The Knot Best of 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BGraham86. Show BGraham86's posts

The Knot Best of 2010

Has anyone used vendors that were listed in the Knot best of weddings 2010? Specifically Photographers & Videographers.

http://wedding.theknot.com/local-wedding-vendors/boston-weddings/articles/best-boston-wedding-vendors-2010.aspx

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: The Knot Best of 2010

I just clicked on the link......looks like they copied the wedding vendors listing out of the phone book.  Who ISN'T listed? 

Also wonder how much they paid to be listed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In the past, some vendors on the list in the Boston area  were ones notorious for bad service, , others for rudeness, and some had serious issues - frequent small claims, BBB complaints, due to sharp and unethical business practices.

I do believe they pay from their advertising budget - either they pay to be listed, or they do enough business in ads and promotions for the knot, or for wedding industry sales, for someone in the industry to nominate them.

It is not any guarantee of quality or service, and nowhere have I ever seen that the knot checks any of these places out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

My caterer is on there: Green Olive Catering
    My wedding isn't until October 2010, but all of our experiences to date with Karen have been fantastic.  She's communicative, responsive, and totally on the ball.  We're very happy so far!

My friends' photographer is on there:  Hitched Studios
    They were our first choice for our own wedding, but alas they were booked.  Still, we spent a lot of time with Tara and Ben during our friends' wedding, and they were awesome.  I loved their photographic style, and their personalities blended well with the couple and their friends.  They captured some truly special moments, and yet somehow I don't even remember them taking pictures.

Lest our photographers think they're second best, I'll give them a shout out:  Pizzutti Studios
    We saw their work at a wedding expo and fell in love immediately.  Their style was everything we loved about Hitched, and we really got along well with Ashley and Rich as people.  We're going to have our engagement shoot in June, so I can report back more in depth then, but as with our caterer, thus far they've been great as far as communication and responsiveness.  Plus they're just really cool people.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BGraham86. Show BGraham86's posts

I’m asking about the photographers and videographers that were chosen as “The Knot Best of Weddings 2010” winners by brides not the 100’s that pay for advertising. Just the ones on the first page of the link I posted (there are about 25 photographers and 25 videographers). Sorry for the confusion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I don't recognize any of the videographers, but there are a few photographers for whom I have seen good reviews:
  7. Bharat Parmar Photography, Stoneham
  8. Island Road Images, Salem
  9. Michael J. Charles Photography, Boston  (expensive)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BGraham86. Show BGraham86's posts

In Response to Re: The Knot Best of 2010:
    I don't recognize any of the videographers, but there are a few photographers for whom I have seen good reviews: Bharat Parmar Photography, Stoneham Island Road Images, Salem Michael J. Charles Photography, Boston  (expensive)
    Posted by framerican51008

Thanks, I will take a look at them. There are just so many online it's hard to know where to start :)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

My friend used True Focus Films for their wedding video and they were fantastic!  She really loved the final video.

www.truefocusfilms.com

Oh, and FYI, vendors cannot pay to be on the Knot Best of 2010 list.  The list is compiled by reviews from brides who are sent a survey after their wedding.  One of my other friends was asked to do the survey.  So I'd say the list is a good place to start!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jvenus. Show jvenus's posts

In Response to The Knot Best of 2010:
    Has anyone used vendors that were listed in the Knot best of weddings 2010? Specifically Photographers & Videographers. http://wedding.theknot.com/local-wedding-vendors/boston-weddings/articles/best-boston-wedding-vendors-2010.aspx Thanks
    Posted by BGraham86

• You have chosen to ignore posts from calsgal. Show calsgal's posts

Also, check out Wedding wire:

And Boston Magazine's Best of Boston:

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

I am using Mike's Music...I got him off that list.  He is wonderful to work with.  He came out to our house for us to interview him and we just met with him yesterday at Indian Pond to go over our lighting design, all on his own time.  He is a very nice guy and his staff is wonderful.  I get quick responses and am so happy we chose him.

I interviewed South Shore Music also, and they were wonderful but Mike's was a better price and we bonded more with Mike during our interview. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Well, none of my vendors are on this list...oh well!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sarabelle1985. Show sarabelle1985's posts

In Response to The Knot Best of 2010:

M2 Studios is on the Knot Best of 2010 List.  My fiance and I met with Catherine and Lisa (sisters) and LOVED them!  They were super friendly, fun, and had BEAUTIFUL photos to show us.  I checked up on their references and past brides were singing their praises so we felt very confident about booking them for our November wedding. Here is their link: http://www.m2studiosphoto.com/

Good luck!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Our photographer was there: Island Road Images (Michael Goderre).   He was fabulous, I can't say anything negative or bad at all.  Not only can he take wonderful photographs, but he also has a great eye when designing the wedding album, which is also important, specially if you get the more modern style of wedding album (which I can't remember what it's called, but the photos are produced right onto the page vs. being placed on the page.)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

Has anyone used Ericson photography out of West Boylston and have any feedback?