Recommend your photog!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Recommend your photog!

Jamison Wexler  is amazing. I had my engagement photos done and they came out  beautiful.  He is very artistic and creative!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Do NOT use Person + Killian, their prices are OUTRAGOUS....their packages start at $5000...I don't know who these women think they are charging that much money for photos! I am on the same boat as you, so far I have heard good things about Berryphotos, Peter Wasylak and Kevin Jacabus....good luck!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Can't believe people haven't already mentioned him....

Michael Goderre from Island Road Images - www.islandroadimages.com
    I can tell you that what he has posted on his website in "about us" is 300% true (just looked at his website to make sure I was giving the right link, it's been 2 years since he photographed our wedding.  Seriously, he's about 8 ft tall, but so unobtrusive it's unbelievable, and yet he gets all the shots. He reminded us about some really important shots we planned to get, so he can manage a timetable, too.  And he's nice, and makes everyone at ease, he's not the photographer who barks out commands but still he gets people to line up, smile, focus, etc. 

He also does children and portraits, which I would bet are gorgeous.

He is a graphic designer as well so brings that aesthetic to the design of your wedding album.  Really, he's an artist without that crazy artistic temperament. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueskies. Show blueskies's posts

Our videographer Karen Goldstein was wonderful and she is  a photographer
    too! You can view her work. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2become. Show 2become's posts

I interviewed 4 photographers, including Dana Guiliani & Mollie Filmore, and in the end, we decided to go with Caty Morris (cmorrisphotography.com).  She's based out of Litchfield, NH, but is shooting our MA wedding in Oct.  Just had boudoir photos done and next month will be getting our engagement photos done.  So far, it's been a great experience!  Looks like she's pretty booked through 2009 already if you look at her website.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I second Jeff Turner!!  He did our wedding 11 days ago.  We got our proofs in the mail Tuesday.  They were done so quick it made our heads spin & they are wonderful!  He & his assistant, George, got lots of moments from the day that we missed & really seemed to capture everything.  I love that they got pics of our guests during the ceremony as well as on the dance floor, and you can just feel their emotion in the shots.  Definately check him out!  http://www.jeffturnerphotography.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from d-d. Show d-d's posts

I have to ask, how did all of ya'll find your photog?  Google?  Wedding site?  Friend?

d-d

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I found Jeff through this board.  There have been a bunch of us thrilled with his work over the past couple of years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovesparkle. Show lovesparkle's posts

We used Heather Parker

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ferrickx. Show ferrickx's posts

In Response to Re: Recommend your photog!:
    [QUOTE]I interviewed 4 photographers, including Dana Guiliani & Mollie Filmore, and in the end, we decided to go with Caty Morris (cmorrisphotography.com).  She's based out of Litchfield, NH, but is shooting our MA wedding in Oct.  Just had boudoir photos done and next month will be getting our engagement photos done.  So far, it's been a great experience!  Looks like she's pretty booked through 2009 already if you look at her website.
    Posted by 2become[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ferrickx. Show ferrickx's posts

[QUOTE]I interviewed 4 photographers, including Dana Guiliani & Mollie Filmore, and in the end, we decided to go with Caty Morris (cmorrisphotography.com).  She's based out of Litchfield, NH, but is shooting our MA wedding in Oct.  Just had boudoir photos done and next month will be getting our engagement photos done.  So far, it's been a great experience!  Looks like she's pretty booked through 2009 already if you look at her website.
    Posted by 2become[/QUOTE] Hi we are thinking of Dana Guiliani...what was it that brought you to Caty Morris?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

We are using Scott Metzger and heard about him on here last fall. 
    We really like his personality - he is very laid back and his photos were what we were looking for. 
    He was a little out of our budget, but offered a discount for a Sunday wedding, which we are having. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

David Murray is AMAZING!
    http://www.davidmurrayweddings.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

My friend used Nick Hawami from Truly Captured for her wedding last fall.  He was really nice and he takes amazing photographs!  She was very happy with him.  Here's his website:

http://www.trulycaptured.com/

I think his prices were pretty reasonable with packages starting at around $2K.

Good luck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Karen Snyder is our photographer. We love her. http://www.karensnyderphoto.com/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2become. Show 2become's posts

Hi ferrickx, oops, sorry to have not replied back, you prolly already booked your photog - but anyways, to get back to you, i picked caty morris over dana guiliani based only on my perception of their personalities. dana seemed really really laid back, and caty is uber-enthusiastic, so i thought she'd be fun to work with.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

we used pentimalli studios in lexington and loved them. we just got our first draft of our album back today and were so happy. amazing value too...strongly recommend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Preserves, do you mind me asking what their prices were like??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mc2009. Show mc2009's posts

M2 STUDIOS!!! They are based out of Medford but they travel.  So easy to work with and they take beautiful pictures!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

I recommend Tim Shellmer www.shellmer.com His based in NH but frequently does weddings in MA.  He is a sweetheart and we have the most wonderful pictures starting at our rehearsal all the way through to the last guest leaving.
    I can  not even begin to describe how wonderful he was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diana6628. Show Diana6628's posts

http://kalipoulsenphotography.blogspot.com/

I love her!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wings97. Show Wings97's posts

Emily Sterne - www.emilysterne.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I recommend Tim Shellmer www.shellmer.com His based in NH but frequently does weddings in MA.  He is a sweetheart and we have the most wonderful pictures starting at our rehearsal all the way through to the last guest leaving. I can  not even begin to describe how wonderful he was.
    Posted by austengirl[/QUOTE]

Austen, his prices are amazing...how is his work? I already have a photographer, but it would've been nice to have someone at my rehearsal dinner...oh well!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Try www.joelkamm.com
    If you want more natural (nothing ridiculous like all jumping in the air with your hands above you head type photos!) photos.

Sections
Shortcuts