Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations

I love my florist, though my wedding isn't until next Saturday.  She doesn't work in a shop so her overhead is lower. 
    Jody Palange Roffi
    MY PERSONAL FLORIST - 781-942-1841
    www.thebestweddingflowers.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: Need top of the line Vendor Recommendations:
    I love my florist, though my wedding isn't until next Saturday.  She doesn't work in a shop so her overhead is lower.  Jody Palange Roffi MY PERSONAL FLORIST - 781-942-1841 www.thebestweddingflowers.com/
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Hey WinterBride!  So glad you are using Jody.  We used her for our wedding and the flowers were beautiful.  Not sure if you booked her based on my raves or not.  She does beautiful work and has really good prices too.  She was one of our most reasonably priced vendors.

Good luck next Sat!!!  Enjoy it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

We used Bharat as our photographer (from recommendations here) and Dream Images as our videographer and were happy with both.  I've also heard really good things about Hitched for photography. 

I had my hair and make up done at Fisher Experience in Braintree because that's where I usually go but also heard Katrina Hess is really good.   

I don't think you asked but we used the Tangled Web (in Pembroke) as our florist and LOVED Jen.  She somehow managed to get peonies in January and I found her to be reasonably priced.  We didn't have a particularly tight or set budget but things do add up and there is no reason not to use a lower cost alternative that is equally as good (or even better) than higher-priced competitors. 

Winterbride - good luck and have fun! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

it dosen't matter what you spend on a vendor...dosent mean they're going to deliver on the service you paid for...they may go out of businesss..take your money & run, whatever..

we had our wedding bought and paid for...just to have to cancel it on our original date...why?  because my sister was killed by a drunken driver.. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Trex, I did look into her after you mentioned you were using her.  She has been great and I can hardly wait to see the flowers. Thanks Gonzo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Well, "someguy" does have a point....

The most important thing about a vendor is that he/she delivers what was promised, on time, on price, and in a professional way.  Higher priced doesn't necessarily mean better. 

Luvbug, if nothing else, do think about having a Wedding Coordinator on the day of your wedding to help things go smoothly and keep little problems off your radar screen.   I was the anti-deluxe bride but I would have hired a "Day of" if I had known. 

Very best wishes to you! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

some-guy honestly usually does have a decent point, imo, but his delivery is hostile, which is totally uncalled for, and, ironically, gets his point totally dismissed more often than not. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Thank you Cosmo.  I totally agree with what you're saying. I never once thought more money means better. All I have said was looking for the best of the best. The only reason I mentioned the $$ part was because just the few days I've been here I notice that everyones response is well how much do you want to spend.  Apparently I did not word myself correctly but either way I got some great ideas from a lot of people on here ranging in all prices and whichever one we hit it off with will be our choice. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hope you won't take the whole some-guy exchange personally - he shares his less than optimistic opinion in a hostile manner every time he posts.  He has a particular distaste for spending ANY money on a wedding whatsoever.  It's not you or your wording. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

At 1st I did but then once you explained him to me I quickly got over it. You are very sweet kargiver and I am sure I'll have many more questions as time goes on. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's good. :)

Thanks!  We'll be here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Hello Luvbug
    In my opinion, being someone that has worked with many wedding vendors on both a professional and personal level over the years, it is best not only to gather names from Boston.com, but to also go on a site called wedding wire. Wedding Wire or www.weddingwire.com features actual reviews from past bridal clients both good and bad so you get a true account of a vendor performance.  I read these boards all the time and I always see the same names mentioned, while others are never or very seldom mentioned at all. For example, Bharat Parmar and Brian Phillips are excellent, but so is Ted Hayes Photography, A Thousand Moments and also Shang Chen Photography, and if you are getting married down the Cape, you had better get on a waiting list for Dave Hansen of Hansen Photography....his work is unbelievable.  There are so many great people out there that I could go on and on...but Luvbug, if you truly want to find the best, you will seriously need to do your homework on WeddingWire or someplace like that as well. I wish you luck! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jblove06. Show jblove06's posts

For photography you've got to check out Berryphotos.  They were my photographer and I was absolutely blown away.  Their style is very photojournalistic with an emphasis on fashion photography and it shows.  Every picture looks like it should be in a magazine!  Most important of all though was that he was just a really nice guy that made both of us feel really at ease the whole day.  I've been in weddings where the photographer just adds stress by rushing everyone around.  Not here, he was laid back and we got every shot (and a ton of candids we never expected) without ever feeling bothered.  Definitely worth checking out!  Their website is www.berryphotos.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm partial to the "report" button, myself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrsBlahdidah. Show MrsBlahdidah's posts

HIGHLY recommend Sarah Bastille.  www.sarahbastille.com.

