Makeup Artist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Makeup Artist

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a makeup artist in the Boston area. How much does this typically cost? I received one quote for $875 including bridal makeup and 4 attendants...I almost fell off my chair. Is this unreasonable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Makeup Artist

Ummm......YES!!! Was that before quoting you a travel fee or was that included? I almost fell off my chair too after reading your post. Definately look around, there are plenty of makeup artists out there. Most typical makeup artists will be anywhere between $75 to $150.00 for the bride and then lesser for the mothers and atttendants. Try  makeup artists that are NOT located in Boston, as they are more nicely priced. Just key in Makeup Artist, Massachusetts or Bridal Makeup Artist, and then your area. I am sure that a nice variety will pop up. Good luck Bianca!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bianca01. Show bianca01's posts

Yes, the $875 did include travel fee. If I booked before the end of February I could get a discount on the package...but it would still be high at $700. The breakdown was $200 for bride and $125 for attendants (minimum of 4).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

In Response to Re: Makeup Artist:
    Yes, the $875 did include travel fee. If I booked before the end of February I could get a discount on the package...but it would still be high at $700. The breakdown was $200 for bride and $125 for attendants (minimum of 4).
    Posted by bianca01

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Sorry about the above post --- mistake.  Try Makeup by Brea. She is in Somerville.  She is minimum $300.00.  $75.00 for bride, $50.00 for attendants/bridal party.  She has great reviews and she has been very quick getting back to me through email for my daughter's wedding.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I thought Makeup by Brigid's prices were good but haven't used her myself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I would highly recommend Makeup by Brea (makeupbybrea.com) or Tara (tadayourself.com).  They are both talented, professional makeup artists who use excellent products, and rates should be less than what you quoted.  I have had the pleasure of working with each of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nantucket4life. Show nantucket4life's posts

Paula Johnson has come highly recommended (not here but on another board) her number is 781-595-3902 and i don't think she has a website

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WingaerChic. Show WingaerChic's posts

Tia Maria is amazing!!! I believe she charges $80 for the bride and 50-60 for bridesmaids. But I would have paid $100 for her! www.tiamaria.com.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

That's really expensive!  I paid $450 for me, MOH, my mom, and my aunt and I used a high end make-up artist who traveled!  I used Jennie Fresa, but she's out of CT.

Lynne Avallone did DH's cousin's wedding make-up and everyone looked great.  I have no idea what she charges, but worth looking into. 

http://www.lynneavallone.com/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hydrangea7. Show Hydrangea7's posts

i agree, very expensive.
     I used Dre at Luminous in Wayland MA. She travels and did an amazing job.
     508-653-4968

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SelkieKel. Show SelkieKel's posts

If your wedding is this year, I'd recommend Danielle Ross www.daniellerossmakeupartistry.com. She was very reasonably priced (I believe it was $75/person) and she carried good quality, high-end makeup (Jane Iredayle, Smashbox, and Dior) that not only lasted 12+ hours but worked for my MOH, who has incredibly sensitive skin. 

She's based on the South Shore, but her travel fee is pretty minimal if your venue is much beyond that.

However, she recently announced that she's shutting down her business at the end of this year.  Please ignore if your wedding is in 2011 or beyond. Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

katrina hess in boston, she is excellent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tshididan. Show tshididan's posts

try Beauty to you they were amazing and reasonable