WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: WARNING- IMPROV ASYLUM

If you complained about bad service and got attitude in response, wouldn't you be upset?
    You're being holier than thou
    "I'm better than you because I wouldn't be upset about that"
    Well good for you!
    Ugh!

[QUOTE]Pinkie, nobody ever said that she can't complain to the BBB.  Many of us, including myself, just didn't feel that this situation called for that.  We're entitled to our opinions just as you are.  We aren't being b*tchy; we're being honest.  Trust me, I never hold back when it comes to complaining about bad service, I just don't think it was necessary in this situation.  If it were me, I'd say "oh well," and forget about it.  In the grand scheme of things, I just don't think it's a big deal.  That's my opinion.  I'm fine with it if other people feel differently. I also don't think the Improv Asylum should have to alert anyone about the skits.  They don't promise them to anyone.  It's the party planner's responsibility to get all the details prior to booking something like this.  You can never just assume that you're going to get what you want without asking for it and making the necessary arrangements.
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]If you complained about bad service and got attitude in response, wouldn't you be upset? You're being holier than thou "I'm better than you because I wouldn't be upset about that" Well good for you! Ugh!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

When I complain about bad service, I do it calmly and respectfully.  I wouldn't swear at the individual working there because I was upset about the service I received.  It's inappropriate and unacceptable.  If I swore at someone, I would expect them to be rude right back. 

And WOW you're really putting words in people's mouths today!  I never said I was better than anybody, or did I have a "holier than thou" attitude.  I just fail to see why this is such a big deal.  I gave my opinion.  Just like everyone else does.  In every thread.  Every single day.  Relax.  Since when have we not been able to respectfully disagree here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Then they should let you know that. If her MOH said "It's a bachelorette party." the customer service rep should have said "We can't make any promises that you will get any special services because fo that." if that were the case.
    Because there was another party there, and they got a skit, that would seem unfair to me, if I had been in Summer's shoes. What avenues I took to complain about it would depend on how much I had been looking forward to this skit.
    If she's complaining to the BBB, that's her business and you shouldn't chastise her for it. It's up to the BBB to say if her complaints need mediation or not.

All I'm saying is, venting on these boards is a normal thing. We shouldn't pile on Summer just because we wouldn't do the same if we were in her shoes. She was just trying to give us a heads up about the skit situation at Improv Asylum. That's a plenty good reason to post.
    Now anyone who was planning a bach party there knows they must request a skit explicitly.

[QUOTE]BTW, I've been to the Improv Asylum when they had bachelorette parties there [I wasn't there for one] and other times when they just pulled some random person out of the audience.  You just buy a regular ticket at the door or in advance.  It's not a special bacherlorette party ticket.  You don't get a special show b/c it's a bachelorette party.  They just pick someone from the bachelorette party to do the skit that, on nights when there is no B party, they would otherwise just pick a random person out of the audience.  This could be why I'm having a hard time understanding the 'special services' portion of some of the replies. You are there for a regular show, but they make an effort to pick the bachelorette out of the audience to do their volunteer skit rather than just picking someone at random.
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I get your vent, but the BBB is a bit extreme.  You didn't pay extra for this service, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but going as far as calling this girl a "bridezilla" was uncalled for.  It's easier being on the outside looking in, but no one knows how he/she would handle this situation if it had happened to them.

She and her friends did pay for the "skit" service, which wasn't fulfilled.  I think anyone who paid for something that wasn't recieved would be angry, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The first few replies to this thread did not respectfully disagree. They were very disrespectful fo the OP.

And like I said before, just because a customer swears, yells or insults while complaining does not make it okay for the rep to give them attitude. When handling complaints, this is how some people complain. If you don't like it, the don't be a customer service rep.
    If you are a customer service rep and someone swears at you, all you do is reply calmy "I'm sorry you are upset, but there's no need for coarse language. What can I do to make this right for you?" and you say that with a sincere expression and tone. I've done it a million times, it's not that hard. The person isn't mad at you, they're mad at the situation, and once you realize that and can externalize the swearing and insults, you don't bat an eye at it. You let it roll off your back and act professionally, because it's your job.

And the woman who gave her attitude was not he one she swore at. She told the corporate woman she apologized for her behavior, but that she had been upset. That make the woman from IA corporate even more in the wrong for giving her attitude.

And what if on another thread where someone complained about rude staff at a bridal salon, or wahtever, and I said "I don't see why it's big deal"? It wouldn't be very nice of me.
    Because to that poster it IS a big deal, and that's all that business should care about.

If brides can't come on here with their problems and air their grievences, then what's the point of this board anyways?

[QUOTE]When I complain about bad service, I do it calmly and respectfully.  I wouldn't swear at the individual working there because I was upset about the service I received.  It's inappropriate and unacceptable.  If I swore at someone, I would expect them to be rude right back.  And WOW you're really putting words in people's mouths today!  I never said I was better than anybody, or did I have a "holier than thou" attitude.  I just fail to see why this is such a big deal.  I gave my opinion.  Just like everyone else does.  In every thread.  Every single day.  Relax.  Since when have we not been able to respectfully disagree here?
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I don't understand why you are chastising me and others for saying that we think complaining to the BBB is a bit extreme.  FWIW, I never "chastised" her for it; I said I didn't see the point and thought she was being a bit overly dramatic.  You are in an awful tizzy over this one.  Did you have a bad experience at the Improv Asylum at some point in time? 

Btw, when you wrote IA in an earlier post, I immediately thought 'internal affairs' and couldn't understand why someone would be complaining to internal affairs about a comedy club, so you made me laugh anyway.  Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

No, I've never been tot he IA, I just thought that picking on the OP after she had a terrible experience with IA and their customer service is just pouring salt in a wound.
    Have any of you ever gotten over something just because some said "Get over it.", or did it just make you more upset?
    Emotions aren't lights and you can't switch them off when someone tells you to.

I can see why OP is upset and now you've all b*tched her off the boards for complaining. I don't get it. We've all complained or vented on here, I thought that was okay to do.

Like I said, if you try resolving your issue with the business and fail because their customer service is poor, as it was in this case, the BBB is your next step.

I realize you and the other ladies cannot grasp why OP is upset, but that doesn't make her feelings invalid or unimportant.
    Whether her complaint is valid or important is up to the BBB to decide. Just as I wouldn't go to the BBB because a hair was in my soup and the waiter didn't care, another person might. I wouldn't tell that person to get over it, I'd understand why they were upset, even if I wouldn't be in their case.

and yeah, I got really sick of writing out IA, so I figured I'd substitute :)

[QUOTE]I don't understand why you are chastising me and others for saying that we think complaining to the BBB is a bit extreme.  FWIW, I never "chastised" her for it; I said I didn't see the point and thought she was being a bit overly dramatic.  You are in an awful tizzy over this one.  Did you have a bad experience at the Improv Asylum at some point in time?  Btw, when you wrote IA in an earlier post, I immediately thought 'internal affairs' and couldn't understand why someone would be complaining to internal affairs about a comedy club, so you made me laugh anyway. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Pink, I understand what you're saying; some posts were disrespectful to the OP.  None of mine were.  I did not insult or disrespect her in any way.  I simply said that I thought it wasn't as big a deal as she made it out to be, that she may be overreacting by contacting the BBB, and that she should try to focus on the positives and make the night a good memory.

However, when you told me I was being "holier than thou" and that I thought I was better than someone else, that was also inappropriate based on my posts.  I just found it odd that you were so quick to jump on everyone for being rude to the OP, and then you were rude to me when I didn't deserve it.  I'm not offended at all, but practice what you preach! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I agree with you kmt09.  Although, I would be angry and upset, I wouldn't swear at anyone else regarding a service.  That is just the ammunition some need to begin their own rants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Sorry, but IMO by saying "I don't see what the big deal is" is saying "I don't understand why you're upset because I wouldn't be upset if I were in your shoes."
    It's dismissive. I don't think it's very nice. You also said that the other posters were being honest and telling OP that she was out of line. OP wasn't out of line.

Like if you said "I went to try on dresses and the clerk called me fat." and I replied "I don't see what the big deal is." it would be dismissive. It would imply your feelings were invalid and that you didn't have a right to be upset.
    OP has a right to be upset. It may not be a big deal to you, but it's a big deal to her.

That's what I was saying, and it's the truth, it's not inappropriate.

