Officiant Recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Officiant Recommendations

Hi!

I am starting to look into wedding officiants. We are going to be having a short (but sweet) ceremony outdoors at our venue. We are not having a religious ceremony, so we are looking just for a justice of the peace. Does anyone have any good recommendations, or tips to think about when booking a justice of the peace?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Re: Officiant Recommendations

Dan Griffiths is absolutely wonderful.  He did my daughter's wedding in April and they received so many compliments on the ceremony.  There ceremony was not religious but he made it very meaningful!  He is out of Nashua, NH but will travel to MA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarah4532. Show sarah4532's posts

I am going to be using Carol Merletti for my wedding next year. The reason I chose to contact her was all of the positive reviews she had. I talked to her for almost an hour on the phone about what I want, and she seems totally accomodating. She's $150 for the ceremony, plus $150 if you want her for your rehersal (but she doesn't pressure you if you don't need her there, I think she would almost prefer not to be!) and $50 if you want to meet with her in person prior to the big day. She'll add into the ceremony whatever you want. Also, she'll send you a ceremony template that you can play around with and tweak to what you want it to be like (if you need help like we did). Her website is www.weddingofyourdesire.com . Hope this helps!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I had a friend do the "JP for a day" thing through the Governor's office. It was a wonderful, personal experience that I would recommend to anyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrookieBaby. Show BrookieBaby's posts

My sister is using Tom Welch who seems to get really excellent reviews on here and elsewhere.  I think he books up well in advance, but it is certainly worth a try.  Not sure of his rates.  Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfann21. Show patsfann21's posts

I am using Carol Merletti in Oct. She has very unique ideas. We decided to be different and do the wine glass/box ceremony. Check her out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Thanks, this is helpful! I am in the process of looking these people up. I did think of doing the JP thing for a day but we couldn't decide if there was anyone we wanted to marry us that we didn't want to just watch the ceremony. Still a fun idea though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

We are using John Scuto of Blue Sky Weddings www.nhweddingceremonies.com

We have met with him and his wife a couple of times and so far I am impressed.  He is very passionate about what he does and the piece that I loved is that he helps you to customize your wedding and kind of create your own - if that's what you want. 
    We are having a similar ceremony - outside, non religious, short and sweet! 
    He really seems to get that and I think he will be great on the big day.  I do think he travels to MA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

I am using Joanna Scaparotti for my October wedding. She is very resonably priced...$100 for rehearsal and ceremony. We are really on a budget and she worked out great. There is a travel fee too, but we are getting married within the 20 miles so we don't have to pay it. We want a very simple, non religous ceremony is what we're getting. We are very excited. Her website is weddingsinsalem.com (salem, ma)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

We used Tom Welch - he was great! Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovesparkle. Show lovesparkle's posts

Do the JP for the day thing!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

We used Anna Bacall and she was amazing.  She spent a great deal of time with us to personalize the ceremony and now, almost a year later I still ahve friends and family comment on how moving the ceremony was.  I highly recommend her!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

We used Michael Lucas, he is from Peabody. He was recommended by our venue and does the majority of ceremonies that are held there. He did a great job- his service was very thoughtful and lovely. It was non-religious, but we did have the Irish wedding blessing as our 2nd and last reading.

He did a great job, and his price includes the rehearsal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

We're getting married in our UU church by our minister, who is as religious or non-religious as a person would like.