Wedding bands - of the musical variety

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmc21. Show mmc21's posts

Wedding bands - of the musical variety

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get some real reviews for wedding bands... i'm getting married in september 2011 and we want a good band... i think we are down to deciding between the hip pocket orchestra and Legit.  anyone ever seen either of these/have anything to say about them??

THanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Wedding bands

I can't comment about the bands you mentioned either, but can recommend mine too. Unity they are on the Murray Hill Talent website.   I have had 4 people ask me for the name of the band for their wedding since they heard them at mine!  They had the crowd going all night! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I've read good reviews of Legit, but no personal experience. Anyway, we used Night Rhythm and LOVED them. They were amazing and really packed the dance floor. They really made the party--I highly recommend them!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colby2000. Show Colby2000's posts

We had Hip Pocket Orchestra play at our wedding last October, after hearing them play at a friend's wedding several years earlier.  I can honestly say it was the best decision we made!  Almost a year later, people are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding because of the band.  They had people dancing all night (including my husband who usually stands on the sidelines!), all while maintaining the elegant and classy feel we were hoping for.  I loved that they had a really diverse play list (and the songs sounded like they do on the radio, not some cheesy remake), listened to my thoughts and hopes for the vibe of the night, and remained professional throughout the entire process. 

I very much recommend them!  Good luck! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(Oops, I thought by "wedding bands" you meant rings!")

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julie6278. Show Julie6278's posts

Re: Wedding bands - of the musical variety

I just got married August 28, 2010 and Sugarfoot and the brass kickin horns were amazing,  I was sooo happy with them, they were entertaining, not cheesy and very reasonably priced.  Definitely made my wedding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used Clockwork Band? Or heard them before?

Thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I used Clockwork for my wedding. I can't say enough good things about them. I got a ton of compliments on them, both that night and afterwards. We asked them to learn 3 songs for us and they did an incredible job. In fact, half of my guests thought our first dance was the CD until I told them that the band learned it especially for us. Ron, the band leader, is one of the nicest guys ever.

Hope that helps!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding bands - of the musical variety:
    [QUOTE]I used Clockwork for my wedding. I can't say enough good things about them. I got a ton of compliments on them, both that night and afterwards. We asked them to learn 3 songs for us and they did an incredible job. In fact, half of my guests thought our first dance was the CD until I told them that the band learned it especially for us. Ron, the band leader, is one of the nicest guys ever. Hope that helps!
    Posted by FriarGirl03[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! A great band can really make a reception spectacular and a poor band can really ruin it so it has become the one decision that I've been nervous about lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding bands - of the musical variety : Thank you!!! A great band can really make a reception spectacular and a poor band can really ruin it so it has become the one decision that I've been nervous about lol
    Posted by pinkandpearls[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. DH's father plays in a band so we knew we'd have some tough critics. This band made our reception awesome. I wouldn't hesitate with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

I just had my wedding in September and hands down the best decision we made was hiring Groove Authority (http://www.grooveauthority.com). They had everyone dancing all night and I can't even count how many compliments we received.  Best wedding band ever!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tex5. Show Tex5's posts

I second Groove Authority! Guests still talk about the band, they were amazing, the dance floor was never empty!

[QUOTE]I just had my wedding in September and hands down the best decision we made was hiring Groove Authority ( http://www.grooveauthority.com). They had everyone dancing all night and I can't even count how many compliments we received.  Best wedding band ever!
    Posted by SSBride09[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts