Vendor Reviews - 2/12/11 wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Vendor Reviews - 2/12/11 wedding

So after planning for just about a year the day has come and gone.  It was a beautiful day for February and everything turned out better then I could have imagined.  The photos were taken by a friend of ours who is not a professional so that will not be graded.  We leave for Hawaii on Wednesday and I can give a review of NCL's Pride of America upon our return if anyone is interested.  Here are the reviews.

Dress Grade:  A

PacificPlex/online vender 
    I had purchased another dress but wasn’t really in love with it.  I had wanted something more Audrey Hepburnish.  I found my dress online for $79.  I ordered it and I fell in love.   

Altertations Grade:  A+
    Siemon’s Fine Tailoring, Cambridge, MA                                               
    Due to a knee injury I was unable to wear my beautiful 4-inch heels so the dress needed to be shortened.  When I finally went to the tailor it was too big and needed additional work.  She was able to do this in a week.  I had 4 inches taken off the bottom, the top taken in and buttons added to the back and it was also taken in at the waist.  

Invitations Grade: A
    Invitations by Dawn/online vendor
    My invitations were bought super early because when I asked for a sample they gave me a coupon.  The quality was awesome and I ordered the invitations I wanted before they went out of stock.  This vendor was so easy to deal with and the invitations came out perfectly and just as I had envisioned.

Tuxes Grade:  B+
    Classic Tuxedo/Woburn, MA
    Out of the three tuxes ordered only the groom’s was right on pick up.  However, they were very quick to fix the pant length on the other two and the men looked great.  Because of their promptness they were given a B+.

Venue Grade:  A-  
    The Village Green, Danvers, MA
    When first booked we were told that we’d be the only wedding and that we would have full use of the entire property until 6pm.  However a week before we were told that there was another reception in the smaller room downstairs an hour after our ceremony started.  It wasn’t a big issue, but we had been counting on taking pictures in that other room.  The service was great, but I felt the buffet could have started a bit sooner than it did.  Everyone raved about the buffet, however, so all in all it was a great find.    

Florist Grade:  A++
    My Personal Florist/Reading, MA
    In the beginning I had trouble finding a florist because it was the Saturday before Valentine’s Day.  The ones I found wanted to triple charge me for roses. I loved loved our flowers.  I had wanted a simple bouqet of roses in shades of cream/beige/ivory and Blue hydrangeas for my MOH and everything was perfect.  We ended up adding centerpieces to our order, so about a month before I asked her to add 12 centerpieces and those too were amazing.  Jody was so easy to deal with and far exceeded my expectations.  I highly recommend her.

DJ Grade:  A+
    DJ Ken Drew/ Millis, MA
    Ken had a great deal when we booked him that we would get $200 off his price.  He was there from our ceremony until the end about 7 hours including set up and break down.  He even brought lights for the dance floor at no additional charge.  We did not want someone that brought props or wigs, but someone that could get the dance floor moving.  Ken did that.  We were very selective with our cocktail/dinner music in that we wanted songs from our favorite musicals.  Ken was great to deal with and everything we wanted played was.  At the end of the night we were surprised to receive several CDs of all the music of the evening.  Ken is a great find and I recommend him greatly. 

Cake Grade:  A
    D’Amici’s / Wakefield, MA
    We had a three layer cake and we also were given a “take home” cake which was a 5 inch round so that the entire cake could be cut at the reception.  We wanted something simple and elegant and no fondant.  I never got them a swatch of the color periwinkle but they got it right.  My FI (now DH) was a little concerned at 3:00 when it wasn’t there yet, but they arrived and it looked and tasted amazing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lisasull79. Show lisasull79's posts

Re: Vendor Reviews - 2/12/11 wedding

Congratulations! Winter weddings are gorgeous.  Have a wonderful time in Hawaii!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Sounds great! I love the Village Green and so few people I know use it! Good choice!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Congrats, Winterbride!  You are SO good, I still haven't posted my reviews and I got married in August!  :)

Glad you were happy with Jody!  She is so super sweet and was a pleasure to work with for me as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Winterbride -  how wonderful that you chose the ONE weekend this season that had no snow!!!!  Sounds like a wonderful day. 

Have a great time in Hawaii, we are all insanely jealous! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

wow- almost all A's! Many congrats to you! Glad it didn't snow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Congrats Winter, you are quicker than me!! Now I know I have to get them up for you ladies!!

Have a wonderful honeymoon!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you everyone.  We got back from Hawaii Sunday afternoon.  It was awesome and gorgeous.  It's defintely a piece of paradise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

where did you go? what was the best thing you ate?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We took the 7-night NCL cruise.  We stayed in Waikiki beach for three nights and then boarded the ship.  The ship sails and disembarks from Honolulu.  It went to Maui, stayed over night there, then went to Hilo on the Big Island, overnight traveled to Kona on the Big Island, overnight it went to Kauai and stayed there over night.  The Arizona Memorial is amazing.

I didn't try any local food as I'm not a fan of Mahi Mahi or poi.  The pineapple as well as the freshly squeezed pineapple juice were the best I've ever had. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats! We went to Hawaii for our HM too and LOVED it! Did you swim with dolphins or anything like that? I think that was my favorite experience!

We stayed on Oahu, but I've heard that Maui and Kauai are beautiful and mostly untouched by people. Ohhh, now I'm jealous and want to go back!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Yes, the Arizona memorial is incredibly moving. Did you go to the volcano national park on the big island?

I have dreams about the pineapple, and the honey, too! I'm not a fish person, either. I was a big fan of the pulled pork.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

Sounds like you had a great wedding and honeymoon! I never ate pineapple until after I came back from a trip to Hawaii! So good!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

WPP...I did not swim with the dolphins in Hawaii, but I did it once in the Bahamas.  Pink, I did go to Volcano National Park and the Thurston lava tubes.  We also saw the sunset on Haleakala Crater...it was so worth getting up at 3am for. I would have to say seeing that sunset 10,000 feet up is an incredible experience. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Congrats, Winter!  This all sounds fabulous. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Vendor Reviews - 2/12/11 wedding:
    [QUOTE]WPP...I did not swim with the dolphins in Hawaii, but I did it once in the Bahamas.  Pink, I did go to Volcano National Park and the Thurston lava tubes.  We also saw the sunset on Haleakala Crater...it was so worth getting up at 3am for. I would have to say seeing that sunset 10,000 feet up is an incredible experience. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

that sounds amazing! you're a champ getting up at 3am and going for a hike!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pink
    It wasn't really a hike..the buses take you right there.  I had to have ACL/MCL surgery in December so I couldn't hike too much.  I did do Diamond Head on day three...that pretty much limited my knee activites for the rest of the trip.  I also couldn't wear my beautiful 4-inch heels, but got cute little ballet slippers.

FYI I posted 6 pictures in the March Confidential Chat.

Sections
Shortcuts