Hair/makeup trials

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall09bride. Show Fall09bride's posts

Hair/makeup trials

Hi Ladies,

How far in advance did you select your hair stylist and makeup artist and have your trials?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Hair/makeup trials

I did my first trial in January so about 6 months in advance. That may have been a little early, BUT, I'm glad I did b/c after I had some more time to think about it I realized that what I thought I wanted (which was exactly what she did, she did a great job and took instructions well), was actually the opposite of what I reallyl want.

So, I have trial #2 this upcoming Monday (2 1/2 months out).  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I did my hair trials way in advance, too. I wanted to make sure I had the right person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I've been having major issues with hair stuff, but I booked makeup around November (getting married July 31) and tried to get hair set up in January, but my stylist flaked on me and then wouldn't return my refund for a couple months. I went for a hair "consultation" a couple weeks ago with a different stylist (much better!) and we're doing a trial two weeks before the wedding because she said we'll know how long my hair will be and the style will be fresher in her mind on the wedding day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I am going 5 weeks before the wedding, but I have been going to that salon for about 2 years.  Unfortunately my stylist left last month!!!  Anyway, it didn't make any sense for me to go way in advance because I was growing out my hair.  A stylist never would have been able to do what I want even 3 months ago.  I'd go 2 months in advance max, unless your hair is already the right length.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

I did my first trial in January so about 6 months in advance. That may have been a little early, BUT, I'm glad I did b/c after I had some more time to think about it I realized that what I thought I wanted (which was exactly what she did, she did a great job and took instructions well), was actually the opposite of what I reallyl want. So, I have trial #2 this upcoming Monday (2 1/2 months out).  :-)
    Posted by amschnittger

I did the exact same thing - make up in January (wedding is in June) and loved the first person I went to.  Had my first hair trial a few weeks ago, didn't like the stylist, then just had my second trial this past weekend and loved it.  I like to get things done well in advance, plus I didn't want to wait until the last minute and not have has many choices - the lady who is doing my makeup is already booked through the fall.