Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezesunshine. Show breezesunshine's posts

Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

This is my first post. I am looking for a cake vendor for my wedding next year in March. We have not booked the venue yet, but we are down to two choices: one in Windham NH and the other York Maine.

Can you recommend some budget-friendly cake vendors? We will have about 60 guests and I am hoping for not spending over $200 (I know it is not a lot, but my cake is relatively a simple design.)

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Vendor recommendations needed for wedding cake

Try Hippie Chick Bakery.  She is in Southern NH and she is a great baker.  She did a fabulous job with our wedding cake and her prices were quite competitive.
    http://www.hippiechickbakery.com/

...she has a facebook page too with many pictures of her recent work:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kensington-NH/Hippie-Chick-Bakery/121019976507

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

My friend at work was married in NH and she used Cakes By The Lake.  I think she spent around $450 but had about 200 people at her wedding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I used Jacques Pastries, it was included in my package but OMG that cake was so fabulous.  They are in Suncook, NH and I would recommend them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flem26. Show flem26's posts

Fredrick's Pastries in (Bedford and Amherst, NH) always made phenomenal cakes when I used to do wedding hostessing. They made the most amazing almond white cake with raspberry filling. I still think about it to this day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

We didn't use her, but I wish we did. 
    Chickadee Hill Cakes in Sandown, NH was the first place we looked at and didn't realize what a great deal we were getting for such an amazing cake!!  I know she books up quickly because we missed our opportunity.  She had done a really nice cake tasting at Zorvino Vineyards where many couples were invited and we could sample all combinations of her cakes with coffee, tea and live music playing in a beautiful atmosphere - for free!  (this was a bonus)  We even got to take home a lot of cake for family and friends to sample. 
    I really feel we missed the boat, so I hope you find someone you love!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I had a Cakes by Erin cake at a bridal shower recently and thought it was quite good. The design on it was super-cute! She's a relatively small operation but if your cake is simple, you might be a good match for each other. http://www.cakesbyerin.com/

I happen to be crazy about my cake from The Mixing Bowl, but I think it's going to be way outside your budget. But if you want that information, PM me. She doesn't have a website.

Sections
Shortcuts