HELP --Problem with Invitations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

We had received two proofs(which I paid for). I was insanely careful about specifically stating which proof I wanted printed for the invitations. They printed the wrong proof number---it was clearly their error. I have asked that they re-print the correct one ASAP and overnight the invitations. I also suggested that since it was clearly their error, that I should be compensated in some way...waiting to hear back from them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

you mean the proof was wrong or the whole order? My proof with Chase was wrong, but they re-did it...that was the point of getting a proof for $17. Read the small print in your invitation order agreement; maybe the answer is in there.

Good luck!

(gotta run for now so if you write to me, I won't answer for awhile)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

has anyone used jeanm for their invites? we ordered our invitations from there and they sent us the wrong layout!!! I called as so as I received them and sent an email. However I have not heard anything back other than they are researching the problem...has anyone had a similar issue, if so what did you do....really beginning to stress.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]We had received two proofs(which I paid for). I was insanely careful about specifically stating which proof I wanted printed for the invitations. They printed the wrong proof number---it was clearly their error. I have asked that they re-print the correct one ASAP and overnight the invitations. I also suggested that since it was clearly their error, that I should be compensated in some way...waiting to hear back from them.

[/Quote]

They should fix it, but, I wouldnt think they would compensate you in anyway unless it caused a delay on you sending out the invitations.

What type of compensation were you looking for?

I also would try to not get to angry with them about their mistake until you have in hand the product you want. Then, if you feel they were less than satisfactory, you can leave a negative review on the bbb and also seek your compensation through them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

If it's your error, you'll have to re-order.
    If it's the printer's error, usually they'll do it again and not charge you extra.

Do you have proof that this layout is not the one you ordered?

I made an error on my invites, and we had to re-order. MyGatsby.com was very nice and they actually gave me a little discount since I only had to re-order the invites themselves, the envelopes and RSVP cards were correct as is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

good for you! This is why it's so important to have everything on e-mail or on paper. Let us know how it turns out.

When did you want to mail your invites?

ETA: did you have the invites overnighted in the first place? if not, I think overnighting them would be sufficient compensation as long as it doesn't delay when you were planning to send them out.

[Quote]We had received two proofs(which I paid for). I was insanely careful about specifically stating which proof I wanted printed for the invitations. They printed the wrong proof number---it was clearly their error. I have asked that they re-print the correct one ASAP and overnight the invitations. I also suggested that since it was clearly their error, that I should be compensated in some way...waiting to hear back from them.[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

I received two of the three things I sent back and they were FINALLY right! Fingers crossed for the last item.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

We actually found that they had made a second spelling mistake on the reception cards. Thank goodness I printed everything I submitted out because they are now reprinting them in addition to our invitations. Needless to say this has not been a good experience.

Kargiver---I have a legal background--usually the FI teases me about how I read over every line of the contract and save & document everything. This is the one time my OCD-ness has paid off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Good to hear it's all worked out. I'm a contract-reader myself, it pays off in the long run :)

[Quote]We actually found that they had made a second spelling mistake on the reception cards. Thank goodness I printed everything I submitted out because they are now reprinting them in addition to our invitations. Needless to say this has not been a good experience.

Kargiver---I have a legal background--usually the FI teases me about how I read over every line of the contract and save & document everything. This is the one time my OCD-ness has paid off.[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You should be all set. I'd hate to have it get to this, but you have a legal case. Let's hope they want to resolve it the easy way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]We actually found that they had made a second spelling mistake on the reception cards. Thank goodness I printed everything I submitted out because they are now reprinting them in addition to our invitations. Needless to say this has not been a good experience.

Kargiver---I have a legal background--usually the FI teases me about how I read over every line of the contract and save & document everything. This is the one time my OCD-ness has paid off.[/Quote]

Maybe he'll stop teasing, now...well, then again, probably not. ;)

Sections
Shortcuts