Hair Help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mama05. Show Mama05's posts

Hair Help

Hi all,

I am getting married in December of this year. My hair is very important to me because I am not wearing a veil. I had my trial run for my hair recently, and it was not good at ALL. The stylist did not listen to what I wanted, and I ended up with something that looked like I stepped out of the early 90s. When I told her it wasn't exactly what I wanted, she said that she didn't know if she could do what I wanted. I would rather spend my money elsewhere. I really want to find a stylist who will listen to what I want (which is actually a VERY SIMPLE hairstyle- and not fancy or too bride-y).

If anyone had great experience with a stylist or salon around the Stoneham/Woburn area (or someone who will travel), please let me know. The only prerequisite that I have is that the prices for BM up-dos are no more than $70-75.

Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

Re: Hair Help

I used Deborah from simply blissful and she did a fantastic job.  She travels.  She'll come to your house and do everyone's hair.   Bridesmaids were in your range, but the bride is more. 

http://simplyblissful.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I had that same problem.  I ended up using someone different, and it worked out well.  My hairdresser was in Walpole, which I think is too far from you, but what advice I can give you is to do as many hair trials as you need to and don't feel funny about it!  I struggled with the fact that I had to do several, but, in the end, I got exactly what I wanted without any worry. 

Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I used Salon Vanessa Malden (about 3 or 4 miles from downtown Stoneham) for me and my bridesmaids.  Arnella and her staff did an excellent job.  If that is not too far for you I highly recommend them.  They have pictures of our hair posted on their website if you're interested.  I think my BM's paid around $65 and I paid $100.

http://www.salonvanessa.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

HI Mama,

My regular salon is Kenzo in Stoneham, MA - they are awesome!!!  All of them are but specifically I have been to both Maria and Gina and would recommend both of them. 

I'm not wearing a veil either.. getting married in January - what are you thinking for your hair.. I have several ideas and most include a headband that ties underneath.. although I also like the big flower idea.  I can't decide. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

In addition, for someone that travels for both Hair and Makeup - you could use Amanda Burgess team.  She will travel to Mass or NH.  She has about 4 stylists and 3 makeup artist that work with her pending where the wedding is.  Her email is amandaleeconnectionsatgmail.com - that's who i'm using since I want them to come to the house

Kenzo has a website too (per my earlier recommendation):  http://www.kenzosalon.com/
    You can see on Yelp their reviews are awesome! and if convenient to you, would totally recommend.  The salon is so clean, fresh, bright.. love it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mama05. Show Mama05's posts

Thank you for the help! I'll contact each one to see what the best fit is. I'm hoping I can get someone to come on-site.

VanHassle- I did get in contact with Deborah from simply blissful. Her updo's are pretty much what I am looking for.

Jan2010Bride- Ive been getting a lot of hassle for not wanting to wear a veil, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable if I did, because it isn't ME. Have you had the same experience? I actually bought a comb on Ebay that has 2 large white flowers and a little bit of birdcage netting to wear instead in my hair. I love it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Not many have said much to me.. I'm sure some may think it but not say it ya know?  but yes, it's totally not me.. and I've been saying it forever that I don't want a veil.  I want a flower or big feather or headband or something.. I'll still wear it up and different from my every day down but the veil is not me.  I don't like them and can't help it.  :-)  I haven't looked too much for hair stuff but I need to get on that soon!  My hair trial is next month so before that.  Good luck and keep me posted how it looks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Hi Mama, 
    My stylist was awesome, but she's in Nashua, NH, so maybe too far for you? She traveled on my wedding day. Her name is Rachel Aiden from the Aiden James Salon www.fourwaterstreet.com

I didn't wear a veil; a few people tried to convince me that I absolutely had to or I wouldn't be "bridal," but like you, it just isn't my style.