WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM

Sorry, Big Brother, I will not say I see three fingers when you're only holding up two.
    Explaining anything to you is an exercise in fultility, you are obtuse.

In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM:
    In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM : HAHAHA Wow...has nothing to do with narrow minded. You came up with your super wonderful solution, yet, did not explain a plan to carry it out. Explain how you would carry out everything I said along with your phone book espisode and make i work. I am waiting for a reasonable response. Instead, you say shut up, because you cant do it. It's like saying you work for a non profit and need to fund raise to come up with $500k, and not creating a plan to cary out how you will do it. Having an idea is one thing, now state how you would implement it and keep the night running smooth...if you cannot do that, then yes, your solution is NOT plausible.
    Posted by Missy509

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

name calling. classy. maybe you stick up for those who swear at others and are completely classless because you are one of them. makes so much sense as to why you would cater to someone like that, as opposed to a well behaved customer. I get it now. silly me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I do not defend their behavior, I have not, and never will.
    I also never said I wouldn't help a well behaved customer. I would most certainly do so. I said I would help ANY customer.
    Inclusive, not exclusive.
    You are obtuse because you cannot grasp this concept. It's not name-calling, it's fact.

You are one of those who gets so caught up in pitching your own fit that you refuse to hear the other side.
    At least I was honest in saying that it was ridiculous for you to try and convince me that I cannot help a rude customer if I find it is in my interest to do so (and I most certainly do.)
    Yet, you try in vain to convince me otherwise. You cannot.
    You are obtuse for not understanding that. This is a fact.

Why will you not let it go? Does it really mean so much to you?
    Can you not agree to disagree, as I have?

name calling. classy. maybe you stick up for those who swear at others and are completely classless because you are one of them. makes so much sense as to why you would cater to someone like that, as opposed to a well behaved customer. I get it now. silly me.
    Posted by Missy509

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emugoesnaa. Show emugoesnaa's posts

PINK..... STOP!!  PLEASE!!  You are making yourself sound even more lame and up-your-own-ass than the original poster!!  The funniest thing about the whole BBB... is that THEY WONT GIVE A FLYING CRAPOLLA!!  As far as how she was treated by the management, it sounds like they gave her the treatment deserving of how she treated them.  I work in a customer service field, and have for many years... Customers can get upset and voice their displeasure, but I would be damned if I let some misinformed snotnose throw a fit at me for whatever reason.  When a customer starts swearing or getting pushy telling me what they expect me to do for them, thats where I take the gloves off (Figuratively of course) and let the person know how things work in the real world for people that feel entitled. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I have tried to stop several times. Missy just won't let it go.

I would be damned before I let some rude customer get to me and make me lose my cool and shirk my responsibilites.
    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of thinking their name-calling or yelling actually hurt my feelings or upset me. It does not. I couldn't care less how they choose to act.
    I'm not interested in trying to teach people lessons. I'm not their parent, teacher or trainer. In most cases it's futile to try and so anyways. So, I save my time and energy. If you want to waste your time and energy trying to re-program adults that are already hard-wired to act the way they do,t hat's your business.
    All I'm interested in is doing my job, and doing it to the best of my abilites. I don't let co-workers, customers, friends, relatives or personal feelings get in the way of that.
    If you choose to do otherwise, that's your choice.

PINK..... STOP!!  PLEASE!!  You are making yourself sound even more lame and up-your-own-ass than the original poster!!  The funniest thing about the whole BBB... is that THEY WONT GIVE A FLYING CRAPOLLA!!  As far as how she was treated by the management, it sounds like they gave her the treatment deserving of how she treated them.  I work in a customer service field, and have for many years... Customers can get upset and voice their displeasure, but I would be damned if I let some misinformed snotnose throw a fit at me for whatever reason.  When a customer starts swearing or getting pushy telling me what they expect me to do for them, thats where I take the gloves off (Figuratively of course) and let the person know how things work in the real world for people that feel entitled. 
    Posted by emugoesnaa

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

So, I save my time and energy. If you want to waste your time and energy trying to re-program adults that are already hard-wired to act the way they do,t hat's your business. In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM :
    Posted by pinkkittie18

EXACTLY!!! You do not want to waste your time and engery telling someone that their behavior is unacceptable, that they may not speak to you or any member of your staff by raising their voice or using profanity. You would rather shut them up and give them whatever it is they want just to get them out of your hair. That is not proper customer service. It is not appropriate to allow someone to return a shaws brand product to stop and shop just because they yell at you, swear at you, or cause a scene and you are too weak to tell them that they can only return a product bought from stop and shop to stop and shop. You are too weak to tell the rude custmer that they will not skip the one hour wait if their name is not on the list. You would rather seat them just to get them out of your hair. Nice.

