Price averages for invitations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Price averages for invitations

We are looking at ordering our inviations soon for our wedding.  The prices range so much, that I'm not sure what a good price range to look at. 

I know that budgets vary, but I was curious what is too much or too little to spend on invites.

Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Re: Price averages for invitations

oh, this is a great post because I am about to order my invitations. It's looking like they will cost me $1800 for 120.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

We are looking at ordering our inviations soon for our wedding.  The prices range so much, that I'm not sure what a good price range to look at.  I know that budgets vary, but I was curious what is too much or too little to spend on invites. Anyone?
    Posted by Goodness1

I really think that depends on what you're willing to spend on them.  We spent about $7.50 per invitation, but we loved them and budgeted for it, so it wasn't an issue.  I know there are people who would rather cut off a finger than spend that much, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The ones we are looking at range from $150 for 100 to $300 for 100.  So, it looks like we're getting a good deal :) 

I would rather cut a bit of cost there, and the materials seem to be really nice and good quality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

Mine are $4.75 per invitation and it includes them addressing them for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Definitely depends on your budget and how important they are to you...not to be a downer, but people really do just throw them away.

I'm sending my inviations next week (yay), and we bought them at Target. It was a kit that my mom printed herself at home, put them together and they look beautiful. Sure, the card stock is not fantastic, but it is nice enough and they look classy. For 150 invitations, response cards and thank-you notes my mom spent less than $200.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

amschnittger, not a downer at all.  I didn't want to spend more than that, honestly.  I know that most people aren't about keeping them as memorabila.  I would, though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We spent about $4 each on them and spent $400, and we got the invitations, outer envelopes, inner envelopes, RSVP cards, RSVP envelopes printed with address.  No envelope liners, but I wish we had gotten the liners because I didn't care for how you could see through the outer envelope to the writing on the inner envelope.  It defiinitely made a difference, but when I ordered them I had no idea what a liner was for.

We sent 82 invitations.  I used all the extra envelopes though because I hand addressed them all and messed up.  We also had two returned that had to be re-enveloped.

P.S.  I should share that that's not really what we paid - it's what we would have paid for our Chase invitations had I not gotten a 50% discount because my work was a dealer of Chase for some reason.  So, we paid about $200.  I can't say for sure if we'd have gone for it had they been full price, but I think so.  We really liked them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Here are all the wedding invitations at Target.

Of course, I don't see the ones I ordered which were just plain white w/ the sheer paper over top that you tied on w/ a ribbon. We used a blue paper for the directions/information to add color to the whole thing. But if you are on a budget and can print them yourself, I recommend it. They really did come out nicely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from megan2009. Show megan2009's posts

Well, I made my own with resources from Paper Source and I think they look great. :) It cost me about $2 per invite not including stamps... Personally I think invites are a great place to save money!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Here are all the wedding invitations at Target. Of course, I don't see the ones I ordered which were just plain white w/ the sheer paper over top that you tied on w/ a ribbon. We used a blue paper for the directions/information to add color to the whole thing. But if you are on a budget and can print them yourself, I recommend it. They really did come out nicely.
    Posted by amschnittger

You can get many of the ones that you find at Target at Michael's and AC Moore as well.  And if you sign up for their email you get many coupons for 40% - 50% off.  I scoped mine out at Target etc but found them clearanced on Gartner's (one of the companies that does many print at home kits) website and got them for a super steal even with shipping.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Well, I made my own with resources from Paper Source and I think they look great. :) It cost me about $2 per invite not including stamps... Personally I think invites are a great place to save money!
    Posted by megan2009

Can you post a pircture of them?  I love seeing handmade invitations!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Wow. My sis offered to pay for mine and we looked everyone. I don't want her to spend too much, but I asked her what she spent on hers (same price) and that has been what I've been going off of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We spent $3.65 each for the following.  Total was about $450.  Could have found even cheaper, but I loved them and was willing to spend that much.  You can definitely find great ones for even cheaper.  We also could have addressed them ourselves and saved $50, but it was my busy season at work so I opted for less stress. 

Got mine on www.etsy.com. Will post a review when I have photos uploaded.

invitations
    addresses and return address on envelopes
    rsvps
    address on rsvp envelopes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

This is an interesting post - I have been the hardest time trying to figure out what to spend on invitations.  I'd ideally like to get everything together so it's cohesive, i.e., STD, invitation, response card, placecard, table card & thank yous.  It seems like the best deals are for invitations/response cards only.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I made my own invitations (80 invitations and RSVP cards) for under $100. Graphic design was a part of my major in college, but anyone can do it. I bought paper from Michael's for ~$75, then drew a flower icon in Adobe Illustrator and imported it into InDesign and laid out everything. Kinkos printed them for $5.

You can import an image from google or something too and lay out everything in Word. Word is a little annoying because the lay out shifts a lot, but with some patience you can save a ton of money.

I'll post it on here if I can figure that out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I apologize if I ruin everything by posting this. Picture it on burnt orange paper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Hi - we spent about $645 for 275 invites and an additional $80 so total was $725 =  about $2.64/invite (give or take)

It was a great deal!

It was through Carlson Craft Exclusive collection 2 -

We got the following: (choose our colors, font, etc) customized the RSVP card as we are having multiple activities

Outer envelope
    Inner envelope
    envelope liner
    Reply Card
    envelope for reply (address printed)
    Invitation
    Icing (The wrap for addressing - and they addressed the invites for us! with return address and guest list)

Best thing was the printed guest list icing wraps - very unique and what I wanted! Didn't have to do our own printing/find someone to address them, etc.
    All we had to do was assemble.

We printed our directions and "weekend event" - was an additional $80

Everyone loves them and thinks they are so unique! We were going to go with a more elaborate invite that would have cost $5-$7 per invite - and I am glad we didn't.

These were perfect!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

But if you have the budget and can spend $$ on the invites, I say go for it!!!

:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

I spent about $300 on 125, for 175 guests. 
    That does not include postage, so round up to about $400 with 59 cent stamps on the invitations and regular stamps on the response cards. 

I am not into invitations at all. I didnt want to have to assemble anything and wasnt interested in spending a boat load of money on them, when that could go towards more food or a party on Friday night before the wedding. 
    So, I ordered lovely single page invitations from InvitationsbyDawn.com. My mom had direction and hotel information cards printed up to match at her local printshop. They are ivory with black font, with black edging. The invitations are ivory with a black damask border with black font. The price included extra envelopes, return addresses printed on them, inner envelopes with colored lining. 

The prices online were SO much cheaper than a store, for nice quality too. 
    My mom has lovely handwriting, so she addressed them. 

HTH! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Mine were about 800 for 125 with inner/outer, rsvps, liners. I did custom invites so I had to pay for an additional layer and the price for the custom design.   I used William Arthur and they had good prices for nice invitations compared to the others at the store.  I could have spent double that on some of the other ones I picked out.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonnaN26. Show DonnaN26's posts

I recently ordered my invitation from The Paper Store.  They have invitations for all budgets.  I have 250 guests and spent just a little over $500.  You can go as simple or elaborate as you want - they have multiple brands.  There are also do it yourself kits, where the store prints the cardstock and you assemble (which was not for me!).  The best part is that the invitations are done with in days - they're really fast!