[QUOTE]Pink, I understand what you're saying; some posts were disrespectful to the OP.  None of mine were.  I did not insult or disrespect her in any way.  I simply said that I thought it wasn't as big a deal as she made it out to be, that she may be overreacting by contacting the BBB, and that she should try to focus on the positives and make the night a good memory. However, when you told me I was being "holier than thou" and that I thought I was better than someone else, that was also inappropriate based on my posts.  I just found it odd that you were so quick to jump on everyone for being rude to the OP, and then you were rude to me when I didn't deserve it.  I'm not offended at all, but practice what you preach! 
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The customer service rep offered free tickets, but she also gave her an attitude. She told her IA was doing a great job, OP didn't appreciate it, and that she hoped OP would behave better at the next show. That's not okay. I wouldn't want those tickets if they came with a free side of bad attitude.
    Maybe you'd sit by and take being talked down to someone you've purchased a service from, but I wouldn't, and I wouldn't expect the OP to either.

And your story is apples to oranges. You and your friends weren't expecting a lap dance. Had you been expecting one, you'd be upset that someone else got one and you didn't.

[QUOTE]If that happened to me, and I called a customer rep to complain and they offered me free tickets the next time that band came through town I would consider myself mollified. Since you're such a fan of using examples, I'll give you one of my own. I was in Vegas recently for my friend's bachlorette and we went to see the Thunder From Down Under. (Yes, really.) There were at least half a dozen bach parties there that night. A couple of the brides got pulled up on stage or got a lap dance in the audience. My friend wasn't one of them. Nobody even thought to complain or feel that we had been cheated out of something. We got drunk, we saw a fun show, we got our money's worth. End of story. I'm not judging the poster as a person, I don't know her from a hole in the wall. Her post struck a nerve with me with me because the kind of behavior she described is one of my pet peeves. That's all.
    Posted by GEM81[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but IMO by saying "I don't see what the big deal is" is saying "I don't understand why you're upset because I wouldn't be upset if I were in your shoes." It's dismissive. I don't think it's very nice. You also said that the other posters were being honest and telling OP that she was out of line. OP wasn't out of line. Like if you said "I went to try on dresses and the clerk called me fat." and I replied "I don't see what the big deal is." it would be dismissive. It would imply your feelings were invalid and that you didn't have a right to be upset. OP has a right to be upset. It may not be a big deal to you, but it's a big deal to her. That's what I was saying, and it's the truth, it's not inappropriate.

The problem with your argument is in assuming that all complaints and rants are equally valid. Like if someone where to post on here that she was upset because her bridesmaids are too fat and she wanted an attractive looking bridal party, should we be sympathetic because this is how she feels and everyone should respect that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmirag. Show elmirag's posts

Wow! I saw this post the the other day, read it, and moved on. I saw it today and saw 35 replies! So I had to read the whole thread (like driving by a car accident, you can't help but look...) I knew what I would read wouldn't be good...

Seriously, the OP did say, in a second post on this thread
     "Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but clearly some people didn't understand that fact that I chose this place only for the chance for the skit, my FH and other friends were really looking forward to seeing how funny it would be."   
    See the part "a chance for the skit", doesn't that imply she knew it wasn't a sure thing? I can understand her being a little disappointed, but sounds like a bit of overreaction. Esp swearing at the guy, but if she had a couple drinks in her, it probably wasn't her real personality. Reporting them to the BBB? A bit much, but no one on here told her not to, they just voiced their own opinions that it was over the top.  Really, look into the BBB- I've posted before, they only "take care" of businesses who pay to belong to the BBB. Those complaints get "resolved" no matter what. Don't get upset if the OP reports them to the BBB, in the big picture, it won't matter a bit. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

No, all complaints about A BUSINESS OR SERVICE PROVIDER are valid.

Not complaints about other people. Like the ones you made above, about the kind of people that drive you crazy.

[QUOTE]The problem with your argument is in assuming that all complaints and rants are equally valid. Like if someone where to post on here that she was upset because her bridesmaids are too fat and she wanted an attractive looking bridal party, should we be sympathetic because this is how she feels and everyone should respect that?
    Posted by GEM81[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

[QUOTE]No, all complaints about A BUSINESS OR SERVICE PROVIDER are valid. Not complaints about other people. Like the ones you made above, about the kind of people that drive you crazy.

Business and service providers are people too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Yes, but you pay them for a service. If that service is not up to your standards, whatever they may be, you're free to complain about it.
    These complaints are not about the person, but the service they provide.
    OP wasn't complaining that she didn't like IA for who they were, she complained about the poor service she was given by the corporate rep.

