It's no fancy country club, but it's very affordable and quite pretty.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of wedding insurance! Do you go to a broker, or do you buy it from the vendor, sort of like you get travel insurance from your travel agent?  I feel so bad for our original poster, and the several other brides who must be affected by this fiasco.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sort of like pet Insurance, there are companies that specialize in wedding insurance. It's a good thing to get because you never know when a natural disaster, untimely death, severe illness or injury, or a foreclosure might occur and affect your wedding.
    From what I've heard, WedSafe is pretty reputable, but I'd encourage anyone to do their own researcht o make sure you're getting a good rate.
    http://www.wedsafe.com/

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION : I have never heard of wedding insurance! Do you go to a broker, or do you buy it from the vendor, sort of like you get travel insurance from your travel agent?  I feel so bad for our original poster, and the several other brides who must be affected by this fiasco.
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Soxgirl - keep us posted on how you make out.  There's lots of us here who may be able to offer suggestions if you need them.

FYI - I know the Shaw's Center in Brockton has a great area for an outdoor ceremony.  Just please don't judge them by their website pics, it's beautiful!

Good luck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

I had to change my date but we are now getting married at the Andover CC on October 10 (was supposed to be the 11th). I am so excited and it will only be better. My vendors have been wonderful at helping out and offering what they can. We lost alot of $$$...our wedding was almost all paid for. Its so sad, but finally now I can try to relax and get what I need to get done. We went to the Fairways and it was pretty but Andover was so much more convenient to where I live and with such a short time it makes it easier for meetings. I want to thank you all for your support. Never thought this would ever happen and the reason we lost so uch money was because my Future MIL was a bit excited and kept on send the GCC money. Now I have to figure out letting everyone know whats going on and when.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Soxgirl, I'm so happy that you all found an alternative venue.  I know and can only imagine the relief you feel right now.  At least, you can sit back and breathe a bit.

I am sorry that you lost out on all that money from GCC.  It's so terrible :(  Oddly enough, I almost booked there when we started planning our wedding. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Let me start by saying I am NOT doubting the OP or the bride referenced in the article (in another post, I think).

I'm just wondering what other people experienced.  Up until about 12 days before my wedding, the venue had only received my deposit, which I believe was $1,000.  I noticed that both the OP and the article mentioned losing $10,000.  Is it typical to pay so much so far in advance?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I'm not exactly sure, but doesn't the venue need to receive the final head-count and remaining balance by 14 days before the event?  I can't remember right now.  I have all my contracts filed away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

The does sound commonplace, but my final headcount (and thus my $$$) was not due until the Monday before the wedding.  Now that I think of it, my caterer was also separate so it's different, but not too different.  I still didn't mail a check to the caterer until that Monday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Hhhhmmm... makes me think that I should start checking in with my venue/vendors.  I just sent the check to my hair/make-up girl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Fram-  I did have a deposit for the date, and then about six months prior I was required to make another payment and then the remainder with the final head count it was all spelled out in the contract so I was ok with it.  And they did state that if each week I wanted to make payments that was fine as well (of course they would be happy to take my money early) so perhaps they did a similar thing.  So It isn't so unusal really. 

And I wonder if the OP is inlcuding deposits on other vendors as well, say if someone wasn't available on her new date etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Soxgirl,  Glad you have found a new venue.  The Andover CC is beautiful.  Hope things get calmer now and notifying everyone goes smoothly so you can get back to enjoying your wedding.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

Lets just say the reason we lost so much was because my Future MIL decided to keep sending $$$ when she could. We would only be out half as much as we are now if she hadn't done so. Personally I am out about $4500 but she is out way more.
    The ACC is a dream location and I feel now my wedding will be just as or even better than the GCC could have been. I didn't settle with the 1st place I saw just to get it over with, but yes I will admit I am rushing into things and probabley not getting what I can out of my vendors. I had to find a new JP on top of all this too, so now thats more $$ but in the end its going to be a wonderful day.

Sections
Shortcuts