Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

This is my first post. I am looking for a cake vendor for my wedding next year in March. We have not booked the venue yet, but we are down to two choices: one in Windham NH and the other York Maine.

Can you recommend some budget-friendly cake vendors? We will have about 60 guests and I am hoping for not spending over $200 (I know it is not a lot, but my cake is relatively a simple design.)

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

Try Hippie Chick Bakery.  She is in Southern NH and she is a great baker.  She did a fabulous job with our wedding cake and her prices were quite competitive.
    http://www.hippiechickbakery.com/

...she has a facebook page too with many pictures of her recent work:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kensington-NH/Hippie-Chick-Bakery/121019976507

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

My friend at work was married in NH and she used Cakes By The Lake.  I think she spent around $450 but had about 200 people at her wedding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I used Jacques Pastries, it was included in my package but OMG that cake was so fabulous.  They are in Suncook, NH and I would recommend them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flem26. Show flem26's posts

Fredrick's Pastries in (Bedford and Amherst, NH) always made phenomenal cakes when I used to do wedding hostessing. They made the most amazing almond white cake with raspberry filling. I still think about it to this day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

We didn't use her, but I wish we did. 
    Chickadee Hill Cakes in Sandown, NH was the first place we looked at and didn't realize what a great deal we were getting for such an amazing cake!!  I know she books up quickly because we missed our opportunity.  She had done a really nice cake tasting at Zorvino Vineyards where many couples were invited and we could sample all combinations of her cakes with coffee, tea and live music playing in a beautiful atmosphere - for free!  (this was a bonus)  We even got to take home a lot of cake for family and friends to sample. 
    I really feel we missed the boat, so I hope you find someone you love!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I had a Cakes by Erin cake at a bridal shower recently and thought it was quite good. The design on it was super-cute! She's a relatively small operation but if your cake is simple, you might be a good match for each other. http://www.cakesbyerin.com/

I happen to be crazy about my cake from The Mixing Bowl, but I think it's going to be way outside your budget. But if you want that information, PM me. She doesn't have a website.