SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

Any suggestions for a resonably priced photographer??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

Well, I would not skimp on the photographer, since those will be the only lasting memories of the day. Flowers wilt and die, and if you are spending $30K on a reception site, then maybe your budget can expand?

Point blank - you might be able to get what you want for under $3000 if you dont include an album. My package was 7 hours, hi res cd, rights to photos, an engagement session and an assistant, and it was $2500. No album, I am planning on doing it myself on MyPublisher (thanks pinkkittie for the idea).
    My photographer moved to DC, Michelle Caucutt, but she is taking limited engagements up here I think.

Albums from a photographer cost $1000-1500. You want them do to do an awesome job and give you all that, plus 10 hours of work. I would pony up the price, or forgo the album.

Quality costs money.

[QUOTE]I REALLY don't want to spend more than $3,000 on a photographer, but I want someone who will do an amazing job, an album, a hi-res cd, AND at least 10 hours coverage at this prices. Does ANYONE know any photographers that will do this?? EVERY site I have looked at start at 3-4k for a basic package and I can't imagine paying this. My reception site alone is $30,000. Please, someone help me! I am not getting married until September 2010, so I do have time! I would highly appreciate, THANK YOU! P.S. I am getting married in the Newton/Wellesley area.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I second Beagle's suggestion. I also had a photog for $2500 because I skipped the album. Our photographer used to work with Decisive Moment Photography, but he moved to NYC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

I'm paying $1600, but I only have my photographer for 4.5 hrs and that is also minus the album.  I think his larger packages are under $3000.  I didn't want to skimp on a photographer, so I just opted to have him for the ceremony and formals only.  He will only be at the reception for about an hour, but that is fine with me.  I care more about professional pics for the ceremony and formals.

Marc Alcarez out of Jamaica Plain.  http://www.arcweddings.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

We used Brett Allison and she was amazing.  We paid just under $3000 and that was for 9 hours of coverage with a 2nd photographer.  Our package included a no-watermarked proof of every single picture, as well as disks of all photos and 10 enlargements, so we were able to design our own album, which saved a lot of money.  Brett was great to work with - I highly recommend her!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I got pretty much what you are looking for, but I think I had 6 or 8 hours of coverage [I didn't want him there while I was getting ready, so it didn't matter], in the price range you want. We had an album, a series of larger loose photos for framing, a high-res DVD and 2 bound proof books [they were like albums in and of themselves].  I got married in May 2007. I used Matt Flynn.  He was absolutely awesome to work with.  If you google him, you should be able to find him. 

My mom was over the moon re our photos. Our family photos usually involve someone making a face, someone closing their eyes or putting food in their mouth right as the photo is taken, making bunny ears behind someone's head, or putting a hand or foot in the way of the shot, so she was thrilled that we had photos where everyone was smiling and that looked really good for a change.  lol.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladydyanbride2009. Show ladydyanbride2009's posts

I think that you could definitely find quality for way under $3000! Check out our photographer John LoConte at www.johnlophoto.com He has a 10 hour package with an album for around $2000. You just have to do your research and stay away from the more well known people! Never go with a studio or agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]Our family photos usually involve someone making a face, someone closing their eyes or putting food in their mouth right as the photo is taken, making bunny ears behind someone's head, or putting a hand or foot in the way of the shot, so she was thrilled that we had photos where everyone was smiling and that looked really good for a change.  lol.   
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

LOL!  We are the same way.  Not only pictures from family get-togethers, but our drivers licenses, passport pictures...all so terrible.  My sister made a photocopy of her passport picture and put it in my birthday card one year because I LMAO everytime I look at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Ah, yes, the mug shot photos.  My passport photo is SO freakin' scary.  I was so embarassed to hand it in at customs when we went on our honeymoon.  I am psyched I get to change it b/c I need to change my name.  I don't even mind paying the fee to change it b/c the photo is THAT bad. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]Ah, yes, the mug shot photos.  My passport photo is SO freakin' scary.  I was so embarassed to hand it in at customs when we went on our honeymoon.  I am psyched I get to change it b/c I need to change my name.  I don't even mind paying the fee to change it b/c the photo is THAT bad. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

On my license, I look unwashed and homeless.

We're using Kevin Jacobus (kevinjacobusphoto.com) and I think you can get what you're looking for with him. I agree with the others, though; I'd move monies around a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol!
    I didn't get my picutre re-taken for my driver's license this year because the one I have looks really good and I'm afraid the new one won't! Too bad I'll have to have it re-taken next time. I know my luck can't last.

