Stamps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Stamps

I'm sitting here watching the news while online, and they're saying that the post office isn't releasing any new stamps this year because of the economy & financial issues.

not sure if/how this affects anyone who wants wedding stamps for their invitations this year...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Stamps

The first line is what I believe Laryan is referencing which is "WASHINGTON—Economic woes are forcing the post office to delay release of several new postage stamps scheduled for this year."

I take that to mean they will not be printing the new designs that they came up with and unveiled in Feb 2009. Which is a slight bummer because there were some cute wedding themed ones, like a wedding cake, rings and the king and queen of hearts.

I would assume that by keeping the current images their costs to produce stamps will be lower than if they started making new stamps. The more variety you have the more expensive something is to produce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Stamps

That's weird. Do they mean just no new designs? Like - will they still print American flag stamps with the new price? Or is everyone going to have to use forever stamps?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Stamps

Oh man! I really like the king and queen of hearts. Oh well, I still like the regular green heart stamps. I'm going to just use forever stamps on my response cards since I have no control over when people actually decide to mail them to me. :-)

STupid economy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Stamps

No, it does not REALLY matter. Not even a little bit. Just one of those extra "oh look how pretty that is" touches. Especially for classless brides like me using clear labels. ;-)

p,s. (that was a joke, not trying to start that discussion again)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Stamps

I have always thought some of those "designer" stamps are so boring and silly. What is wrong with the American flag - especially if it is a forever stamp?
    In this ecomomy there is absolutely no need for the government to pay some artist to design a new stamp, have the presses redone and print stamps no one like or care about.
    Many on this wedding board are discussing whether to handwrite envelopes or use clear labels or whatever - and it has been told again and again - that no one cares about the envelopes. So why are we worried about the stamps? Does it really matter? Just my two cents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Stamps

that's funny, I saw a thing on boston.com about the new stamps that they had coming out with the new price increase next month.