Wedding Hair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Re: Wedding Hair

That seems a bit high to me...but it could vary based on your location and where she is traveling to/from.  My stylist is doing my wedding hair and I know at the salon it starts at about $50 for an updo.  She is traveling to Plymouth for my wedding day so I know it will probably be closer to $100/per with travel fees/tip. 
    I would shop around before you commit to that price.  That seems like a lot of money to spend when it could go towards other things in your budget.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Yeah, that's too high in my mind.  But do you really want this particular stylist?  The additional cost for her hotel stay probably adds a lot.

Where are you getting married?  There are plenty of stylists in the Boston/Eastern MA area that will come to your site and only charge you a travel fee (not the hotel fee).  I paid $150 (or $200? I forget already!) for mine, then $80 each for 3 BMs, no travel fee for a total of around $400.  Quotes for travel fees were only like $30 to $50.  But again it will depend on where you are getting married.

Good luck!

PS. I shopped around a lot and these prices were pretty standard for people who will travel to your site.  Going to a salon might be cheaper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

It depends on the stylist and how important having that particular person is to you.  I wanted my regular stylist from Boston to do my hair for my wedding in Newport, RI.  I got married on July 4 and my stylist has two kids so obviously it was going to have to be financially beneficial for her to do it.  I paid her $500 for my trial, my hair, my sister and my mom plus I paid about $300 for her hotel and gave her a $100 tip so all-in - $900.

Yes, I could have found someone cheaper but I KNEW she would do an amazing job plus I know her really well and most importantly she knows my hair so it was worth the extra money for piece of mind. 

So basically yeah you can find someone cheaper but if you like them, I don't think it is a ridiculous amount for what you are getting. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

It seems high but I guess it depends. I did basically the same thing and it only cost $415 + tip (for me and 3 BM's), including the trial. She traveled about 45 min each way and arrived at 6 am since we had a morning wedding. I think her travel fee (which was included in the $415) was about $30.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If the $800 includes the hotel room, or at least hair trials for all of you, then I think it's reasonable.  If it's $800 plus her hotel room, then that's outrageous.

If she only has to travel an hour to reach the location where you are getting ready, why does she need to stay overnight?  My stylist traveled from Framingham to Salem, MA and I only paid her $180 total.  She only did my hair, though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with ALF's assessment totally.  It should include everything at $200 per head, no pun intended. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJktea. Show DJktea's posts

That seems like alot.
    If you need a local stylist I can recommend the Custom Solution in Kingston.  Nice salon with experienced stylist to make you and your wedding party look great.  They also do makeup if needed.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

$800. for 4 people is high.  what does the $800. include besides the bride and 3 attendants?  is the bride's veil one that needs to be "intertwined" w/the hair?  travel expense?  

Is there any special treatment type thing that needs to be done to the bride's hair ahead of time (straightening, etc.) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevenspinz. Show stevenspinz's posts

I'm paying a lot more, but what the ladies above are quoting is what you should expect to pay. On average, depending upon the application and who you are using, makeup will run between $100-$150. Hair would be about the same as well for the bride.

[url=http://www.forhair.com/]Hair Transplant[/url]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I agree with ALF.  If the $800 includes hotel and travel, plus 4 people, and a trial, then I'm only a little shocked.  I could see it getting up to that number.  But, I am also surprised a vendor would require a hotel room for only an hour's travel.  Just paying a typical travel fee for the stylist to arrive that AM seems more typical with that distance and I would think most wedding vendors would be accustomed to traveling an hour.  Unless of course, it is an early wedding or photos will be done quite early and folks want hair started at like 6am or earlier, then perhaps I could see the need for a room.