Topsfield/Ipswich Weddings during Topsfield Fair?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

I'm getting married in Topsfield and reception in Ipswich during the Topsfield Fair. How bad is the traffic? I drove up there last October and Route 1 was a mess. I think it's best I redirect guests around Route 1 by the Fairgrounds. Anyone have any experience or advice about this?

Willowdale, The Commons, Turner Hill, Castle Hill, Ipswich Country Club...there are a lot of wedding locations up there...

I'm assuming hotels fill up early, too?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I went to the Topsfield Fair two years ago, we were stuck in traffic for about a half hour. I don't know about hotels though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

I've been to the Topsfield fair for the last 5 years and it's usually stand still traffic for at least a mile leading up the parking lots. I think you'll just have to be really clear to your guests to not just put the address in GPS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think it depends where in Topsfield?
    You could have guest take 95N or South to RT 97 in to Topsfield.
    You could have them go RT 128 in to Danvers, Beverly in to Topsfield.
    All would still have traffic might be longer but guests would not be sitting on RT 1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

yeah, last October I drove up there for the first time ever. I was stuck in the same spot for about 20 minutes. I immediately called an emergency wedding planning meeting. We had to change our church from Atown to Topsfield because our reception place is in Ipswich. Man that would have sucked already driving 45 minutes and then being stuck in traffic.

Thanks y'all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vanessa11382. Show Vanessa11382's posts

mmmmm Topsfield fair... Billy's Baked....mmmm German Fries.... mmmmm Kettle corn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[Quote]mmmmm Topsfield fair... Billy's Baked....mmmm German Fries.... mmmmm Kettle corn[/Quote]

lol...vanessa that baby boy is hijacking the message boards! :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kakieran. Show Kakieran's posts

I got married Topsifeld Fair weekend last year. Our ceremony was in North Reading and the reception was at Willowdale. Our directions were a bit roundabout but they avoided the fair. Guests took 128 North and came in the back way. If you want them, let me know and I'll pass them along. It took a bit longer but I figured it was better than guests being held up for a while in fair traffic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]I got married Topsifeld Fair weekend last year. Our ceremony was in North Reading and the reception was at Willowdale. Our directions were a bit roundabout but they avoided the fair. Guests took 128 North and came in the back way. If you want them, let me know and I'll pass them along. It took a bit longer but I figured it was better than guests being held up for a while in fair traffic.[/Quote]

yes please. I was thinking of directing them to Exit 51 off 95N and taking Washington Street the whole way to Main Street. The church is off Main Street on Park Street in Topsfield.

Sections
Shortcuts