OT- Area Rug Cleaning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OT- Area Rug Cleaning

Hey Ladies, this has nothing to do with weddings, but I know you have the best suggestions on what businesses give good service.

I have a 4x6 area rug that I bought from Ikea, it has a colorful pattern on a cream background (I know I'm silly to have bought a light colored rug to put in my high-traffic living room, but I really love it.)

I've tried spot-cleaning at home, which workled pretty well for the first few months but now the edges just look really dingy and I want to send it to get cleaned somehwere, but I don't even know where to start.
    So, does anyone know if a good area rug cleaner in the Boston area?
    Do you know how much I should expect to pay to have it cleaned? It's acrylic wool, I'm sure, being from Ikea and all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: OT- Area Rug Cleaning

Pink, most dry cleaners will do area rugs.  If you have a dry cleaner you trust, bring it to them.  Good luck. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't have any cleaner suggestions, but that rug cleaner from QVC that I recommended will do a very good job.  If you put a couple of drops on a brush and scrub where it's dingy, you can take a damp microfiber cloth and clean it right up.  I think it will brighten it up nicely.  My neighbor practically kissed my feet for letting him borrow it.

It's called Stain Rx, and it's item number V24899 on www.qvc.com.

If you want to get it cleaned, though, maybe call Dover Rug and see where they recommend.  I am very pleased with their service; we just bought two large orientals from there, and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you advice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks Alf! I had no idea- mostly because I own about 2 dry-clean only pieces of clothing. There's a few dry cleaners in my neighborhood, I'll go ask.

In Response to Re: OT- Area Rug Cleaning:
    [QUOTE]Pink, most dry cleaners will do area rugs.  If you have a dry cleaner you trust, bring it to them.  Good luck. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sorry, forgot to mention, changed email addresses so I had to change my screen name.

Kar- I used to have a spot-cleaning machine, but I think I'd rather just bring it to get it cleaned professionally so I don't have to wait for it dry in my apartment- I know it'll gte dirtier of it gets stepped on while wet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, I figured my suggestion wouldn't be all that helpful, but it is an awesome spot cleaner to pick up to replace Resolve, anyway.  I understand wanting to get it professionally cleaned.  Definitely give Dover a call.

~kar

P.S.  I didn't even know you changed your screenname - I just look at the avatars, now.  LOVE yours!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You're welcome, Pink.  When I'm working, I keep the dry cleaners in business.  lol. My mom sends rugs out a few times a year [they have a big smelly dog] and they always come back looking amazing.  It will be like a brand new rug. 

Here's a question for you:  Do you have any idea where I can buy Unite hair products online or north of Boston?  They are European, and I got them in Boston, but don't want to make the drive in. They don't list salons that carry their products on their website and they aren't responding to my email.  lol. I am halfway through a fantastic trial size bottle of their Blow and Set lotion.  It is the only thing I've ever found that tames my fine, frizzy hair.  Or do you have any suggestions for a similar product?  Thanks!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

hmmm, haven't heard of Unite. Looks like good stuff. If you bought it from a shop in Boston it might be worthwhile to call and see if they'll ship you some.
    I can recommend Living Proof Styling Spray for fine to medium hair from Sephora. It's cutting edge frizz fighting technology made by folks from MIT if you can believe it. It's really good stuff and not any more expensive than other salon-quality products.

[QUOTE]You're welcome, Pink.  When I'm working, I keep the dry cleaners in business.  lol. My mom sends rugs out a few times a year [they have a big smelly dog] and they always come back looking amazing.  It will be like a brand new rug.  Here's a question for you:  Do you have any idea where I can buy Unite hair products online or north of Boston?  They are European, and I got them in Boston, but don't want to make the drive in. They don't list salons that carry their products on their website and they aren't responding to my email.  lol. I am halfway through a fantastic trial size bottle of their Blow and Set lotion.  It is the only thing I've ever found that tames my fine, frizzy hair.  Or do you have any suggestions for a similar product?  Thanks!!! 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if I owned a place with WTW, I'd totally buy a spot cleaner. I don't like Resolve spray, I find the Bissel Pet Stain & Odor on a damp rag works best for spot cleaning. Takes out red wine stains and everything! Just doesn't seem to help those dingy edges.
    :)

[QUOTE]Mm, I figured my suggestion wouldn't be all that helpful, but it is an awesome spot cleaner to pick up to replace Resolve, anyway.  I understand wanting to get it professionally cleaned.  Definitely give Dover a call. ~kar P.S.  I didn't even know you changed your screenname - I just look at the avatars, now.  LOVE yours!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Thanks, Pink!