No one ever said that if a customer is swearing at you that you have to swear back. However, it is not customer service to give a jerk whatever they want because they swore at you. That is preferential treatment. That reinforces negative behavior. It says that if someone comes to your place of business and degrades the staff, they will receive whatever they want. Awesome. Just awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

All I'm interested in is doing my job, and doing it to the best of my abilites. I don't let co-workers, customers, friends, relatives or personal feelings get in the way of that. If you choose to do otherwise, that's your choice. In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM :
    Posted by pinkkittie18

You do let others affect you. If you werent so intimidated by the yelling customer that you give them whatever they want just so they shut up and get out of your face, you would tell them their behavior is not appropriate and the matter will not be discussed until they act in a civil manner. But, because you let them get to you, you do whatever they say. If they didnt have an affect on you, you would calmly tell them they will not receive service until they are calm and respectful. But you dont.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Whatever, you have not read a single thing I've posted. I talked about calming them down first, I've talked about giving the same treatment to all customers. I've talked about how Sephora's return policy was and how it never resulted in yelling or swearing. You're putting words in my mouth, exaggerating, and telling me I'd do xyz when that's just not the way things are. You do not know me. You have no idea how I would act in any given situation, to argue otherwise is ridiculous, yet since page 5 your posts have only consisted of you demanding I give you an essay response on how I would react in a certain situation. It's impossible because my reaction in ANY given situation relies heavily on circumstatial details, and it's pointless because I have no cause or reason to answer your hypothetical scenario questions.
    It's clear it's silly and pointless for me to argue my points any further, and it's silly and pointless for you to argue yours any further.
    I've talked about how I'm not initmidated or flustered by their yelling. I've talked about how company policy comes before how I feel a customer should be treated. But it doesn't even matter. It's stupid to keep talking about this.
    I really don't care anymore. It's incredible to me that you do. I'm sorry that you do. I regret ever posting on this thread to begin with, as what it's turned into is just so bizarre.
    It doesn't even matter. I will continue to believe as I do, you will continue to believe as you do. I've made that clear from the get-go, so I don't see what you're still going on about.
    Please stop. I don't care. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Okay? Agree to disagree.

Please do not respond with some silly tirade about how I would do x in y situation. It's become tedious. I really have no interest in arguing this any further, not because I cannot or because my postion is changed, but because it's not worth my time or energy. It's clear you feel very strongly about your position on this and that I cannot dissuade you, that's fine. I won't anymore. Please return the favor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

p.s. it's pretty ironic that you say that I should not respond to another person's unreasonable demands and yet you demand, unreasonably, I answer your ridiculous and sarcastic hypothetical scenarios.
    Luckily for me I am not your cutomer service rep and you are not my customer, so I am not duty-bound to try and respond to any demands or requests from you whatsoever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

p.s. it's pretty ironic that you say that I should not respond to another person's unreasonable demands and yet you demand, unreasonably, I answer your ridiculous and sarcastic hypothetical scenarios. Posted by pinkkittie18

There is nothing hypothetical about it. This situation happens all the time in restaraunts. Before you act all high and mighty and all knowing, work in one and see firsthand, before you assume that this situation never happens. You are only making an A S S out of yourself by saying it does not happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

Wow, I hesitate to add anything to this lengthy (albeit entertaining) thread, but I just feel compelled to point out on thing: it's an improv troupe, not a restaurant or a retail operation. Improv means they make it up as they go along and hopefully it's funny. They are not part of the bridal industry, they are in the business of flying by the seat of their pants. They probably have a very small, overworked business staff of one or two people (who are most likely doing it because they love Improv comedy, not with the goal of being a  well- oiled customer service machine). I could be wrong, but I firmly believe that the original poster simply bought a block of tickets to a show and that's all. I don't see any indication on their website or in her post that she was promised, paid for, or that it was implied that she would be incorporated into the show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wow, I hesitate to add anything to this lengthy (albeit entertaining) thread, but I just feel compelled to point out on thing: it's an improv troupe, not a restaurant or a retail operation. Improv means they make it up as they go along and hopefully it's funny. They are not part of the bridal industry, they are in the business of flying by the seat of their pants. They probably have a very small, overworked business staff of one or two people (who are most likely doing it because they love Improv comedy, not with the goal of being a  well- oiled customer service machine). I could be wrong, but I firmly believe that the original poster simply bought a block of tickets to a show and that's all. I don't see any indication on their website or in her post that she was promised, paid for, or that it was implied that she would be incorporated into the show.
    Posted by bleeble

agreed. she even says she hoped for the chance to get  a skit in her very first post. she acted like a spoiled baby having a temper tantrum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Someone should really change the subject.  So how do you all feel about tanning beds?  Wait, nevermind...bad idea.