[QUOTE]Business and service providers are people too.
    Posted by GEM81[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEM81. Show GEM81's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, but you pay them for a service. If that service is not up to your standards, whatever they may be, you're free to complain about it. These complaints are not about the person, but the service they provide. OP wasn't complaining that she didn't like IA for who they were, she complained about the poor service she was given by the corporate rep.

Well I guess this is where we'll just have to agree to disagree. Lodging a complaint is one thing, but I don't think it's appropriate to swear at or verbally abuse someone you're paying for a service just because it doesn't meet your expectations. Particularly in this case, which seems like it was just a minor oversight on the IA's part, and not an egregious example of poor customer service.

I saw a preview for an upcoming episode of Bridezillas where the bride smashes in a cake when she's unhappy with how it turns out. I guess we all need to respect her feelings about the cake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I saw a preview for an upcoming episode of Bridezillas where the bride smashes in a cake when she's unhappy with how it turns out. I guess we all need to respect her feelings about the cake.
    Posted by GEM81[/QUOTE]

I can't find the show on at any times I look.  When is it on again? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

We are still arguing about this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]We are still arguing about this?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

The boards are slow today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

She said she swore. We don't know in what capacity. It could have been just one "What the F" or "That's bull", not necessarily a tirade. You're assuming she threw a hissy fit, you have no right or capacity to assume that.

The treatment she was given by the corporate woman was not okay, and the OP said she hadn't sworn, yelled or insulted her. She was given attitude by a customer service rep, which is never okay.

If I ordered a vanilla wedding cake because I hated chocolate, and was given a chocolate cake on my big day, I might have flipped out. It would have depended on how that day was going and how much I cared about my cake. At any rate, my vendor delivered the wrong cake and I would have a right to be upset about it. Perhaps smashing it would be an overreaction, but that's not the same as the OP's situation.
    She's not overreacting. She attempted to resolve her complaint with IA, they gave her attitude, she has to seek other routes in order to be compensated in a proper manner.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. The OP apologized to IA for her behavior, they gave her attitude in return. That's not good customer service.

And if you fail to give someone good customer service, what should they do? Ask you ever so nicely to correct the problem? What if your hairdresser singed off a piece of your hair right before the wedding? Where do we draw the line? When is it okay to get really upset?
    That's a matter of personal opinion. If you weren't personally in that situation, you have no right to say she overreacted.

At any rate, the OP's behavior and the poor customer service of IA are mutually exclusive. One did not cause the other or vice versa. Yes, she shouldn't have swore (which she apologized for), but she still has every right to be upset that their service wasn't satisfactory.

[QUOTE]Well I guess this is where we'll just have to agree to disagree. Lodging a complaint is one thing, but I don't think it's appropriate to swear at or verbally abuse someone you're paying for a service just because it doesn't meet your expectations. Particularly in this case, which seems like it was just a minor oversight on the IA's part, and not an egregious example of poor customer service. I saw a preview for an upcoming episode of Bridezillas where the bride smashes in a cake when she's unhappy with how it turns out. I guess we all need to respect her feelings about the cake.
    Posted by GEM81[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BananaD123. Show BananaD123's posts

My friends bachelorette party wast there. I knew they did skits - so I asked if there was a volunteer for that night. They asked for her name. I even called the day of just to make sure she was still the volunteer. There was also two other bachelorette parties there that didnt get a skit. That was because I made sure my friend went up on stage! I kept calling to confirm. Point is, there is SO many bachelorette parties that go to the improv asylum. They would not have time for a real show if they kept bringing people on stage! Plus, the bachelorette party should not even be the center of it all - your marriage should be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from STLR. Show STLR's posts

I'm just having a problem with the fact that an adult would demand a skit for a bachelorette party

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I have only read a few of the posts so far so maybe this point was brought up, but, in your very own words, you said this: Tonight is my and my FH's bachelorette and bachelor parties!! He and his groomsman are heading to a casino in CT overnight, while my 'maids and I head to Boston for dinner and an improv comedy show (where they'll hopefully do a skit about me and FH). I'm scared about being made fun of on stage, but it was my idea...lol I'm excited and nervous at the same time

Sounds to me like this is a show you bought tickets to, and they ask for a volunteer to be part of the skit. You hoped it would be you. It wasn't you. You got mad you were not the center of attention. However, if you could post the link to this show's website so we can read the details of the show for ourselves, it would greatly help.