Need Bridal Shower Caterer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caaww. Show caaww's posts

Need Bridal Shower Caterer

I am looking for a caterer for a bridal shower brunch for 30-40 in Avon, MA.  We're on a budget, and we'd like to keep it around $15pp.  (Is that reasonable?)  Please let me know if you have any recommendations!  Also, how much do bridesmaids typically spend on the shower? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: Need Bridal Shower Caterer

Have you thought of Roche Brothers?  What bridesmaids spend depends on the type of shower thrown.  It can be as simple or as elegant as you want...$15. pp is indeed reasonable 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree, I don't think there's a typical cost per bridesmaid for showers because the showers themselves vary widely in venue and number of guests.  Some cost next to nothing, others are $1000s.

You can definitely do something for $15/pp, but I'm not familiar with Avon so I can't suggest anything specific.  I'd just call around for places with function rooms and see if they do buffets for special events.  Italian is a good start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

caaww,
    I think $15 pp is very tight. I did a not so fancy brunch for my DIL for $22.50 pp 7 years ago for 40 guests. And I made the cake and the flower arrangements myself. I would have kept the shower at my home, but I wanted it to be a surprise. But it was not an option, as she was staying with us.
    Prices have increased a lot since then.
    Just a suggestion. 30 - 40 people could be accommodated in someone's home. That would cut down on your cost considerably. Also, if the BM are willing and able to make some of the food, it would be another way to cut cost. An afternoon tea, with finger sandwiches and some desserts is another way to cut down. Or just some wine and an assortment of cheese and crackers. At someone's home, there are a lot more possibilities.
    I hosted a baby shower in my home for one of my nieces a few years back for 35 guests. Sangria and lemonade, 2 different home made finger sandwiches, a shrimp plate, a plate of an assortment of cheeses with crackers, marinated olives (made by me) and a cake bought at Costco plus coffee and tea. It cost me less than $10 pp including the miniature rose plants, I used as favors.
    Good luck!