Hair and make-up in Southern New Hampshire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayinNH. Show MayinNH's posts

Hair and make-up in Southern New Hampshire

I am helping my future DIL plan their June 4th wedding.
    It is at a Southern New Hampshire venue. The ceremony is onsite and scheduled to begin at 11:00am with cocktail hour and reception to follow.
    Here's our potential problem. I hope someone here can offer some great tips or advice.
    We are looking to have the bride's hair and makeup done the morning of the wedding. I, mother of the groom, will definately be having my makeup done and possibly hair as well depending on time constraints.
    We will not be allowed access to the bridal suite at the venue until 10:00am which does not leave much time for anything but getting the bride dressed wihtout being stressed!
    We are looking for a hair stylist and makeup artist in the Hampstead/Salem, NH area. Problem is most don't open until 9:00 am on Saturdays which is kind of late for us to arrive at the venueby 10:00am.
    I would be open to getting a hotel room the night before and having hair and make-up travel to us on Saturday morning. Hopefully, if we choose to do this, they will arrive as early as 8:00 am which would leave plenty of time to get to the nearby venue by 10:00am (I think)
    Obviously, from my post, I am struggling with this plan. I just want everyting to go as smoothly and stress-free as possible that morning and I see this hair and make-up thing as a potential issue. But, then again, maybe I just need more information on how to proceed.
    Thanks,
    MOG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Hair and make-up in Southern New Hampshire

Hi. Maybe I can help you out a little. Any makeup artist that is a true professional will be able to accomidate you at any hour needed. I myself have arrived at weddings as early as 4:30am!  Wiht this being said, getting a spot to have hair & makeup done...a hotel room would be great. You need to allow your hair and makeup people to have 20 to 30 minutes on each person.  While the hair stylist is working on one person the makeup person could be working on the other.  I would contact a friend of mine named Brigid Cermak of Mkaeup By Brigid. She is wonderful and I know that going to Southern New Hampshire issomething that she does.  She also works with a great hairstylist named Tracey, and I am sure that they would be traveling together if neccessary.  Her website and contact info is on her site at www.makeupbybrigid.com Please consider contacting her, she is wonderful and will work with you easily.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I would think a salon would "open" an hour or two early for a wedding party and for a price, of course.  Did you assume by their posted hours that they wouldn't, or have you called to find out?

(Dani, long time no see; hope you are well.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Hi Kargiver
    Yes! I am well. I know that I have not checked in with my usual 2 cents lately, but I have been sooo booked between weddings, retail and stuff with my kids. I am now just wrapping up my final round of weddings and once they are done, I am putting my makeup box up on Craigslist for sale after the first of the year.  I am still working in the department stores traveling around everywhere doing special events, as I will never give that up, but I can finally see the "light at the end of the tunnel" as far as the wedding makeup goes.  After the stressful Christmas retail season passes, hubby and I are taking a vacation...not sure where yet, but we are in dire need of one! It's been too long. I will probably be doing a shout out for all of you on here for vacation recs, but right now, I am just trying to take one day at a time.  Thanks for asking for me. I hope all is well with you and your DH too! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, Dani - so glad your business has been so successful!

Things are great here, too.  DH and I are celebrating our second anniversary Tuesday! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayinNH. Show MayinNH's posts

Thanks Danifor your thoughtful and informative reply. I will certainly check out the website and call as you have suggested. It is very difficult to choose a stylist and make-up aritist because i am not from the area. I have found a couple of other places in the area since I posted but have not found any/many reviews on any of them.
    Karegiver, I did not "assume" these establishments did not or would not open earlier for a bridal party. I was just thinking out loud via the post with the hope a helpful bride would have some information regarding how they handled a similar situation. Thanks for your post.
    In Response to Re: Hair and make-up in Southern New Hampshire:
    Hi. Maybe I can help you out a little. Any makeup artist that is a true professional will be able to accomidate you at any hour needed. I myself have arrived at weddings as early as 4:30am!  Wiht this being said, getting a spot to have hair & makeup done...a hotel room would be great. You need to allow your hair and makeup people to have 20 to 30 minutes on each person.  While the hair stylist is working on one person the makeup person could be working on the other.  I would contact a friend of mine named Brigid Cermak of Mkaeup By Brigid. She is wonderful and I know that going to Southern New Hampshire issomething that she does.  She also works with a great hairstylist named Tracey, and I am sure that they would be traveling together if neccessary.  Her website and contact info is on her site at www.makeupbybrigid.com Please consider contacting her, she is wonderful and will work with you easily.
    Posted by Dani273

