I need a photographer!!! My first Post...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

I need a photographer!!! My first Post...

Hey everyone,

After reading all the discussions for a few weeks now, I'm going to take the leap and actually post a question...eeek!  You all give such great advice...Can't wait!

My fiance and I got engaged a little over a month ago and the stress of planning a wedding has already started.  We have found a venue that we absolutely love and we will hopefully sign the contract some time within the next few days.  Next step for us will be to find a photographer. 

I am looking for a photographer that has affordable packages that will include engagement pictures, wedding day pictures, and post wedding pictures.  We love our venue and wouldn't think of changing it, but there are no pictures that we can take outdoors the day of the wedding when we are all dressed up.  We want to take as many pictures as possible the day of wedding with our friends and family, but then we want to get all dolled up with the dress and tux again at a later date and take some outdoor pictures on our own. 

Has anyone else wanted a package like this and had a good experience?
    Does anyone trust that their current photographer would be able to accommodate a package like this?
    Do you love your photographer and would just like to share your thoughts on them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: I need a photographer!!! My first Post...

Hi jdd,

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the boards!  That's great that you've already found your venue.  Everything else usually falls into place after that.

I found my photographer through the New England School of Photography, which came recommended by the ladies on these boards!  I just sent them my information and what I was looking for in a package, and within days I had responses from dozens of photographers of varied experience and price ranges.  I picked one that was willing to do exactly what I wanted for a great price.

Hope that helps.  I'm sure you'll have plenty more responses and recommendations from the other girls soon!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

We are using Jeff Turner and absolutely love his work. He is so nice and easy to work with, very responsive to email or phone calls. The package we got did not include an engagement session, but I think they are included now. We did book an engagement session and got our proofs back last week. They are everything we had hoped for and we are so excited for the wedding photos now. And we've gotten tons of compliments on the pictures. The photo shoot that day was a lot of fun, Jeff has great ideas and got some creative shots. Even though we've only had the engagement photos, not the wedding photos yet, I would very highly recommend him. And I am sure he will do after wedding photos as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

We used Bharat Parmar for engagement and wedding photos.  He gets a lot of raves on this board.  I highly recommend him.  He is so easy to work with!  His packages are quite flexible and he could probably work something out with you.  His website is www.parmarphoto.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ation4409. Show Ation4409's posts

Check out Berryphotos.com  They have great packages and I know one of the options is a post-wedding session.  I think you can actually get that included.  Their prices are very reasonable and they've been amazing to work with.  Gorgeous pictures and very helpful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

We are using Jeff Turner and absolutely love his work. He is so nice and easy to work with, very responsive to email or phone calls. The package we got did not include an engagement session, but I think they are included now. We did book an engagement session and got our proofs back last week. They are everything we had hoped for and we are so excited for the wedding photos now. And we've gotten tons of compliments on the pictures. The photo shoot that day was a lot of fun, Jeff has great ideas and got some creative shots. Even though we've only had the engagement photos, not the wedding photos yet, I would very highly recommend him. And I am sure he will do after wedding photos as well.
    Posted by nbsbride1109

I used Jeff for my wedding and loved my pictures and thought he was fabulous to work with.  We didn't do an engagement session, we just went based on recommendations that I read here, his sample photographs and meeting with him in person.  I would definitely recommend him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

congrats... let the fun begin!!! try to enjoy as much as you can... we are loving every detail that we are planning together.... we also are using Bharat.... his work is truly great... and he's super nice!!!! his packages are alcart!!! So you really can create what you can afford!!!  Also where and when are you getting married!!!

Staci

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yay for first posts!

We're using Kevin Jacobus (kevinjacobusphoto.com) and he's awesome. You can develop a custom package with him that includes everything you want. He's done our engagement photos already and they came out awesome. Our package includes those photos, a DVD with the rights to them, 4 or 5 hours (whatever it is) of him shooting for the wedding, then those photos on a DVD with the rights to reprint.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

by the way--staci1--did you get my email?  just curious :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

I third the recommendation for Jeff Turner! Not only is he a talented and affordable photographer, he's also an absolute sweetheart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sara11. Show sara11's posts

We used Matt Flynn Photography - I highly recommend him!  (mattflynnphotography.com)   Matt did a beautiful job on my wedding photos (still get compliments!) and my wedding album is incredible.   He was also very easy to work with and very reasonable with pricing - the packages included alot - proof books, album, prints, dvd.     Good lcuk and congrats!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostoniangal2. Show bostoniangal2's posts