[QUOTE]Ah, yes, the mug shot photos.  My passport photo is SO freakin' scary.  I was so embarassed to hand it in at customs when we went on our honeymoon.  I am psyched I get to change it b/c I need to change my name.  I don't even mind paying the fee to change it b/c the photo is THAT bad. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Kevin Jacobus just did my daughter's wedding and he is fantastic and I am sure he will work with your budget.  If you would like to see her pictures go this link and click Hennigar/Karatkewicz  http://www.kevinjacobusphoto.com/proofs/

He is a really nice guy and very easy to work with.  He keeps everyone so calm and formals are quick and painless.  I hate having my picture taken and I was even really happy with pictures that I am in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]lol! I didn't get my picutre re-taken for my driver's license this year because the one I have looks really good and I'm afraid the new one won't! Too bad I'll have to have it re-taken next time. I know my luck can't last.
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

I was so mad I couldn't keep my last MA drivers license photo, but I moved out of state.  Figures, the only decent official ID photo of myself that I have ever had .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

When I renewed my license this year, the girl took 3 awful pictures of me before I decided to keep the old one - I did my hair and everything, but they were just awful. I blame the photographer. ;-)

to the OP: glad you found your photog, and that's its Peter b/c he rocks. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaBabe3. Show GinaBabe3's posts

Hi Liz,

Keith Berry fits all your needs (Berryphotos.com)!  You get him all day with no set time limits.  Unlimited pictures, hi-res disc, online photos, proof book, and 20 page high quality album.  You get get one free up grade with your package too.  All of that is $3K.  He gets recommended all the time on these boards.  I met with 8 photographers before I decided on Keith.  Personally, for the quality of work he does for the price he could not be beat.  He has tons of albums you can look through as well at his studio.  He answers my e-mails quickly and he posts most teaser pics within a matter of days.  He is also on facebook.  Great guy too just in general.

Good Luck!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Isn't that always the way?
    My mom gets so upset because no matter how hard she tries to look good for one, it always comes out terribly. But the pictures she has for her name badges at work always look so cute. It's like the RMV have their cameras set to schlumpy.

[QUOTE]I was so mad I couldn't keep my last MA drivers license photo, but I moved out of state.  Figures, the only decent official ID photo of myself that I have ever had .....
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My poor sister is so un-photogenic.  All these wedding photos should be interesting!!  Personally, I always tilt my head to the left when I sit for an ID photo.  I have no idea why but I can't help it!!  A few bouncers have looked at my ID and said, OK now move your head this way - all set.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ation4409. Show Ation4409's posts

I'm a second for Berryphotos.  We used him and couldn't have been happier.  The pictures were amazing - and the one's I've seen on his website recently make me even jealous.  I agree with pp that he takes pictures similar to photographers that charge way more and his packages give so much.  He was one of our easiest and best decisions. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

"I REALLY don't want to spend more than $3,000 on a photographer"

I got married in May 2007 so I don't know how his current prices other than it says on his website full coverage is $3195, but you'd have to speak with him re: his various packages.  All I can say is, WOW!  Michael Goderre from Island Road Images shot the most amazing photos, and he was simply wonderful to work with.  My DH is a private, kind of shy guy and I wanted him to be comfortable or the photos would be unfun.  Also, I'm really not that photogenic so I knew I'd have to be really comfortable or I'd get my goofy smile going on.... 

We loved Michael, loved working with him on the day of the wedding, the walk-through a few days before the wedding, and post-wedding when we were designing our wedding album. He can make computer changes to a photo to make the photo better (we have one where we are walkign through the grass with the cherry trees in bloom behind us... but really we were walking through a thick swath of brown because it was a driving range on a golf course. He just made the grass extend everywhere, and you'd never notice it.  the photo makes me swoon (and I don't swoon easily).... 

Call him, find out his prices, and meet with him if you can afford him.  If he's not already booked - he does lots of weddings. the website is
    www.islandroadimages.com

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Jeff Turner

www.jeffturnerphotography.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnneEnow. Show AnneEnow's posts

I'll second Jeff Turner.  He took wonderful pictures of my May 2007 wedding and was so great to work with!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I met with Jeff Turner, he was great but not available the date of my wedding.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mel1974c. Show mel1974c's posts

I recommend contacting William Tangorra - I am not sure of what his prices are now - as I booked him in 2008, but I paid $2000 and will receive a hires cd and co-ownership of the photos.

www.williamtangorra.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colby2000. Show Colby2000's posts

check out M2 Studios, they are a sister team so you get two photographers automatically.  They are doing my October wedding.  Obviously the wedding hasn't happened yet, but they have been great to work with so far.  I actually got their name from Island Road Images which someone on here suggested.  We had our engagement pics done this weekend and I cannot wait to see them.  My FI is not at all into having his picture taken, yet they made him feel very comfortable.

I was just on their website and noticed they lowered this prices quite a bit, although those packages don't include albums.  Too bad we signed beforehand!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mc2009. Show mc2009's posts

Check out M2 Studios - www.m2studiosphoto.com. I'm using them for my wedding in the summer. They are a pleasure to work with.

Goodluck!

Sections
Shortcuts