Wedding Band Suggestions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkm724. Show mkm724's posts

Wedding Band Suggestions

I'm looking for help in finding a great wedding band that will keep everyone dancing all night long.  Has anyone seen Airtight, As You Like It, or Soul Kitchen in action?  Have any suggestions for a great band in the $4000-$5000 range? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Wedding Band Suggestions

In Response to Wedding Band Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for help in finding a great wedding band that will keep everyone dancing all night long.  Has anyone seen Airtight, As You Like It, or Soul Kitchen in action?  Have any suggestions for a great band in the $4000-$5000 range? 
    Posted by mkm724[/QUOTE]

Do you have to have a band? I like bands, but IMO DJ's can provide more entertainment. To me, if you want to hear a specific song, they can literally play that song without fail. Also DJ's are way less expensive than 4 or $5,000, and that way you can spend that money on something else. Otherwise I don't know of any bands. I have more fun at weddings with DJ's than I do with bands, but that's just me.

TheKnot.com has a good local resource section and may be able to help you with finding bands. But I would suggest going and listening to each band in person in order to make sure they can provide exactly what you want!! Good luck :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

We had Night Rhythm play at our wedding, and they were incredible.  They totally packed the dance floor all night.  We got compliments from everyone--including an uncle who worked in the music and entertainment industry for decades organizing concerts.  Definitely a big highlight of our wedding.  They were in that price range for us, but it depends on day of week and which group you get (we got Rebecca and Eve, but we also heard Monica and Bryan in a showcase--both are excellent).  
     Their website is www.nightrhythm.com

good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

I see Sept2010's point- especially in regards to more contemporary dance music, but I've usually found that bands are a lot more entertaining than a guy with a laptop. Besides, most of the top bands now come with some sort of DJ service, so you can still hear the original version of anything you want.

It has been some time since I searched for a band, but I did extensive research and found the best bands to be Night Shift, Flipside, Boss, Soho and Kahootz.  Your price range is  little low for a Saturday night, but who knows? Maybe prices have come down a little bit.

Good luck

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

I've been looking at bands too - here are some names I had recommended to me: Nightshift, Beantown, Radiance, Flipside. I've heard multiple good things about all of them, although Nightshift and Beantown are a bit pricier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carolineinthecity. Show Carolineinthecity's posts

Men in Black are in your price range and amazing. The had everyone dancing all night. They also played my friend's wedding a few years before and were awesome there too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from planningfor2011. Show planningfor2011's posts

I used Studio C - they are actually a little more affordable (we paid $3000 2 years ago) and were awesome!  Kept everyone on the dance floor, even got people dancing early on between toasts, etc.  There is just something about live music that gets everyone dancing.

In Response to Wedding Band Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for help in finding a great wedding band that will keep everyone dancing all night long.  Has anyone seen Airtight, As You Like It, or Soul Kitchen in action?  Have any suggestions for a great band in the $4000-$5000 range? 
    Posted by mkm724[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from campBoston. Show campBoston's posts

Be sure to check up on any wedding bands you might choose.  Here's a link with some reviews.

http://www.bestbostonweddings.com/boston-wedding-bands/1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bride2B08. Show Bride2B08's posts

We had Flipside, and they were amazing.  Still get compliments on them almost a year later.  Everyone danced their a$$es off all night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I am looking at the All-Nighters...going to a wedding on the 1st of August who is using them so I will let you know!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

No idea how much they were, but we went to a wedding this weekend and they had Eye to Eye and they were AMAZING! 
    They had everyone on the dance floor all night (even FI who does not dance!)
    They were really great about getting right on the floor with us and dancing with us -but were not cheezy at all.

I personally don't like the idea of a band - I don't think they can play the music I like - but this band surprised me - too bad i can't afford it ;)
    I think they are really worth whatever the price is and whatever you have to cut back on.  People old and young, were raving the next morning at breakfast too!!