Vendor meals at reception

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msjuly. Show msjuly's posts

Vendor meals at reception

Hi - I am getting married on July 25th and I was just asked if I was providing vendor meals at the reception.  I was wondering if anyone provided meals to vendors at their wedding.  My DJ specifically said no meal would be required and the photographer is leaving when the meal is served so I do not think this is necessary for the photographer.  I am also having a band so I didn't know if they would expect a meal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Vendor meals at reception

[QUOTE]Hi - I am getting married on July 25th and I was just asked if I was providing vendor meals at the reception.  I was wondering if anyone provided meals to vendors at their wedding.  My DJ specifically said no meal would be required and the photographer is leaving when the meal is served so I do not think this is necessary for the photographer.  I am also having a band so I didn't know if they would expect a meal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Posted by msjuly[/QUOTE]

Wow, only a week from Saturday!!!  Good luck!  :)

We are providing meals for our vendors.  We only have the DJ and photographer though, so we figured we should.  I don't believe the caterer is charging us the full price for them though.  They also said that they would pack up a meal for them, so they can eat whenever they have a break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I am planning on feeding my photographer, videographer, and dj.  Even if they said no meal is necessary, I think I would add a meal for them, just in case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

We're feeding our photog and DJ, but it sounds like you don't have to if the photog is leaving and the DJ said s/he doesn't need one. It may be a nice gesture if the DJ is working all night for you, though.

The vendor meals are different and our venue is taking care of them; we just tell them how many we need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We fed the DJ, photographer, and photobooth attendant.  It was in our catering contract that vendor meals are included at no additional cost.  Even if you have to pay for them, it should be less than the other meals.

The caterer said they would get the least expensive of the two entrées (chicken), but I did make sure none of them was vegetarian.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I agree with the others. We are feeding vendors. Our venue is charging kids prices for the vendor meals. The caterers are used to this option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrideMeaghan. Show BrideMeaghan's posts

A friend of mine just got married and I am certain that she fed her band.  They ate when the rest of us ate, so that their meal time would not have to cut into the time that they were supposed to play.  From what I can see, providing vendor meals is pretty standard practice.  GL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

You should provide vendor meals if you plan to have them stay through dinner.  Check with your venue to see how much they (should be significantly less) and what they serve.  I just ordered vendor meals for the band we had and the photographer as I felt it was approperiate to have meals for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

We paid for vendor meals for our band, the photographer and the assistant. Our venue had a lower priced meal for them.
    Good luck on your big day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

You may want to check your contracts.  My fiance and I work as wedding videographers and it is in our contract that if we are hired for more than 6 hrs, a meal is required.  That is a long time to be working without any food!  Most venues will provide a scaled down, cheaper meal for the vendors.  We usually eat while they are serving dinner (no one wants to be on video eating anyway!).  If it is not in your contract with the band, I would ask if they need one as a courtesy anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We fed all our vendors [photog and assistant and band].  They ate what our guests ate and I think we paid the full meal price for their meals.  Our venue did not provide separate or special vendor meals.  I believe the contracts for both the photog and band said they needed to be fed and have unlimited, free access to soft drinks and water for the duration. I would have fed them anyway and thought that their requirements were more than reasonable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

we fed photog + assistant, video+assistant, and all band members.  They just got the entree (rather than all 3 courses), so there meals were cheaper.  The meals were in their contracts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

We are feeding ours.  Their price is much less and it is in our contract.  I was told it is right to do so, and I happily olbiged seeing as they are going to be working with us so much that day.  The meals are typically much less.  It will also give them a chance to take a little break while we are eating!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovesparkle. Show lovesparkle's posts

We had to feed the photographer and DJ

Sections
Shortcuts