My friend needs a photographer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

My friend needs a photographer!

Hi ladies!  A friend of mine is getting married in April 2010, and she's having trouble finding a photographer.  She said the problem she's having is she feels she had an unreasonable expectation of the costs -- they wanted to stay around $1500, but she doesn't think she can find what she wants in that price range.

She wants someone who does great candid work, because that's predominately what they want for pictures.  She also wants a DVD of all the photos with full rights to them.  She said a flush mount album would be nice, but she'd be willing to skip it to keep costs down.

Any recommendations for her?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: My friend needs a photographer!

I know of someone launching their business next week - they are going to do wedding for $2100 (I think?) that will give them full rights to all photos, but no album - just the photos.
    Stay tuned..!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

my photographer is great and very budget friendly. im using john loconte he offers packages from $1000-$2000 with full rights. his website is johnlophoto.com and definitely worth checking out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I think it might be tough to find a photographer who offers the rights to all the photos and an album for $1500, so I'd suggest you forgo the album and make your own (shutterfly or my publisher sound good!).  Another option to find someone just starting out or a photography student.  Of course with the current economy, it never hurts to ask for a discount!  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I paid $1600, got a DVD of all the touched up photos with full rights to them and a proof book of every picture he took.  Got a lot of good candid shots, that was important to me too.  I hate posed pictures, I always end up with a fake smile.

Mark Alcarez www.arcweddings.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kmt, I think Peter Wasylak is about that price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Can you also tell her I am insanley jealous she is getting married in April. Tulips are my absolute FAVORITE flower of all time...and FI refused to get married in April...k thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Hahaha, I'll let her know!  They actually wanted to get married this summer, but the venue they wanted wasn't available.  The first open date that worked for them was in April.  Big Newport wedding...it's going to be gorgeous.

And I thought peonies were your favorite?  Make up your mind!  Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't think I ever said peonies are, did I?? You have mail....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I don't think I ever said peonies are, did I?? You have mail....
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Well I knew you said you loved them, so maybe I just thought they were your favorite.  My bad!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

LOL it's ok. I am obsessed with tulips though. And it stinks that you can only get them March-May otherwise you have to pay up the @$$.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

She can just get the photos and CD/rights to images for her price range, and maybe get the album further down the road- I thinks that becoming common. The guy we used for our video also does photography, very nice work- www.photographybymediaconcepts.com his photo packages start at $900. Keith Berry is a little more but may be worth looking into  www.berryphotos.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diana6628. Show Diana6628's posts

http://kalipoulsenphotography.blogspot.com/  Kali is so responsive and very sweet.  I think she takes great shots of almost everything!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

try www.kevinjacobusphoto.com Really great guy and photographer.  Will work with you on price.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wings97. Show Wings97's posts

I used Emily Sterne for our wedding, and even though I'm waiting for the wedding pics to come back, I loved what she did with our engagement photos.  Her prices are very reasonable and I think your friend could make it work with her. 

www.emilysterne.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

www.joelkamm.com - I think his packages start at around $1600 for 4 hours - including rights to all photos.  Like dkb, he doesn't really like the posed, forced smile shots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

In Response to Re: My friend needs a photographer!:
    Kmt, I think Peter Wasylak is about that price.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

true story - Peter is great to work with and his prices are great. www.wasylakphoto.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueskies. Show blueskies's posts

Blush Photo - check out karens great work and she's affordable. $995

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunrise996. Show sunrise996's posts

I second Blush Photo. http://www.blushweddingfilms.com

Fantastic work and she's affordable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmaressa. Show kmaressa's posts

We're also using John LoConte for our wedding next August. My fiancee and i are on a budget too and we still wanted great photos without the huge pricetag. The photos are really important to us since like everyone says, they really are the only thing that lasts! With that given, the money still has to come from somewhere! John's website is very professional and he is great with e-mail contact. We got the lower package which i think is $950. We get a cd with all the images and another with all of the touched up ones too. We don't get an album- which can be ordered separately but we are thinking that we will just develop them ourselves. It was more inportant to us to have the rights. The package we booked is for 8 hours. With other photographers their less expensive pages are only for 4 hours.

like i said our wedding isn't until August but so far i'm very pleased!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ation4409. Show Ation4409's posts

I agree with pp to check out Berryphotos.  They have two photographers and you never know with April if that's still considered "Off-Season" for some photographers.  You might catch a break.  Definitely worth checking out though, their work is amazing for their price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrc5. Show jrc5's posts

check out www.brianjenkin.com. I just booked with him and his work is worth every penny...very resonable prices ($1400-2200)...

Sections
Shortcuts