I really haven't been on the wedding boards in over 3 years, since my wedding, but I saw this post and had to share. Not only are her pictures BEAUTIFUL, but she is so wonderful to work with.  I give her name to anyone who will listen. She's fabulous.

Other vendors - bands - We used Kahootz (awesome), but also loved Beantown.  We went through Wilson Stevens Productions. Tim Wilson was great to work with.

Got married at Wentworth by the Sea - just outside of POrtsmouth, NH.  Might be too far for you, but it's beautiful and we get to go back and stay every now and then. It's very special.

Congrats and good luck!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

actually, I like some-guy's posts...he offers a different perspective..and a guys opinion...i know I did get crazy when i was planning...and very anal...my sisters death on our original wedding date really put a stamp of reality on life, though.. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ARAC. Show ARAC's posts

Hi Luvbug -

I know you've gotten a lot of feedback already.  For what's it's worth, here are a couple vendors I would recommend.  We used Carol Lundeen for our wedding...and she was fabulous.  Award-winning, the whole bit.  Her style is more spontaneous and photojournalistic, although she does the traditional approach, too.   I love my wedding album.

Other vendors:  for caterer, we used Cuisine Chez Vous.  Absolutely yummy...but I didn't actually eat any of the food that night.  Whatever caterer you go with, make sure they make to-go packages for you and your love.  

For the band, we actually were disappointed with who we booked.  They wouldn't learn the 2 songs we requested!!!  Awful.  They truly didn't listen to what we wanted, which still makes me angry.  But recently, I was at an event where I heard a fabulous band that I would recommend.  They're called Boston Party Machine.

I agree with the feedback about using a wedding planner for the day of the wedding (at minimum).  It's money well spent.  I should have done that...I truly needed the help.  It's probably one of the reasons I never got around to eating dinner!

Best wishes!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Arac,

You have to let us know the band that you didn't like- that's just as valid and helpful as mentioning vendors you loved. I second the mention for Cuisine Chez Vous. I have been to two events that they catered that were absolutely out of thsi world. For photographer, I had great luck with Liz Linder- her work is amazing, but also she's got a really easygoing personality. I think that's important when someone is going to be closeby all day. I have also seen Glen & April Livermore at a friend's wedding and they were a nice couple that became almost part of the guests by the end, but I know my friend was thrilled with the photos.

Winston's for flowers.

For bands, and I suppose with all vendors, you can judge by the ones that get booked up the furthest in advance. Nightshift, Flipside, Soho, Kahootz, those are the big ones. A lot of the times the ones that I see people chatting about on here are sort of second-tier bands that are simply available more than amazing. Nothing wrong with that, just referring to the OP.

I never used a wedding planner, but I've heard good things about Weddings By Alexis. Rafanelli is supposed to be the big deal around Boston, but from what I hear you don't actually see the owner after the initial meeting, it's all assistants. Maybe that's the way it is with everyone, who knows?

Good luck and don't let the meanies get you down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ARAC. Show ARAC's posts

Hi Bleeble -

In answer to your question, the awful band that we had at our wedding was called Swerve.  I'm still ticked off about it. 

I've been to many happy events since our wedding and heard more bands.  I wish that I had invested more wisely in music.  A better price doesn't necessarily mean that you've scored something good.  All the bands you mentioned are fabulous, as well the one that I heard recently, Boston Party Machine.

Good luck finding the vendors that work for you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWR1. Show DWR1's posts

Check out attending the Brides of Distinction Bridal Brunch & Fashion Show
    The brunch is Sunday March 6th and the event has partners that are only the top on the wedding business that have been preferred by Brides recomendations.  Priscilla of Boston and Madison Floral will be putting on a display while speakers Jenny Johnson from TVDINER and NECN along with Editors from  Knot.com on the latest for Weddings.
    Seating is limited and reservations are required
    617-227-8600  Omni Parker House Hotel   Roof Top Ballroom
    This is the 10th Anniversary and the limited seating sells out annually.

Sections
Shortcuts