Hair Vendors for Short Hair?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostoncathy1. Show bostoncathy1's posts

Hair Vendors for Short Hair?

Hello ladies -

I have a question about Hair vendors. I have short hair and I'm finding some of the hair prices pretty costly. Considering I have a short bob and will not be able to do an up do (Which I'm very much ok with). I will most likely have flowers on one side of my hair and I'm not even sure I'm going with a veil since doing flowers. Anyhow,  I just got a quote for $200 on wedding hair and $200 for a trial!!!! Yes, I typed that right. Anyhow, the woman looks to do a fantastic job, but that's crazy. How can I respond "tactfully" and ask if there is a short hair discount :o)

And a note to any Hair folks that read our posts - PLEASE post pics of your short hair brides. We are out there!!!!

One more comment to my story - if anyone can recommend a hair person near downtown or that will come to you (just for the bride). I am not having anyone else in my bridal party (except for my 60lb Boxer :o) - please let me know.

Thanks!
    Cathy :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Hair Vendors for Short Hair?

I had a layered bob when I got married [longest layers were chin length].  I had a French Twist. If you get someone who is talented w/ styling hair [which is different than cutting], you can def. do an updo w/ a bob. 

As for price differences, I doubt you are going to see it.  They still have to travel or spend 45 minutes doing your hair. If you are just having a blow out and a flower clipped in, maybe just go to a salon, have a shampoo and blow out the AM of and put the flower in yourself.  If they are coming to you, then you are going to pay a premium for their time and travel.  I just had my hair done. It cost $150 back in 2007 - that included travel and the hair trial.  She was great. I  can't remember her name [she was out of Framingham, but had a Boston salon; I got ready in Salem, MA], but if someone else posts it, I'm sure I will remember.  GL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I agree that if all you want is a blow out and some flowers put in, I'd go to a salon. Some blow-outs are more expensive than others. so if you can go with your current salon who you already trust, it's the safest bet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

and if you really want to wear you hair up, I have an inverted bob and sometimes when I want to wear my hair up I style it swept back like so (the volume is a little exaggerated here, you can adjust the height pretty easily):

or you can skip the height altogether and sweep it to the side: