Searching for an Officiant/ Justice of the Peace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VWell. Show VWell's posts

Re: Searching for an Officiant/ Justice of the Peace

I would ask family&friends if they know any. If you've attending the wedding and you liked the ceremony don't hesitate to ask for the JP's information from the Bride & Groom.

I have two friends that are JP's I'll be happy to pass along their information if you're interested.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You can always have a close friend or family member officiate. It's a very easy and inexpensive process to be ordained for the day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi VWell,

I'm looking for a JP for our wedding in Cambridge next August.  Are your friends in that area?  If so, I would love their contact info.

Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghotieyes. Show ghotieyes's posts

Ditto on pinkkittie's reply. That's what we did. I think it cost us about $45 and a letter of recommendation from another friend. We liked the idea of having someone we were close to be part of our day, as opposed to a stranger.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I used Bebe Fallick.  She's out of Lexington and totally cool!  DH and I loved her!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I used John Scuto (blueskyweddingservices.com). He was great--he and his wife Cathy work together. They're both JPs, but John does the ceremony and Cathy takes care of set up, any prep, and other details. They were super organized and just really nice people to work with. They live in NH, but will travel.

You can also customize your ceremony to however you want it; they give you this build-your-own ceremony binder with ideas, which was really helpful. We met with them a couple times, had a rehearsal, and only paid $150 for everything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

The Massachusettes Justice of the Peace Association (http://www.mjpa.org/) has a search function where you can search by city.  There were 7 in Cambridge.  Massachusetts regulates fees JP's may charge...$100 within the town, $150 outside of their town.  However, a lot of JP's charge additional for 'customizing' the ceremony.   

This website may help too (http://www.maweddingguide.com/planning/Ceremony/officiants.htm)  it has details about becoming a JP for a day.  

FI and I met with 3 JP's before we decided to go with Richard Perry.  (He's out of Gloucester.)  If your interested, his website is http://www.gloucesterweddings.com/index.htm.

Good Luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chels51. Show chels51's posts

We're using Beverly Cook out of Reading...  she's really nice, will let you create your own personal ceremony and she's been doing weddings for years! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

In Response to Re: Searching for an Officiant/ Justice of the Peace:
    [QUOTE]Ditto on pinkkittie's reply. That's what we did. I think it cost us about $45 and a letter of recommendation from another friend. We liked the idea of having someone we were close to be part of our day, as opposed to a stranger.
    Posted by ghotieyes[/QUOTE]

This is what we are doing as well.  My husband's best friend is going to become ordained so that he can perform our ceremony for us.  Because all of our guests know him as well, we thought it'd be a nice touch to have him as the speaker. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

FI and I met with Beverly Cook and I LOVED her!!!  It was a toss up between her and Richard Perry but I let FI make the pick and he decided on Richard Perry. 

Beverly's license plate is IWedYou or IWedU (something similar).  I thought it was adorable and she truly loves her job!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

Hi Boston Girl,
       My husband and I used Tom Welch and we just adored him.  He basically let us customize our service and is seriously the sweetest man.  He actually asks you not to invite him to your reception too!  He understands the cost is substantial and does not want you (the couple) to feel any obligation.  He was $150 for the service.  He does change his rates based on location, but we got married in Quincy  just to give you a gauge.  He does book up fast so if you are interested I suggest seeing if he available for your date asap.

www.welchweddings.com/

Good Luck!

GinaBabe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We used Beverly Cook as well and loved her.  It was funny because she was so soft spoken when we met her I was a little concerned about people not being able to hear her.  Well, at our rehearsal dinner and wedding it was a very loud, articulate Beverly - she was great!  She was funny and even got all choked up during our ceremony which was so cute.  (Not so choked up she couldnt' continue, though!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl44. Show Soxgirl44's posts

We used Joanna Scaparotti and she was wonderful. It only cost us $100 and that included a meeting, rehearsal and ceremony. Our ceremony was wonderful and she did a great job. You can find her info on Onewed.com. I couldn't believe what some JP's wanted to charge especially to do a rehearsal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJandJE. Show JJandJE's posts

Hi BostonGirl82...
    we are searching for an officiant ourselves...you can get a list of local certified officiants at your city hall. That's where we started. Good Luck!