GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION

In Response to Re: GILTED GEORGETOWN BRIDE ON A MISSION:
    [QUOTE]Lets just say the reason we lost so much was because my Future MIL decided to keep sending $$$ when she could. We would only be out half as much as we are now if she hadn't done so. Personally I am out about $4500 but she is out way more. The ACC is a dream location and I feel now my wedding will be just as or even better than the GCC could have been. I didn't settle with the 1st place I saw just to get it over with, but yes I will admit I am rushing into things and probabley not getting what I can out of my vendors. I had to find a new JP on top of all this too, so now thats more $$ but in the end its going to be a wonderful day.
    Posted by Soxgirl44[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, that's a lot of money.  I'm so sorry about that Soxgirl!!  It's so nice that you're looking at the bright side of things, though. 

How did you handle the date/location change with your guests?  Did you call them all?  Are they all able to still come?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Fram, I had to put a 50% deposit down for my venue ($2400) and several payments throughout the year for the caterer ($1000 and then 3 $1500 payments).  The balance was due 10 days beforehand when my final numbers were in. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

I always joked before that all i wanted to do was just send an Evite as my wedding invitation instead of actual invites to save $$$ (yes i sent out actual invites and they weren't that much) so thats what I did this time...sent an evite to the friends i had e-mail addresses for which was almost everyone on my side and our friends. I've actually gotten a great reponse to it so far today with 24 yes and i even sent it to those that said no before. My vendors that I had in the package are still working with me and are great. My only problem was finding a new JP and the ACC reccomended someone and they were available...double what I was paying the other person but still reasonable ($200 instead of $100) I can always cancel that and see about having someone do it for the day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from motbx3. Show motbx3's posts

For my first daughter's wedding, we had to put a deposit of $1,500 down.. then the final payment 2weeks before. For 2nd daughter's wedding, we had to put $2,000 down.. then $5,000 at the 9 month mark, another $5,000 at the 6 month mark, with the balance due 2 weeks before.  Now onto daughter # 3. $1,500 down, $10,000 6 months before  balance  2 weeks before.  So, if God forbid, something had happened 1 week to 10 days before any of the weddings... we would have been out a HUGE chunk of change!