May Wedding Vendor Reviews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

May Wedding Vendor Reviews

Hey there-

I am back with reviews (finally!).  Everything went well, and I wanted to say thanks to all of you ladies for help with the planning.  I know some of you are using several of my vendors, and you won't be disappointed!  They were all great :).

*Florist: The Celebrated Flower
    A.  Flowers came out perfectly.  They executed our vision beautifully, and were happy to work within our budget.  Very professional; we got a bunch of compliments. 

*Band: Night Rhythm w/Rebecca & Eve www.nightrhythm.com
    A+: Fantastic band.  They packed the dance floor all night and we got TONS of compliments on them.  They were a blast. Worth every penny.  They really made the party!

*Ceremony Music & cocktail hour: International String Trio www.slavatolstoy.com/trio
    A: Wonderful music.  We didn't hear much of them, b/c we ended up taking photos during the cocktail hour, but we got compliments on them.  They played beautifully during the ceremony.  They have a diverse song list and were friendly and easy to work with.  I loved the klezmer recessional they played for us.

*Makeup artist: Makeup by Brea www.makeupbybrea.com
    A+: She was wonderful!  Everyone loved her--she is so talented and so easy to work with.  Reasonable prices.  All the ladies looked gorgeous.

*Hair salon: Pyara Aveda in Harvard Square
    A: Good experience overall.  My stylist (Thomas) was great and I loved my hairstyle.  

*Programs, menu cards, reserved seating signs: MapleMountainDesigns from etsy.com
    A++: Diane went above & beyond.  She was incredibly easy to work with and her work was beautiful.  We were extremely picky about our paper products and she totally delivered!  

*Invitations: Papyrus (pattern by Checkerboard)
    A for the Prudential Mall Store--friendly, relaxed service.  The invitations were GORGEOUS :)
    B for the Harvard Square Store--we failed to order a menu selection card initially, and went back and ordered it from this store.  They were not as friendly or organized as far as customer service goes, but the final product was great.

*Calligraphy: A Fine Letter www.afineletter.com
    A+ Beautiful work, quick turnaround, really great prices.  We were thrilled!

*Valet Service: Curbside Valet
    A+ Very professional and easy to work with.  Took care of all the permitting with the city of Cambridge.  They worked hard on the day of and made sure to stay until every last car was out of the garage.  We used them b/c the garage was a few blocks away from the venue around complicated 1-way streets.

*Bridal gown & alterations: Camilla's Bridal 
    A+ I really liked this shop and my gown.  They were very calming and professional, and friendly.  Alterations were affordable and pressing the gown and steaming the veil was included/free.  My bustle broke, but that was probably because someone stepped on it :p.

*Veil & shoes: Shoes to Dye For
    A+ Wonderful shop.  Extremely helpful in selecting shoes and veil.  Good prices on veils too.

*Dance lessons: Liz Nania from Out to Dance outtodance.com
    A++ She is amazing.  We signed up for 10 private lessons, and it was SO worth it.  We loved our lessons.  She really took the stress out of dancing together and we had a BLAST dancing at our reception thanks to her.

*Photographer: Bharat Parmar
    A+ Fantastic photographer.  He was super professional and easy to work with, and the photos are gorgeous.  He really captured the day.  

*Videographer: Revel Video
    A (pending video): Unobtrusive, friendly, affordable.  He was easy to work with on the day-of and we are looking forward to receiving the video!

*Cake: Hippie Chick Bakery
    A+: Cake was delicious and gorgeous.  Amy was easy to work with, and is wonderful at accommodating food allergies, special diets, etc.  We loved our cake--I just wish I had the chance to eat more than 1 slice at the wedding!

*Bridesmaid & Flower Girl Dresses: Ann Taylor
    A+ Lovely dresses at great prices (we got them on sale).  Staff were very helpful in locating dresses from stores across the country and getting them all shipped out to the right addresses.

...I'm probably forgetting something, but I think that covers most of it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: May Wedding Vendor Reviews

Oh--and we had out of town guests staying at the John Jeffries House and the Boston Marriott Cambridge (which is the silly name of the Kendall Square Marriott), both of which offered us excellent service.  I highly recommend the Jeffries House for downtown events.  Their prices are excellent for their location (in Beacon Hill across from the Charles/MGH T), and they are very friendly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

hey Jasmine - Congrats!  Glad all your vendors were so great! 

Where did you get married?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

We got married at the Harvard Faculty Club.  It's a private club (requires sponsorship by a member), so I didn't review it, since it was less broadly relevant.  Overall we were happy with them too though. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

congrats.. glad the day went well.now you can relax!!.. I'm also using Bharat Parma... and we are soo looking forward.. are you sharing your pics.. I would love to see them?  My email address is stacimoskovit71athotmail.com.... also we are having a heck of a time with invites.... is that also why you went with Etsy?  Are they really easy to use.. I have an idea of what we want and can't find it anywhere!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Staci

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations!  Glad you had such great vendors.  Hope the wedding day was extraordinary!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

staci--you've got mail :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, jasmine!  Blessings on your marriage - may it be as wonderful as the wedding day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Congrats! I'm glad it went so well. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Thanks ladies!  It wouldn't have been nearly so smooth without all the help from you guys.  I got a bunch of recommendations from this board.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts