Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

preserving flowers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

preserving flowers

After the wedding (may 09), I had tried to hang my bouquet to dry.  This failed since they were short stems tucked into a holder, so they all fell out & ended up sitting on the floor behind the door before I realized.  DH left his bout sitting on his dresser.  All ended up turning brown-ish and really not worth saving for much. 
    Fast forward till last month when I finally got a renter for my condo.  We had to clean it out of all wedding remnants, including the 2 extra bouts in the fridge.  We had tossed them in there, still in their plastic containers, 9 months ago.  They looked beautiful still & the red & white roses looked remarkably fresh & colorful.  We took them home & they've been sitting at room temp for a couple of weeks now & still look great.  All dired out too, so I think they'll stay like that.

Wish I had thought to do that with our actual flowers from the day, so i thought I'd share!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Re: preserving flowers

Thanks for sharing! Good info.

Sections
Shortcuts