Having Trouble Picking Photog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2BMrsB626. Show 2BMrsB626's posts

Having Trouble Picking Photog

I am working on selecting vendors and I am having so much trouble picking a photographer.  One option is Brett Alison who I found from other posts.  I loved her website but am concerned that she will not be directive because she seems so laidback and was the only photog that didn't try to sell herself when I met with her.  Anyone have experience working with her?  My other option was recommended by a friend and there are no online reviews of her.  She has over 20 years experience and works with an assistant but her photos seem more posed to me whereas Brett's candids really seemed to capture intimate moments.  Both are comparable in price, little over 3K.  There was also a couple out of Scituate that I liked who was recommended by another friend but they would be over 4k (no engagement session) and I just don't know if I want to spend that much.  Would appreciate any advice...thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

Re: Having Trouble Picking Photog

I don't know of Brett Alison, but I would LOVE laid back!! Maybe she didn't try to sell herself because she is that sure of herself. Go with your gut, but if you really like her work, don't second guess yourself. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Re: Having Trouble Picking Photog

I would recommend Bob Perachio from Elegant Bliss...he's doing my June 2010 wedding.  My sister had a not so hot photographer for her wedding and she ended up having Bob do a post-wedding shoot.  The pictures came out great...he did a lot of candid/artsy shots and also gave them direction which she said helped her feel more comfortable.

I looooove photography..so pictures was #1 on my list and I booked my date based on Bobs availability.  When we met him, he showed us a full book of other weddings he shot and the pictures were so creative and original. 

If you are deciding between the two...like elmirag said, go with your gut.  Regardless of who you go with - you should be able to give them direction and let them know exactly what you are looking for.  If you want more candid/intimate shots just put an extra note in the contract to keep yourself covered.  

Good Luck!! 

Sections
Shortcuts