; ) Pink I really hope this makes you laugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

What part of agree to disagree to you not understand?
    WHat part of let it go and please stop do you not understand?
    I have worked in a restaurant. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying I don't want to answer your hypothetical questions because they are OT and they really don't matter. What doesn't happen is the way you describe me racting in those situations. There's a lot of variables going on in a situation like that and so a single reaction isn't going to work in every single instance.

And who's classy now with the name calling?
    AT LEAST I DIDN'T SWEAR AT YOU! You know, like how you've been going on for 7 pages about how someone swearing at you is like the worst thing ever?
    You, who was so high and mighty about how there's no excuse for swearing?
    You've shown your true colors now.

In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM : There is nothing hypothetical about it. This situation happens all the time in restaraunts. Before you act all high and mighty and all knowing, work in one and see firsthand, before you assume that this situation never happens. You are only making an A S S out of yourself by saying it does not happen.
    Posted by Missy509

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Tanning beds = bad

Spray tanning = good

Airbrush tanning = great

Anything to help make this argument end = priceless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

This argument is going NOWHERE girls, seriously just stop....

It's getting really old. One of you just needs to stop responding to the post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

I'm a little out of the loop on the tanning thing (assuming I missed a doozy of a thread on this subject?) but if anyone actually is interested in spray tanning... I just had a really great experience and Perfect Tan in Allston with the airbrush tanning. I am PALE and it was natural as could be and no streaking... WAY better than Mystic. The only thing I didn't like was that my hands didn't look great but oh well. I got so many compliments! It was $35 or they have a package of 3/$70.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I've heard good things about Perfect Tan. $35 is a great deal! Most DIY spray tans that actually look good are $28.
    How long do the results last?

I'm a little out of the loop on the tanning thing (assuming I missed a doozy of a thread on this subject?) but if anyone actually is interested in spray tanning... I just had a really great experience and Perfect Tan in Allston with the airbrush tanning. I am PALE and it was natural as could be and no streaking... WAY better than Mystic. The only thing I didn't like was that my hands didn't look great but oh well. I got so many compliments! It was $35 or they have a package of 3/$70.
    Posted by TheLongestTime

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I'm only on page 3 of this post (I think it will take me all day to catch up, if I don't get bored of the same arguments going back and forth and back and forth for 5 more pages), but don't many businesses have that "we have the right to deny service" thing?  Or is that only restaurants?

I think any business has the right to deny service, or refund money if the person has already paid, to any abusive "customer." 

I can understand the OP's disappointment/frustration and her expression of it (I remember I was once visiting Buffalo, NY in the middle of an extreme heat wave and there were no iced coffees anywhere, and on the ride home there was a rest area with a DD and when I ordered an iced coffee the woman pushed down on the lever thing and only drops came out... they were all out.  I hate to admit it, but I said, loudly, "you're f-ing kidding me!"  I was so embarassed by my reaction I left without getting anything.  so I can understand having a reaction like that), but I also don't think a business should have to serve that person.  Just like in my job (i work for the state, so you might say taxes pay me for my services) my boss made it very clear that I do not have to speak to anyone on the phone who is abusive. 

I can't believe I just added to this already exhausted thread!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheLongestTime. Show TheLongestTime's posts

They told me it would last about a week, which I guess is true but I would say it looked really good for 4 days and then faded the next few. It suited my purposes though, I had it done for a wedding I was in.

I've heard good things about Perfect Tan. $35 is a great deal! Most DIY spray tans that actually look good are $28. How long do the results last? In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM :
    Posted by pinkkittie18

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

good to know, thanks!

In Response to Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM : They told me it would last about a week, which I guess is true but I would say it looked really good for 4 days and then faded the next few. It suited my purposes though, I had it done for a wedding I was in.
    Posted by TheLongestTime

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Um, I would have already had a sweet tan by now, but mother nature totally EFFED it all up for me!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

I have read only 10% of this thread - but the fact that Missy is still getting people all fired up is hilarious!!  Hahaha, brings back memories of these boards when I was planning my wedding back in the spring of 2007! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flynne. Show Flynne's posts

Wow, this was awesome.  How could I have stayed away from these boards for so long? 

Sections
Shortcuts