We're using M2 Studios for our October wedding -- we had an engagement photo shoot recently and I was thrilled with the results.  They aren't mentioned here very much so wanted to put in a plug for them. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Thank you all for all the great recommendations!!!  Keep them coming...if there are any other great photographers out there, I'd love to know about them.  I am hoping to be able to make a decision by the beginning of July.

staci1 - unfortunately, I don't want to jinx my venue by giving the name away until I have my signed contract in hand.  Hope every everyone understands :)...I'll be sure to share once everything is finalized (hopefully by the end of this weekend).  I can, however, share the date...It will be the Sunday of Labor day weekend in 2010...09/05/10.  I have plenty of time and I can't wait!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

hi there.. is the email that you we're referring to.. I'm just reading now.... no worries... by the way I'm getting married the day before!!! Yeah.... here is my personal email address if you need anything!!!stacimoskovit71athotmail.com

Best of luck...

Staci

keep us informed!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

I will second Kevin Jacobus.  He did my daughter's engagement photos and wedding.  I remember when she interviewed him he mentioned meeting a couple after a wedding to get more pictures due to bad weather.  He is a really nice guy and very calming on the day of the wedding.  People just feel very comfortable with him.  He will definitely work with you to develop a package that meets your needs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

i used John LoConte for my engagement pics and he is doing my wedding in a few months. highly recommend him as he is awesome to work and his packages are very budget friendly. ive become a big fan of his work and his quality is stunning. his website is www.johnlophoto.com and his email is up there somewhere i believe

congratulations

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Hi Jdd, I am using Keith Berry. I chose him because for $2000 he will be there for your whole day, unlimted time! He will get there at 6am if you want him to and leave at midnight. I am having him come to my parent's house where I am getting ready at around 2pm to take some pictures of me and my girls and parents, and then I am meeting my FI and his GM's somewhere in Newton near our church to do some formals before our ceremony which will be at 5:30. We literally have him until we tell him to leave the reception, all for $1995!

http://www.berryphotos.com

I love his work!

P.S. You might want to think of doing formals before the ceremony so that you can get outdoor pictures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Hopefully once I finalize my venue, I can start to look at photographers again!  Thank you so much for all of this info...there really are some great suggestions in here!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: I need a photographer!!! My first Post...:
    Hi Jdd, I am using Keith Berry. I chose him because for $2000 he will be there for your whole day, unlimted time! He will get there at 6am if you want him to and leave at midnight. I am having him come to my parent's house where I am getting ready at around 2pm to take some pictures of me and my girls and parents, and then I am meeting my FI and his GM's somewhere in Newton near our church to do some formals before our ceremony which will be at 5:30. We literally have him until we tell him to leave the reception, all for $1995! http://www.berryphotos.com I love his work! P.S. You might want to think of doing formals before the ceremony so that you can get outdoor pictures.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

We are getting pics before our ceremony.  I really really didn't want to do this, but my photographer actually talked me into it saying that many couples do this and that we will have our own revealing to each other.   If you are trying to save money this would be a better bet. We are going to the water front for pictures beforehand and will have a nicer backdrop over my venue.  Just a thought. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

Try Keith Berry first www.berryphotos.com he gets very good reviews here, if he is booked try Jeff Turner  www.jeffturnerphotography.com or Media Concepts www.photographybymediaconcepts.com  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from psrn717. Show psrn717's posts

Hi JDD,  best wishes for smooth and drama-free planning.  I loved the work my photographer did for my Nov 1 wedding, also did my sister's wedding almost ten years ago.  We had a complimentary engagment session included.  I don't know where your venue is located.  She's up in Portsmouth NH, but travels to MA.  Her website is http://www.juliarussell.com. Good luck!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mc2009. Show mc2009's posts

I second M2 studios!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from campBoston. Show campBoston's posts

There's so many great wedding photographers in the area.  Try looking their portfolios and reviews on this site:

http://www.bestbostonweddings.com/boston-wedding-photographers/1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

My photographer is Karen Snyder - http://www.karensnyderphoto.com/ . In the spirit of full disclosure, I have to tell you that she is a very close friend. However, I LOVE her photos and the way she is while she takes them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

All of these are great suggestions!!!

I'm still looking at venues and can't fully concentrate on photographers, but I love spending time looking at their websites while at work ('cause I don't have anything else better to do)

Thank you all for the info!!!

Sections
Shortcuts