Videographer Rave + General Note :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Videographer Rave + General Note :)

My husband and I got our wedding video yesterday from Revel Video (www.revelvideo.com), and I wanted to say that we were really happy with his work.  I promised to update this review once we received the final product, so there it is.  :)  He was very professional and unobtrusive on the day of, which was super important to us.  He did a beautiful job editing a short "highlight" video which is posted online, so that we can share it with our friends and family.  I highly recommend him to any brides looking for a videographer.  His pricing is quite competitive too.

A couple more general notes--if you are uncertain about hiring a videographer, I would encourage you to do it.  Somehow the video captures the emotional intensity of the day in a very different way than the photos.  I was definitely on the fence about this at first, but my mother-in-law strongly encouraged us, and it's one decision I am thankful for.

Also, if you are hiring a videographer, I would suggest you look for one who produces a short highlight video.  It is a nice way to share the memory with people who don't have interest in a full hour long viewing, but can spare 5-10 minutes to see the key moments and hear the vows.  I have had several guests, who probably will never see the full length video, email me today and tell me how beautiful and moving the highlight video was.

Anyway, we spent a long time on the whole videographer search, because we had a lot of trouble finding someone who had what we were looking for: focus on a super unobtrusive style, good value, professional and entertaining finished product, not too many cheesy special effects...  I think we interviewed more videographers than any other category of vendor.  But anyhow, it paid off in the end, so I wanted to share my experience.  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Re: Videographer Rave + General Note :)

Jasmine - how cool!  Congrats!  We didn't hire a videographer, but had some friends take videos.  They are fun to watch, but these friends all have small children and dont' have time edit the videos down or anything, so we get the raw footage - which is still very cool!  If I had to do it again, I might have hired a professional.  I agree with you that it provides a different perspective on the day than photos do. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Hey Heather-
    That's great that you got some video footage.  Video editing is a lot of work, from the little I understand.  Even just a few unedited important moments on video are nice to have though, I think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Thanks for the update Jasmine!  I do wish I had gotten a videographer....my one regret.