Men's Wearhouse in Hanover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Men's Wearhouse in Hanover

I just wanted to let you ladies know about our awful experience with the Men's Wearhouse in Hanover!  Definitely avoid this place if you can. 

DH and I went in there about a month and a half before the wedding to pick out tuxes.  They were nice, and led us to believe that everything would be fine.  They suggested all the guys come in to get fitted about 2 weeks before the wedding.

So, DH went in to get fitted about a week and a half ago.  He called me freaking out, saying he looks ridiculous in their jackets.  One fit his shoulders but was huge around his waist; the other fit his waist but was tight around the shoulders.  DH is very tall and athletic with broad shoulders.  MW just told him there was nothing they could do, as their jackets are meant to fit "average sized men."  Really?  Part of your business is renting tuxes, and you can't fit different body types?  They told him the only thing he could do would be to buy a $600 tux from them and have them tailor it.

I told DH to leave and sent him to a small, high end tux rental place near us.  They were great to deal with, and told him that they will have no problem fitting him.  And they also charged him $30 less than MW!!!

And it's not over yet.  DH went to MW last week with his receipt to get a refund, as he had previously paid for the tux in full.  He went into the store at noon, and they told him that they did not have enough cash in the store to give him his full refund.  It was under $200.  Now he has to try to go back again to get his money back.  Terrible!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Men's Wearhouse in Hanover

ugh.  I'm glad you found a place that had a tux to fit him.

We went to MW for tuxes and they were okay, but DH's vest was too big and his BM's shoes came in 2 sizes too small.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a terrible retail experience!  Too bad you guys had to deal with that, but good it worked out in the end, assuming you get your $ back, that is.  I'm sure you will.

Thanks for putting the word out.  I'd have assumed that any rental company would have at least a couple of tux styles in an athletic cut...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Was this the store in the mall?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Was this the store in the mall?
    Posted by kel96

No, sorry, it's not the one in the mall.  I keep forgetting that there's two.  This was the one on 53 in Hanover Commons.

Sections
Shortcuts