Venue ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Venue ideas

So click on the "Family Venue Drama" for back story...

My FI and I are trying to look for the non-traditonal venue.  That's why we liked the restaurant L'andana so much.  Although it works for most weddings, I would like to stay away from the "function room" look.  I want a place that has character and has modern features.  Most of the places I'm lookin at online all have outdated carpeting, curtains and chairs.  I want a clean and elegant look, but all within budget.  My FMIL also said that we can not have any tents. 

I'm looking for a venue that is:
    - Affordable
    - Can hold up to 140 people
    - Modern and updated look
    - Where I can have the ceremony and reception all on-site
    - Fully handicapped accessible (a walker and 200 pound wheelchair)
    - Within an hour or two from Boston

Don't tell me that a place like this doesn't exsist because I found it in L'andana.  If I can get any help and find anything that compares to value and price I will definitely consider changing to something else.  Thank you for all of your help so far everyone!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Venue ideas

I am getting married at the museum of science, completely handicap accessible.  They have a ball room that was too small for my 200 ppl, but it over looks the charles river and the sky line.  The prices are reasonable for Boston.    
     I also looked at Venezia in Dorchester, again it is a ballroom, but it is new and has an updated feel.  
    I'll keep thinking because I looked everywhere too!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

What about the Sapphire Estate in Sharon??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Here are some pictures....

Thee website provides a TON more photos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: Venue ideas:
    Here are some pictures.... Thee website provides a TON more photos.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

ooooh that place is gorgeous!! Why didn't I look there?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

It is really nice....I would have had my wedding there, but we really wanted ours in the Newton/Watertown area. My very first friend to ever get married had her wedding there in August of 2007 and it was beautiful!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Haha...I have a meeting with Saphire Estate on Sunday morning and I have a meeting with their sister place, The Villa at Ridder Country Club, on Wednesday night.  I'm really hoping the pricing fits and that the place looks as good as their pictures.
    I'm also looking into Indian Pond Country Club and 33 Restaurant and Lounge in Boston.
    Hopefully something good will come out of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

I have  a friend who is having her wedding at the Villa/Ridder this summer- so far she has no complaints.  It's kind of "out of the way" but I don't think that is a bad thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Haha...I have a meeting with Saphire Estate on Sunday morning and I have a meeting with their sister place, The Villa at Ridder Country Club, on Wednesday night.  I'm really hoping the pricing fits and that the place looks as good as their pictures. I'm also looking into Indian Pond Country Club and 33 Restaurant and Lounge in Boston. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
    Posted by jdd01

As far as I can tell the pricing is pretty reasonable if you don't get a full out open bar. And yes the pictures do justice, the place looks exactly the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi JDD,
    We had our ceremony & reception at Brookmeadow Country Club in Canton, MA.  I didn't suggest it before because it isn't as modern looking as L'Andana - but if you're interested in Saphire Manor, you might be interested in this too.  It fit our budget, but the decor was so much better than the other places that fit our budget.  Just very simple and neutral and airy with sky lights and a veranda.

www.brookmeadowgolf.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Hi JDD, We had our ceremony & reception at Brookmeadow Country Club in Canton, MA.  I didn't suggest it before because it isn't as modern looking as L'Andand - but if you're interested in Saphire Manor, you might be interested in this too.  It fit our budget, but the decor was so much better than the other places that fit our budget.  Just very simple and neutral and airy with sky lights and a veranda. www.brookmeadowgolf.com
    Posted by framerican51008

I was going to suggest Brookmeadow, but had no idea the pricing. I am in a wedding there in August, and my friend, the bride, has brought me through it. It is really nice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovesparkle. Show lovesparkle's posts

I saw something about the CRI Rowing place now doing weddings in an article. It looked really modern!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Have you checked out Springstep in Malden, MA?  I heard about it on this board and it looks very modern and sleek. 

http://www.springstep.org/?q=facility/phototour

PS.  Is L'Andana totally out then?  I just found that restaurant and the food was so good!  I'm sorry you guys are having a hard time finding a place that works for everone!  Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

I just had a friend get married at Upstairs on the Square in Harvard Square.  Very pretty, absolutely unique.  Not sure about capacity though...

and
    and

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

I actually booked a new venue this weekend!!!

We are doing it at The Villa at Ridder Country Club in East Bridgewater, Ma.
    http://www.villaevents.com/

We have all of our bases covered and everyone is happy.  It was a drama filled couple of weeks there, but we have all happily moved on and are back to our old selves again.  I'll be joining my FI's entire family this weekend in Long Island for their family reunion and I'm excited to tell everyone the great news.

We are still keeping L'Andana as an option for a bridal shower for now.  Best of both worlds!

Thank you for all your help ladies!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Oh and Sept2010Bride...The Villa is owned by the same family as Saphire Estate.  Saphire was nice, but our whole family loved The Villa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Glad it all worked out!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

the Exchange Conference Center in downtown Boston on the Harbor is the perfect fit for what you are describing.  We were married there a few weeks ago and I give it an A++ for view, food and service.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Try Castleton in Windham, NH.  My sister had her wedding reception there and it was lovely.  It should be w/in your pricepoint and you can have the wedding on the grounds. 

Sections
Shortcuts