Wedding Planner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Wedding Planner

our event coordinator did everything a wedding planner would have done. she managed the vendors, helped the guests and bridal party be int he right places at the right times and kept everything moving along. She even made sure I sat down and enjoyed my dinner.

Have a covnersation with your event manager about what he/she will be doing that day, and then go from there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

you don't think that would be rude.. I haven't been really happy with the service ank the few questions that I had.. basically her response was that really isn't what I'm here for.. or not my job.....whick I do understand!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Hi Staci,

That was basically how my on site event manager was...worked on the space logistics up until the wedding, but the day of she was there but didn't help out (even when they caused my caterer/wait staff an extra hour of work over their mistake).  I did have a coordinator and it was totally worth it (if it weren't for her the room wouldn't have been ready when we got there).  It sounds like in your situation, a coordinator would be really helpful and would give you peace of mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

good info!!! Would you happen to remember who you used!
    Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it shouldn't be rude to ask, but if the manager's been snotty, then I agree with dkb, save yourself the headache.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Our venue coordinator has not been very helpful yet, so we decided to hire a day of coordinator just to make sure.  It is a relief to know that we have someone who we hired (so we know she's competent!) to make sure everythign runs smoothly.  A lot of people told me the DOC was the best investment they made for their wedding (though if you have a good one at your venue, probalby not needed, but ours seems lacking and I like the insurance).  We are using Christy Kahana from CAKE weddings:

www.cakeweddings.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We didn't have one.  I was into researching the vendors myself, etc.  And the day of coordinator at my venue was helpful with answering questions and day of stuff.

I'm curious what kind of stuff you've been asking yours about that she says aren't her job?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

I had asked some questions if they worked with people that make inivtiations, and some requests for restaurants for a rehersal dinner... I know they probably just treat every event as just an event... but you know.. it's your own.. so even if they don't care.. at least pretend.... It's all just business!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hmm... yeah, that kind of stuff sounds outside the realm of the venue.  Although ours did give us a list of vendors they recommend, like florists, djs, etc.  However, these type of questions you can easily get answered on the boards or by web searching.  A wedding planner could also help, but their services are pricey and you can do a lot of that stuff by yourself.  So far it doesn't sound like you  need one. 

We hired the day of coordinator because 1) no time for a rehearsal, so we want her to make sure everyone knows where/when to go during the ceremony, 2) take care of decorations, payments for vendors and any other last minute things (I don't want my family or BMs to have to do this) and 3) the venue so far has screwed a few things up, so I feel better knowing we have someone competent making sure everything goes smoothly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Planner:
     I had asked some questions if they worked with people that make inivtiations, and some requests for restaurants for a rehersal dinner... I know they probably just treat every event as just an event... but you know.. it's your own.. so even if they don't care.. at least pretend.... It's all just business!!!
    Posted by staci1

That is kind of stinky.  I can see how they wouldn't have recommendations for invitations because they never have to deal with them, but would it really be difficult to recommend a few local restaurants?  I asked my day of coordinator to recommend hotels in the area and she did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

I'm thinking we may do a day of person.. do you remember who you used?

Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

do you remember who you used!  I think we may do a day of coorinator!
    Thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Hi Staci, I have a wedding and event planning business and I can tell you that day of coordination seems to be the most popular choice needed by brides and to anyone planning any other type of event.  There are many things that aren't taken care of by your onsite coordinator as they're mainly responsible for the venue and not for some of the details you may require.  I know it's against board rules that I contact you or give out my information so if you'd like to learn any more or have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

hi there.. yes can you contact me that would be a huge help... stacimoskovit71athotmail.com!
    Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Our wedding event coordinator of our venue (Wayside Inn) handled everything beautifully!!  There is no need for another planner if you have a coodinator at the venue.  Please save your money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Planner:
    Posted by staci1

Before you go spending money on a wedding planner, I'd talk to the event coordinator again. If these are the only types of info request you made so far and she's been, in your words, snotty about it, it's probably b/c these things would not be anything that an on site coordinator does. Her job should include coordinating vendors on the day of the event - if it's not her job, there should be someone there who handles it.  This is a perfectly legitmate request on your part so go ahead and ask her.  If you don't like her response or tone after that, you can look into hiring one.  I think [based on my and my sisters' experience] that as long as there is an onsite coordinator and they are not comatose, you don't need a day of wedding planner. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

honestly I don't feel that comfortable with her abilities... i've had to follow up on several things that she was supposed to handle.. and I think I would feel better knowing that there is someone there.. making sure things go smoothly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Thanks for the info!

Sections
Shortcuts