Hammond Castle/Gloucester Recs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Hammond Castle/Gloucester Recs?

Good morning, ladies,

Friends of ours are engaged and have decided to have their wedding at Hammond Castle next summer.  Over the weekend we were talking and they mentioned they're at a loss trying to figure out all of the necessary vendors.  I'm not a North Shore girl and things change so quickly, I'm hoping that some of you who are planning or have had your weddings in that area could recommend your vendors?  I tried searching the boards and the search engine is not helpful.  Thanks in advance for any direction you can lend them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Re: Hammond Castle/Gloucester Recs?

Hey LoveToPlan,
    I got married in Essex (the next town over from Gloucester) and lived there for most of my life! I can give all sorts of recommendations. If you search the boards for my name, you may be able to find my wedding review (posted in Sept 2008) with  my vendors. What vendors are they looking for, specifically? All of them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

I think they're still looking for all of them, flowers, food, pics, etc.  I'll search on your name, thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My florist was awesome and I know of another bride on here who also used her.  She works out of her home so she doesn't have the overhead of the florists.  For example I was married over Valentine's Day weekend and wanted an all white Rose bouquet.  Florists quoted me $220 and up for this.  Jodi quoted me $140.  She lives in Reading and her name is Jody Palange Roffi and other info is
    MY PERSONAL FLORIST
    website

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Katel if you happen to see this, the search engine bites and I couldn't find your wedding review. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

In Response to Re: Hammond Castle/Gloucester Recs?:
    [QUOTE]Katel if you happen to see this, the search engine bites and I couldn't find your wedding review. 
    Posted by lovetoplan[/QUOTE]

I never posted a review, but used these boards extensively when planning my wedding in September '09. I know how hard it can be to find vendors, so I thought I'd share.

We got married at the Hellenic Center in Ipswich. Some of my vendors might be worth investigating - I was happy with them all!
    Flowers:  Flowers by Darlene/North Shore Fruit Basket out of Salem
    Cake: D'Amici's in Lynn
    Catering: Vinwood
    Photography: William Tangorra, Newburyport
    Hair: Salon 36 in Ipswich
    Make-up: Girly Junk (traveled to us)

Let me know if you have questions- happy planning!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I second D'Amici's.  My cake was from there and it was fantastic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

I just have to speak up for Will Tangorra too. He's our photographer and I could not be more blown away by his photos and I'm PICKY about photos. Will is AMAZING!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Thanks ladies!  I've been to a wedding catered by Vinwood and they were on the top of my list for them :)  I've heard good things about D'Amici's too.  I appreciate all of your help!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

I used Scott Metzger (Metzgerstudios) for my wedding photographer, and he was just wonderful! He's based out of Lexington, so that would work for Hammond Castle. I honestly can't say enough good things about him!

For flowers, I second Flowers by Darlene in Salem, and for cakes, Cakes for Occasions in Danvers and the Cupcake Cafe on Rantoul St in Beverly.

We used Party Favors in Brookline for our cake, which was wonderful and delicious, but if they're looking for a local vendor, those two are great! We had cupcakes from Cupcake Cafe for our engagement party, and the owner is really sweet (pun intended), and even makes cupcakes that look like old-school Hostess ones, but are much more delicious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I thrid Flowers by Darlene.  She also id my wedding and she has the best price around.  Another florist that is good is Evans.

For Cake we found a mom & papa bakeryjust down the street from that hall that specializes in bake goods for people with allergies.  D'Amici's was my second chose followed by Cakes for occasions.

We used Mike's limo for the limo and they were great.

My photographer, video and DJ were done by friends who are professionals looking to beef up their portfolio.

One of my recommendations is if you are not familiar with the area you might want a take a day and drive around viewing the surrounding areas.  Who's know you may find a local vendor that you can use for your wedding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Here's an article i just read that has a huge list of Cape Ann vendors attached:

www.capeannplanet.com

It's about a bridal show at the Cruiseport, but at the ened there is a list of all the vedors who participated iwth links to their wbesites. Best of luck!