Wedding Vendor Review For April Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laurie1952. Show Laurie1952's posts

Wedding Vendor Review For April Wedding

Hello All, My daughter got married in April and mentioned to me that would browse thru the Boston.com wedding forums, so I decided to look thru them and noticed that another mother posted a review of her daughters wedding vendors. I would like to do the same. My daughter was the last one of my husband and I's 4 children to get married, and we had a lovely wedding.

Church: Sacred Heart in Watertown: A+

My husband and I were married in this church 30 years ago, and like our wedding, they did a wonderful job with our daughters.

Reception: DoubleTree Suites in Cambridge: A+

The reception was in the Charles River Ballroom with windows overlooking the river. The food was delicious and the room looked lovely. Our wedding coordinator was very helpful in assuring that my daughter and her husband was taken care of the whole night, and that our guests has comfortable rooms to stay in.

Flowers: KaBloom: Brighton: A-

I am only giving them a minus because they were about 20 minutes late delivering the girls' bouquets. But the arrangments were lovely and lasted all day and night, and their prices were perfect.

Wedding Gown: Camilla's in Arlington: A-
    I am giving Camilla's and A- because they weren't as attentive as I thought they would be with my daughter, but they were very helpful and the alterations were wonderful and everything came in on time.

DJ: DJ Mark Wish: A+
    Mark did a fantastic job getting everyone out on the dance floor and keeping things clean and classy, we loved him.

Cake: Icing on the Cake: A+
    The cake was great, very delicious and beautiful, my daughter was very happy with it, and she is a professional baker!

Hair and Makeup: Kenneth Wilde Salon, Newton, MA: A+
    My daughter is a client of this salon, and Gia did a wonderful job on her hair and makeup, it lasted all night long through hours of dancing.

Limo: Northeastern Limos, LLC: A+
    They were on time and very nice. We had two stretch limos and both were clean, had a/c, and drove very well.

Photographer: Steven Charles Photography: A+++++
    I can't nearly give enough +'s. Steven Charles is based out of Vernon, CT, but we hired him because he is simply amazing. He was my older sons photographer for his wedding in CT, and got him to do our daughters here in MA, we were very lucky.

Honeymoon: RIU Palace All-Inclusive, Dominican Republic: A+
    Although I was not there, my daughter said her husband and herself said they had a fantastic time and the facilities and the beach were perfect.

I think that about covers it. I hope this information can help any future brides out there. I am sharing my favorite picture of my husband and my daughters dance together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Re: Wedding Vendor Review For April Wedding

Congrats to you and your family.  I love the reviews :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely!!  Thanks for posting, and I'm happy to hear of another fabulous wedding day.  Never seen a more proud Daddy. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats to you and your family.  I love the reviews :)
    Posted by Scorpio75[/QUOTE]

Not to hijack, but just a suggestion, Scorpio.  Maybe you could add "~Scopio" before your signature line so it doesn't look like it's part of the content of the post.  New people might think you are directing the blue at them in particular.  The first time I saw it, I thought it was part of the post.  Maybe I'm not so bright, though. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

[QUOTE]Not to hijack, but just a suggestion, Scorpio.  Maybe you could add "~Scopio" before your signature line so it doesn't look like it's part of the content of the post.  New people might think you are directing the blue at them in particular.  The first time I saw it, I thought it was part of the post.  Maybe I'm not so bright, though. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    It is called a signature line...they are pretty common out in the wild world of the internet and you say you know what it is so I don't understand why you had a problem with it.  And the different color is often used to show that distinction of it not being part of the post.  That and the additional spacing between the text of the post and the sig line should have also been a give away.  And if I add my screen name to it then it would look like I said that line when it is in fact a pretty common phrase that I cannot personally take credit for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinklady. Show pinklady's posts

If you don't mind me asking...
    What were the prices like at Doubletree Cambridge?  Any minimums?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]It is called a signature line...they are pretty common out in the wild world of the internet and you say you know what it is so I don't understand why you had a problem with it.  And the different color is often used to show that distinction of it not being part of the post.  That and the additional spacing between the text of the post and the sig line should have also been a give away.  And if I add my screen name to it then it would look like I said that line when it is in fact a pretty common phrase that I cannot personally take credit for.
    Posted by Scorpio75[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Kar - at first I was like, why is Scorpio accusing this woman of lack of planning??  Then after seeing it a couple of times I realized that obviously it's a signature (and I actually like the phrase quite a bit).

I don't think Kar's suggestion was meant as an attack!  Usually signatures either come after the name of the sender (which is I think what Kar meant - to put your name before the sig, not after, but I could be mistaken), or are separated by some kind of divider or additional space, as you said (although I don't see additional spacing between the posts and your signature - there's just a single space).  There is so much misunderstanding with e-communication...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Chill out Scorpio...it was a perfectly nice suggestion by Kar. I agree, it does look like its part of your content. If you break it up like she suggested it would look more like a signature line. Like with ***** or something.

Or, do nothing. That is fine too. It was only a suggestion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Pretty! The FI and I looked at The Doubletree. Pinklady, I can't remember the prices, but they are pretty reasonable and the ballrooms are really nice. It is right off Memorial Drive, I think, wihch could be very convienant for guests. Beautiful picture :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovesparkle. Show lovesparkle's posts

Thanks for sharing you looked great!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I LOVE reading the reviews!