Makeup for the not-so-young bride

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

Makeup for the not-so-young bride

I've read a lot of very useful threads on this board about makeup and makeup artists, so I thought I'd see if anyone has some input here. Everyone in my wedding party will be 39+. Should this influence my decision on whether to use airbrush makeup or not? Are there makeup artists who might do better work on older skin? Not that my skin is in bad shape, but sadly, it ain't what it used to be!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Makeup for the not-so-young bride

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Experienced MUAs will be used to working with people of all ages.  My MUA definitely covered a span of about 40 years from my youngest bridesmaid to the my mother-in-law, and everyone looked beautiful and felt comfortable in their makeup.  I used Brea (makeupbybrea.com).  As with a bride of any age, just be sure to get a trial and make sure you are comfortable with the MUA and the style you choose. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I also used Brea and she was fantastic. My oldest BM is 37 and she was in love with Brea's work and couldn't believe how much younger she looked. Brea was also able to cover up my mother's major scar from heart surgery so that it wasn't at all noticeable in pictures. I highly recommend her.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

airbrush is actually better for more mature skin. Using a brush can sometimes push pigment into creases, whereas an aribrush will go on smoothly and not settle into any lines, creases or wrinkles.
    Any MUA will know the rules for 35+ makeup: no glitter, easy on the shimmer (both like to settle into lines), stay light (dark colors can age you) and don't use bronzer (nothing highlights lines like a tan).

And treat yourself to a facial a week or two before the wedding. It'll boost your radiance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

Thanks for the advice. Sad to see the darker colors go, but very happy with no bronzer. A fake tan is one of my makeup nightmares. I've cultivated my shade of pale very carefully, thank you. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Makeup for the not-so-young bride:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the advice. Sad to see the darker colors go, but very happy with no bronzer. A fake tan is one of my makeup nightmares. I've cultivated my shade of pale very carefully, thank you. :)
    Posted by zenbat[/QUOTE]

well dark eyeliner is okay, of course, as long as you don't apply it like this:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pinkie, is that a racoon with face painting? LOL