Vendor Reviews- 6.5.10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82. Show danielle82's posts

Vendor Reviews- 6.5.10

I found these so helpful when I was planning my wedding so I want to post for other brides. Hope these help! I really loved all of my vendors.  

Reception- Omni Parker House, Boston, MA

They did a great job! I fell in love with the history and the beauty of the place and the ballroom is breathtaking. It’s on its own floor and has a great view. We saw a lot of reception places before deciding and the Omni had a pretty competitive package- they’re upfront about extra fees and the taxes and gratuities are included in the quoted price which is nice. The hotel is great and you can’t beat the location for out of town guests.  The whole hotel treated our guests well and although the rooms are small, they’re comfortable with all the amenities. And we had the most beautiful suite! That night, the staff was amazing-waiters, bartenders, valet staff--  they’re older and extremely professional and have been there for years (not a bunch of Summer help). My coordinator, Alison, was so calm, sweet and really helpful. She and Elaine helped everything run smoothly and even made sure we had a chance to eat- the food was awesome! They accommodated all of my requests. It was everything I wanted and more!!

Photographer- Russell Caron Photography

I posted this already, but he was so amazing I’m going to post it again!

uss and Stacia from Russell Caron Photography went above and beyond in every way! From our first meeting, to our engagement shoot to the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, Russ’ quick responses, expert advice and utmost professionalism made this part of wedding planning effortless and fun. He worked with our budget and we were able to get everything we were looking for (second shooter, engagement photos, rehearsal dinner coverage, bride & groom getting ready, etc.). During the ceremony and reception he was unobtrusive but always got the shot. During the wedding, before anyone saw any pictures, several people approached us and commented on how great the photographer was. That’s still what we’re getting the most compliments on. Most importantly, his passion for what he does showed in the incredible photos he took. I cried looking at them and still can’t believe that these are my wedding pictures! He captured every detail and the emotion of the day perfectly. From the more traditional shots (that my parents wanted) to the more photojournalistic/artistic shots (that we wanted), every picture was creative, original and absolutely beautiful! We got amazing daytime and nighttime city shots throughout Boston! He really brought the city to life around us and captured what we love about Boston in our pictures. And two weeks later we had all 1650 images and he’s already working on the album!!! I wholeheartedly recommend him without hesitation (and have already recommended him to several engaged friends!). He was by far the best vendor we worked with throughout the process. Send me a message and I can share my pictures.

Cake- Icing on the Cake, Newton, MA

Our cake was included in the cost of the reception and we had two options (Montillios and Icing on the Cake). Icing on the Cake blew us away! The process was SO easy. We met with the owner and she took our ideas and designed us the perfect cake. They called us a week before to confirm everything. On wedding day, the cake was beautiful and more importantly it tasted fabulous (we did amaretto filling). The guests raved about it. Icing on the Cake was wonderful and I'd recommend them to everyone. I can't wait till our 1st anniversary because we get a free cake!

Hair and Makeup- Demiche, Melrose MA
    Michele and her team from Demiche did my hair and makeup and hair and makeup for my 7 bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law. They came to the house which was soooo much more relaxing on wedding morning than going to a salon. Michele always answered my emails quickly and they were on time on wedding day- which was very important when all those people had to be done by noon! They were great! Professional, but at the same time really sweet and friendly. They made my mother (who had never had her hair or makeup done) feel extremely comfortable. And most important of all, I LOVED the way my hair and makeup turned out!! It was classy, elegant, and stayed in place from 10am to midnight! Everyone looked beautiful and everyone was happy! I would highly recommend them to others (in fact, one of my bridesmaids is using them for her upcoming wedding).

Dress, Bridesmaids dresses- Precious Memories, Malden, MA
    I got my weddign dress, jewelry, alterations, and bridesmaids dresses here. The dresses, accessories and alterations at Precious Memories are beautiful and everything in the store is reasonably priced but the quality is fabulous. I LOVED my dress. More importantly, the staff was beyond wonderful to work with. They worked around my families schedule (they were out of town) to set up appointments. They actually recognized me when I came in and seemed genuinely excited for my day. I think for brides on a budget that are considering David's Bridal - DON'T!! You can get better quality, better service for the same price here. Joyce and her staff were amazing and made the dress process effortless.

Tuxes- Russo's Tux, Chelsea MA
    Great job. My fiance got a free rental and free suit (because we ordered 13 tuxes). They were more personal than the chains and when my dad's jacket was too big they fixed it on wedding day!

Limo- Russo's Limo, Chelsea, MA
    We got the large hummer limo. It was reasonably priced (included tip and no hidden fees), clean, and showed up early. The driver was really friendly, professional, and even helped with my dress before I went down the aisle. He took us around Boston for pictures. I would highly recommend them. 

Transportation- Local Motion

We got a giant bus and smaller coach bus for our guests. They were great to work with and don’t require a deposit so I was able to get what I needed way in advance and make last minute changes without any penalties. And the price was so great. The coach was supposed to make a stop with other guests and then come pick up my parents before the church and didn’t, but luckily they were able to fit them in the limo. But other than that it was fine. I’d recommend this company, especially if the requests aren’t too detailed.

Flowers- Orchids N’ Blooms

You definitely can’t beat them- especially for the price. They centerpieces were lush and I was able to get big tall centerpieces on a budget. My bouquet was beautiful and just what I wanted! They were always responsive. They had to make a last minute substitution and used carnations (which I had said I hated) so I liked my mock-up more than the final product, but I didn’t care that day and the room looked great!

Jewelry - Adamas Jewelers in Newton, MA
    This jeweler was FANTASTIC! My engagement ring is beautiful and my fiance said he made the process clear and easy. When we went back, he helped us design the bands and they came out beautifully. He worked with our budget. I'd recommend them to anyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle82. Show danielle82's posts

Re: Vendor Reviews- 6.5.10

Hmm... Well we went with the larger "combo" appetizer instead of the soup and salad to get through dinner and start the dancing sooner. I'm guessing dinner was about an hour but I'm not sure of the exact time. It definitely felt like we had plenty of time for dancing! They were great about getting all the food out quickly- no tables were waiting or anything. I just can't say enough about the staff there :)
    Good luck with your wedding!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

Re: Vendor Reviews- 6.5.10

congrats danielle!!  sounds like a wonderful day!!

Sections
Shortcuts