VENDOR REVIEWS 12/12/09 Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82274. Show danielle82274's posts

VENDOR REVIEWS 12/12/09 Wedding

HI there,

Here are our reviews, very few issues if any!

VENUE:  Hamilton Hall in Salem, MA.  Tricia Schott, Manager. A+++++
    The prettiest venue with the most accomodating day of coordinator.  Tricia is a pro, she is so helpful and just a real sweetheart.  The venue itself is beautiful.  www.hamiltonhall.org   Accomodates up to about 150 perfectly.  We had our ceremony and reception both at Hamilton Hall and worked beautifully.

CATERER:  On a scale of 1-10 Vinwood is a TWENTY FIVE! A+++++++++++++++
    They are incredible, their food is beyond perfect, their service is so good that they catch your fork before you drop it, they are the best caterer I have ever encountered.  If I could book them to cook me dinner every day, I would.  I am sitting here trying to think of reasons to have parties that they can cater.  They were so attentive, so pleasant, so helpful, I absolutely loved them.

PHOTOGRAPHER:  Amanda Perkins Photography.  A++ I have not seen my proofs yet, but this young lady is the most pleasant, organized, thorough photographer I have seen yet.  She is reasonably priced, has fantastic follow up skills and is just an absolute sweetheart.  www.amandaperkinsphotography.com 

VIDEO:  Rebecca Curtis.  A++ I have not seen the video yet, but again, pleasant, on time, professional, thorough, very reasonably priced ($under 750). 

LIMO:  Ludwig Limo  A+  We used Ludwig "Prom Style" so that we had it 2 hours pre wedding and 2 hours post to shuttle guests back and forth from the venue to the hotel and it worked beautifullyl.  Car was spotless and comfortable, the driver was excellent, pleasant and helpful.

FLOWERS:  Lyndsey Loring   B   This was the vendor we had a few issues with.  We had ordered red pomander balls for the girls to carry, and Lyndsey suggested we use Hydrangeas when we were thinking carnations.  They were pretty, but 2 of the girls bouquets fell apart before they even started walking.  The ribbons that you hold them from broke off, and pieces of hydrangea were falling everywhere.  The brides bouquets were beautiful black magic roses.  We didn't have her do centerpiecse, but we did order mantle swags that she delivered but we couldn't fit them where we wanted them so we ended up paying for nothing. 

HAIR:  Gina Joubert  A   This lady knows hair!!  She is pleasant, on time, and a real hair wiz.  She did 8 girls in less than 4 hours, she is awesome!!

MAKE UP:  Girly Junk  A+  These girls are awesome, funny, friendly, talented, reasonably priced.  Never go with another vendor, these girls are great!

CAKE:  Cakes For Occassions  A+++ AWESOME cake, we had 2 different flavors, chocolate with mocha buttercream and Lemon with Coconut filling, very moist, and delicious.  Decorated to look like a christmas present, just beautifully done. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS 12/12/09 Wedding

Danielle,

Thank you for the honest reviews, especially in regards to the flowers and the cake vendors. 

Your florist was one that we were considering, but that is the second review we've seen that wasn't so great.  Anyway that really helps us in our decision making - we will end up going with another company. 

Also, my mom suggested we stop in at Cakes for Occasions to see if they do cupcakes.  I've read nothing but awesome reviews for them, so I think I will make an appointment to go in there and try their flavors.

Anyway, overall it sounds like you had a really great time.  Congrats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Hi Danielle,

Do you happen to know if Rebecca Curtis has a website where I can pre-view her work?  I'm looking into videographers now and I'd love to see her gallery.

Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Congrats Danielle!  I'm glad your day went so well - thanks for sharing!  If your BM's flowers fell apart before they walked down the aisle, that would definitely be more like a D than a B. 

I had a tasting at Cakes for Occasions and it was really good.  They send me a thank you card after the tasting and a follow up email.  I still havent decided on a cake vendor, but I like the personal touches!  Smile

JDD -  Rebecca's website is http://www.curtisweddings.com/

Just a warning on her...I emailed over the summer..she told me she would save my date and let me know if anyone else was interested in the same date.  Well, I decided to go with her and she said she was sending out the contract.  A few days later, she emailed and said another bride mixed up her date and said 7/19 when she really meant 6/19.  She decided to go with the other girl because it was a friend of a cousin (or something like that).  I totally understand the mix up but the part that upset me was how things ended.  She said her assistant could do the videoing and she would still do the editing.  I asked for a demo with her assistants videoing... she said she would send it out the next day and she never did.  I also emailed her back multiple times and called her to follow up and she never responded.  I just think it was something that could of ended professionally, but instead she decided to ignore it. 

Anyways, I would recommend David Schmitz from Waves.  Once I got David's demo, the quality of videoing seemed very professional.  If your interested, his website is http://www.avwaves.com/ and he may be able to work with you on the prices.  I contracted with him when he was doing a special, so its worth a shot.  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

Dreamer,

How was the pricing at Cakes for Occasions?  Also, did u happen to notice if they do cupcakes?

Tx!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82274. Show danielle82274's posts

I was actually surprised to know that there is a little negotiation with cakes in terms of detail work, price wise.  Our cake was expensive, about $700 for a cake that easily fed 140 people.   It was so tasty though, and looked just fabulous. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Thank you for the info Dreamer!  It was very helpful!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

They definitely do cupcakes. 

As for pricing, it all depends on what route you take.  They walked me thru what I could get with the basic pricing (roses, buttercream) but if you want fancier then it increases the price per slice.

I think FI and I have decided to do a small 2 tier cake for cutting and then having a display of other desserts.  We are having 90 people and including delivery, I wanna say it was either 300 or 400.  I'll check my info when I get home and give you more details on their pricing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

In Response to VENDOR REVIEWS 12/12/09 Wedding:
    [QUOTE]HI there, Here are our reviews, very few issues if any! VENUE:  Hamilton Hall in Salem, MA.  Tricia Schott, Manager. A+++++ The prettiest venue with the most accomodating day of coordinator.  Tricia is a pro, she is so helpful and just a real sweetheart.  The venue itself is beautiful.  www.hamiltonhall.org    Accomodates up to about 150 perfectly. 
    Posted by danielle82274[/QUOTE]

Danielle, would you mind sharing approximately how much it cost to rent Hamilton Hall?  You don't have to put a precise price, but even a range would be helpful.  Thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82274. Show danielle82274's posts

I believe it was $3500, but definitely between $3500 and 4500. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82274. Show danielle82274's posts

FYI, we just got our preview video from Rebecca, a week after our wedding and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really suggest people give her a try!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Glad she worked out for you!!  Smile

Sections
Shortcuts