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Hi MayinNH
    Youre welcome! If you want to find good reveiws that are honest from former brides, you may want to check out a site called www.weddingwire.com as people post their experiences with their vendors right next to the vendor listings themselves. I myself have had a lot of brides come to me just because of the beautiful reveiws I recieved on that site.  Makeup By Brigid has some really nice reviews and you may also find another makeup artist or 2 by looking on there.  Personally, as a makeup artist myself of 20 plus years, I can solidly reccomend her. She is awesome, but there is also Andrea Ducharme, based right out of New Hampshire and she is one of the founders of the group called "The Makeup Artists". She is another good friend of mine, and she actually got a special award from Boston Magazine as one of the "best of Boston". I didn't recomend her earlier though because I do not know if she works with a hairstylist, like Brigid does.  Brigid raves about her hair stylist, so I figured that she was your best bet in finding 2 great vendors.  Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I assume you were offended since you felt the need to let me know how unhelpful my post was, but rest assured, I didn't mean any offense by suggesting that maybe you assumed posted hours were set in stone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MayinNH. Show MayinNH's posts

Thanks Dani273, I did have the opportunity to speak with Brigid on Friday evening. She gave me some good information about what she has to offer and seems someone who would be really easy to work with. I have discovered the weddingwire.com  I do like the idea of the reviews by past brides. It is very helpful when considering a particular vendor. I have contacted Caitlin Murphy as well. Caitin does both hair and makeup. She received numerous positive reviews on the weddingwire.com. I will check out Andrea Durcharme, does she still work with The Makeup Artists? Thanks again for all your suggestions. 
    In Response to Re: Hair and make-up in Southern New Hampshire:
    Hi MayinNH Youre welcome! If you want to find good reveiws that are honest from former brides, you may want to check out a site called www.weddingwire.com as people post their experiences with their vendors right next to the vendor listings themselves. I myself have had a lot of brides come to me just because of the beautiful reveiws I recieved on that site.  Makeup By Brigid has some really nice reviews and you may also find another makeup artist or 2 by looking on there.  Personally, as a makeup artist myself of 20 plus years, I can solidly reccomend her. She is awesome, but there is also Andrea Ducharme, based right out of New Hampshire and she is one of the founders of the group called "The Makeup Artists". She is another good friend of mine, and she actually got a special award from Boston Magazine as one of the "best of Boston". I didn't recomend her earlier though because I do not know if she works with a hairstylist, like Brigid does.  Brigid raves about her hair stylist, so I figured that she was your best bet in finding 2 great vendors.  Good luck!
    Posted by Dani273

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Hi May
    Yes, Andrea still works at The Makeup Artists.  She is one of the partners. I have not seen Caitlin Murphy's work, but I do know that she gets rave reviews, so I am glad that you are doing your homework.  Just one word of advice for you regarding people that do hair and makeup......it is wonderful that a person can do multiple things as a wedding vendor. However, please know that if, and only if, you have a larger wedding party, sometimes it is better to hire one person for hair and then another to do makeup, as it is a big time saver.  As one person is doing hair, the other can be doing makeup on someone else. That way, everyone gets done in good time and there is not too much waiting.  If interested in Caitlin or anyone else that does both hair and makeup, as them if they have assistants that will be there to help out and pick up the slack.  I am sure  that you will be fine in your quest, just remember to plan everything in enough time so you are not rushing around last minute trying to get ready.

Sections
Shortcuts