Hair and Make Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Hair and Make Up

The make up post got me thinking that I really need to book appointments for hair and make up.  I figured it made more sense to start a second post than hijack the last one. 

I looked into my usual salon and it is about $130 each for the bridesmaids to have their hair and make up done.  Hair is $70 and up and make up is $60 and up.   I'm not "making" them get those things done but they all said they want to.  That seems really expensive.  Does that sound right to you guys?  That salon is in the suburbs but I'm getting married in Boston (Back Bay).  I assume anyplace in Boston would be as expensive, if not more, but does anyone have any recommendations in Boston that are reasonable?  I'm also open to hiring someone to travel to Boston to do our hair and based on all the recommendations am going to look into Brea for make up. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Hair and Make Up

Hey Gonzo
    Try Brigid C. at www.makeupbybrigid.com or Kendra Yannone : kyannone5 (at) aim.com, as both are really good and are very reasonable for makeup artistry. For hair try Jen Guerriro at www.pictureperfecthairbyjennifer.com
    Jen is one of the best around and her pricing can't be beat. All 3 of these people will travel to you and I have personally seen them at work and used these people myself. Brea is very popular, and quite good I might add, but she is not the only makeup artist out there. There are a lot of talented people that are never even mentioned on this board. Also, try looking on weddingwire.com because you can look up vendors there that have revwiews written by actual brides so you get a mix of good and bad revwies but they all seem pretty honest. That's how we found alot of great vendors for my sister's wedding 2 years ago. Good luck!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Danielle Ross is also quite talented.  her website is www.daniellerossmakeupartistry.com :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Thanks, I will look into those.  I also was told to look at Katrina Hess, who I think has gotten good reviews here and weddingtresses.com.  Anyone know anything about weddingtresses?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

I just had my hair and make-up trial last Thursday for my October wedding with Carolina of Special Day by Carolina and she was fantastic!  After a slight plumbing problem at my apartment she was able to make a last minute switch to her house without missing a beat.  She's doing hair and make-up for my whole wedding party (7 people total) on the day of and was very reasonably priced. Here's her site: http://www.specialdaybycarolina.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those prices seem reasonable to me, but that's not to say you can't find something just as good for less.

Sections
Shortcuts